lawrocket

King Abdullah of Jordan Responds to Immolation of Jordanian Pilot by ISIS

I do really think that the killing by immolation crossed a line. A big one. Beheading is one thing. As bad enough as it is, Immolation creates a new level of horror and results in utter mutilation of the person.

Al-Azhar is actually calling for the crucifixion of ISIS Member. My understanding is Al-Azhar to a Sunni is kinda like the Vatican to a Catholic.

So yeah. The killing by fire of a Sunni Muslim by ISIS really crossed a line. A big one. Pretty much the whole Arab world hates them now. I haven't seen the video, don't want to. But I understand it was choreographed to achieve peak horror.

ISIS a has a lot going in its favor. Air superiority is not one of those things.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

I do really think that the killing by immolation crossed a line. A big one. Beheading is one thing. As bad enough as it is, Immolation creates a new level of horror and results in utter mutilation of the person.

Al-Azhar is actually calling for the crucifixion of ISIS Member. My understanding is Al-Azhar to a Sunni is kinda like the Vatican to a Catholic.

So yeah. The killing by fire of a Sunni Muslim by ISIS really crossed a line. A big one. Pretty much the whole Arab world hates them now. I haven't seen the video, don't want to. But I understand it was choreographed to achieve peak horror.

ISIS a has a lot going in its favor. Air superiority is not one of those things.

But blowing civilians to bits with HE bombs is OK?

This "eye for an eye" shit needs to stop. We are NOT as evil as they are, so we shouldn't behave like we are.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***I do really think that the killing by immolation crossed a line. A big one. Beheading is one thing. As bad enough as it is, Immolation creates a new level of horror and results in utter mutilation of the person.

But blowing civilians to bits with HE bombs is OK?

This "eye for an eye" shit needs to stop. We are NOT as evil as they are, so we shouldn't behave like we are.

I believe that here is a line. I don't think the US is deliberately targeting civilian populations. In fact, it seems as though US activity has been to assist civilians (remember the refugees at the reservoir?)

ISIS should be targeted for destruction. I believe it is by any means necessary. The President today compared ISIS to the Crusaders. Assuming his point is valid (which I actually agree with) he is suggesting that the Crusaders should not have been stopped. (Note: he's all right with blaming Christians but still won't call ISIS Muslims).

That means protecting civilians and destroying ISIS. The civilians (what's left of them) are terrorized by ISIS, too. Let's protect them. I do not see a peaceable solution to ISIS.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Anvilbrother

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/urgent-king-of-jordan-to-participate-in-striking-isil/

Follow Up (IraqiNews.com) Jordan confirmed on Wednesday that “The Jordanian King Abdullah II will participate personally on Thursday in conducting air strikes against the shelters of the terrorist ISIL organization to revenge the execution of the Jordanian pilot Maath al-Kassasba by the ISIL.”

Media outlets reported the King Abdullah II as saying “The war against ISIL will not end and we will fight them in their shelters.” /End/

I'll see your Iraqinews on Wednesday and raise you a Jordanian government spokesman on Thursday:

AMMAN

The Jordanian government denied on Thursday that King Abdullah II would personally take part in airstrