RonD1120

Christian "high horse"

Religion is evil and the sooner we eradicate it from the earth, the better of we are.

See this is what I don't get. I really don't care if you DON'T believe....it has no bearing on me and my beliefs but the intolerance of atheist to any forms of religion is just FUCKED UP.

Basically people are bad at times, getting rid of religion isn't going to change that. Religion just as political beliefs can by used to kill people.

The simplistic and childish view that if we all just believed like TK the world would be a better place is BS just like the nut cases that try to convince TK that he must have religion.

Like Normiss said why can't we just leave each other alone? I want to go to church than FUCK you and you anti-religious BS it's none of your fucking business.

and

If you DON'T want to go to church than FUCK off with knocking on my door trying to convince me to go.

Jeez :S
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Religion is evil and the sooner we eradicate it from the earth, the better of we are.

See this is what I don't get. I really don't care if you DON'T believe....it has no bearing on me and my beliefs but the intolerance of atheist to any forms of religion is just FUCKED UP.

Basically people are bad at times, getting rid of religion isn't going to change that. Religion just as political beliefs can by used to kill people.

The simplistic and childish view that if we all just believed like TK the world would be a better place is BS just like the nut cases that try to convince TK that he must have religion.

Like Normiss said why can't we just leave each other alone? I want to go to church than FUCK you and you anti-religious BS it's none of your fucking business.

and

If you DON'T want to go to church than FUCK off with knocking on my door trying to convince me to go.

+1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's not intolerance in my case, I'm just tired of being force fed religion EVERYWHERE. In every aspect of our lives we are forced to tolerate religious idealism, laws based on religious guilt and beliefs, and general religious overtones.
I don't think that's right.

normiss

It's not intolerance in my case, I'm just tired of being force fed religion EVERYWHERE. In every aspect of our lives we are forced to tolerate religious idealism, laws based on religious guilt and beliefs, and general religious overtones.

I am trying to fashion a question and I am not sure how to word it....

But first, I need to understand where you think you are being force fed. Know that I do not consider myself a very religious person so my question is genuine and not meant as trapping in any way

And the reason I ask is, it seems to me that those actions and ideas that most of us think are good, are mirrored by most religions so, is religion pushing us to do what is nice and right? Or are religions mearly mirroring what most of us already know?

I hope this makes sense[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

I'm pathetically agnostic, and I don't get that at all. No one is force feeding me anything. though the 'religions' of environmentalism and liberalism are force fed here and directly impacting my wallet. so is the 'religion' of excessive conservatism.

Most people think they are 'force fed' are actually just annoyed by people that act or talk different than them.

I'd rather have a law that outlaws smoking before worrying about trying to ban some kid that wants to say a prayer privately in a corner before eating his school lunch. Who's she hurting? for that matter, 'most' of the time who's that smoker hurting other than just smelling bad and standing at entrances to feed his addiction?

Which laws are you objecting to?
Don't Kill? Don't Steal?
I'm kinda ok with those.

I'd object if banning yoga pants every 'actually' got passed.
I'd object if I was forced to kneel and pray every day.
I'd object if I was forced to pay taxes to build churches (I kinda am, since they are excluded, I do have to pay extra to pick up the slack).

abortion objections are characterized as religious (by both sides at times), but I think at the heart of it is really just a disagreement on how to interpret when life begins - that doesn't require a religion, it could come from any type of moral upbringing. I wish they would base the argument as such, and the bible quoters just shut up and not muddy the waters.....but I don't expect coherent logic for any number of topics, from any perspective. this is just one of them

shit - making me buy a certain light bulb, or taxing the hell out of my car because it doesn't use the right kind of gas is more intrusive than some people standing on a corner handing out (bibles, political literature, advertising, etc etc). Not letting me build a house on MY property because some neighbor thinks MY big tree is pretty and they don't want it cut down is intrusive.

etc

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

State seal.
License plates.
Prayer before anything official.
Abortion laws.
Gay marriage laws.
"Swearing" on a bible.
"Swearing" to "god" on official forms made to the clerk of courts.
Garbage inserted into mail slot of my home.
Garbage inserted into my mailbox.
God bless you when you sneeze.
My taxes paying for religious statues.
Being prevented from purchasing alcoholic beverages during religious times of day.
The loss of billions of dollars in tax revenue for religious organizations with impressive financial portfolios.
Prevention of scientific research based on religious beliefs.
Children taught hate and fear.
Censorship.
Tax money spent to prevent the teaching of lies in our schools.
People SCREAMING at me directly in my face on the streets.
Discrimination.
The dick at the drive through telling me to have a "blessed" day.
Declaration of Independence as well as most State's.

Those are the ones that fly off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty more.

normiss

State seal.
License plates./
Prayer before anything official.dont participate
Abortion laws.cultural. religion just lines up on one side. I am pro life but not for relgious reasons
Gay marriage laws.see above
"Swearing" on a bible.part of the cultrual history
"Swearing" to "god" on official forms made to the clerk of courts.your god can be what you want it to be
Garbage inserted into mail slot of my home.anoying but not just religious
My taxes paying for religious statues.what are these?
Being prevented from purchasing alcoholic beverages during religious times of day.what?
The loss of billions of dollars in tax revenue for religious organizations with impressive financial portfolios.part of the establiched freedoms that were at the heart of the founding of this country
Prevention of scientific research based on religious beliefs.?
Children taught hate and fear.sounds like climate alarmists to me
Censorship.I see more censorship going against religion than is seen the other way around
Tax money spent to prevent the teaching of lies in our schools.see above
People SCREAMING at me directly in my face on the streets. they have a right to be there. You have a right not to listen
Discrimination.goes both ways, worse against christians
The dick at the drive through telling me to have a "blessed" day.so have a shitty day then
Declaration of Independence as well as most State's.part of this country. You have choices if you dont like this

Those are the ones that fly off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are plenty more.

I am sure
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***State seal.
License plates./
Prayer before anything official.dont participate - IN GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. PERIOD.
Abortion laws.cultural. religion just lines up on one side. I am pro life but not for relgious reasons - Stay out of people's boides. None ya. Stop adding unconstitutional requirements as well.
Gay marriage laws.see above - So straight people need to stop making gay humans I guess. It's unconstitutional anyway, so whatever.
"Swearing" on a bible.part of the cultrual history - Not mine it isn't. It has zero meaning in mine.
"Swearing" to "god" on official forms made to the clerk of courts.your god can be what you want it to be - Not according to the state constitution those forms reference, it isn't.
Garbage inserted into mail slot of my home.anoying but not just religious - Nothing but religious.
My taxes paying for religious statues.what are these? - 10 commandments or jebus statues on county property usually.
Being prevented from purchasing alcoholic beverages during religious times of day.what? - I don't understand your question. It's referred to as "blue laws" in some areas. Thankfully, it's a wet county!
The loss of billions of dollars in tax revenue for religious organizations with impressive financial portfolios.part of the establiched freedoms that were at the heart of the founding of this country - Times change. Stop stealing from the citizens.
Prevention of scientific research based on religious beliefs.? - JFGI: stem cell research. Even W thought it was bad and god didn't want us playing god.
Children taught hate and fear.sounds like climate alarmists to me - Usually the threat YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOREVER!!!! works well. Sounds like child abuse to me.
Censorship.I see more censorship going against religion than is seen the other way around - I see more death than titties on TV thanks to god people afraid of the human body. Killing people is apparently a better lesson. Oh, and the smudging of the word "shit" in a song.
Tax money spent to prevent the teaching of lies in our schools.see above - See textbook selections in Texas.
People SCREAMING at me directly in my face on the streets. they have a right to be there. You have a right not to listen - True. I don't scream in people's faces. It's a concealed carry state with the right to defend yourself. Some people scare quite easily. Just think "in fear of my life and the lives of my family. It's also fucking rude.
Discrimination.goes both ways, worse against christians - I've seen people not hired at a job for "not being godly". WTF is that? Unconstitutional, that's what that is.
The dick at the drive through telling me to have a "blessed" day.so have a shitty day then - Thanks! You too! B-)
Declaration of Independence as well as most State's.part of this country. You have choices if you dont like this - Doubtful that those will be re-written to remove the god references, so most of us simply ignore them.

I am sureGood for you.

normiss

Abortion laws.
Gay marriage laws.
My taxes paying for religious statues.
Being prevented from purchasing alcoholic beverages during religious times of day.
The loss of billions of dollars in tax revenue for religious organizations with impressive financial portfolios.
Prevention of scientific research based on religious beliefs..

these bug me, I don't like subjective philosophies taking money out of my pocket, I don't much care about the others - I can ignore it, change it, or throw away the stuff

People SCREAMING at me directly in my face on the streets.

you know that's not a religious thing, that's a Normiss thing.. :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

mirage62

and

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steven_Weinberg
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

ya know, that's a pretty good one - I grok

but I suspect that last line is true, but overweighted by obnoxious people doing obnoxious things

we'd all be happier with ice cream shakes

I don't care if you believe or not either. HOWEVER, when your beliefs start creeping into justification for making public policy, then yes it actually affects my life, and I object to it.

there is a difference between 'being called intolerant' as us atheists are so often labeled and objecting to what you represent because your religion is actually affecting the country and therefore affecting me.

"I think there is no climate change caused by man...." - fine let's have a discussion about that.

"I think there is no climate change caused by man because god told me so and he has a plan for the world anyway...." that is fucked up - I have every right to object to it and your religion is dictating your position and it is spelled out in the Constitution that the govt cannot make laws based on that logic.

" I disagree with gay marriage...." fine let's talk about it

"I disagree with gay marriage because god tells me to hate you...." again - go fuck yourself.

Christians (religion in general) are the ones that are far more intolerant that any atheist out there. you are the ones with the strict guidance from god that tells you what you can and cannot do.

read the Constitution, it pretty clearly says what the govt can and cannot do with religion. Yes you can have your religion, but stop pressing it on us and our govt......and yes we object to it because of your 2000 year old historical record of wrongdoing using religion as a feeble excuse.

Christians (religion in general) are the ones that are far more intolerant that any atheist out there.

Horse shit. TK come on how many snarky comments do I make about atheist, as opposed to the "invisible man in the sky" shit comments from many atheist. Most atheist I know have a personal goal of pointing out just how "dumb" religion is. My point is the radical on BOTH sides suck.

Normiss has many good points, I absolutely believe in separation of church and state, think gays sb able to get married....ect.......

But as you say HOWEVER when you start to want to eradicate religion rather than eradicate religious intolerance ....well that's no better than my saying we should force you to go to church.

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you fall on, or what "logic" you (or I) believe, it's the right to believe and follow your on path. I dont give a shit which side your on, stay or your side I'll stay on mine - try to force your views on me we've got a problem.

If you can't follow that simple "logic", it's not my issue.

Mark, I really am trying to be clear - and have made statements totally to the effect - but let me state as directly as I can.

I support your right to absolutely have nothing to do with religion. I will vote to keep separation of church and state just that - separate. I support most of the points you made earlier BUT possibly a difference between you and I is that I don't get very worked up about the atheist position, other than when it is that we (they) should end all religion.

I acknowledge that as a none believer you are bombarded. I'm sorry your subjected to that - but that isn't a reason to end all religion. It is a reason for people of religion to be sensitive to your rights.

These are my true beliefs, as it is for many religious people but unfortunately not all.

Oh...and hell yeah that no beer on Sunday sucks....fucking Christians :P

mirage62

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you fall on, or what "logic" you (or I) believe, it's the right to believe and follow your on path. I dont give a shit which side your on, stay or your side I'll stay on mine - try to force your views on me we've got a problem.

If you can't follow that simple "logic", it's not my issue.

I am not aware that atheists make any attempts to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her uterus, or that a couple should or should not use birth control, or that anyone can't marry a partner of their choice, or that a store can't sell alcohol on certain days, or that people must wear a certain type of underwear or head covering, or that we shouldn't research climate because some supernatural being will make everything good, or ........ the list goes on and on.

Various religions attempt to force items on that list on the rest of us.

Tell us what aspects of behavior atheists are trying to force on you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't insist my gooberment forces me to raise my right hand and swear to a zombie that the paperwork I just submitted to get my passport is correct and truthful.
My word should suffice for that, well that and those threatening federal rules about it being a felony if it's not truthful.

I don't care to end all religion, some people seem to like it and it works for them.
To each their own.

I'll buy you a beer next time bud!
B|

Tell us what aspects of behavior atheists are trying to force on you.

Read the thread John before you troll.

As for the rest......why is it that Muslims must be treated with respect as such a small % are actually terrorist, yet in your limited capacity all Christians are completely and totally 100% women controllers?

The answer is simple.

You know they aren't, your just baiting.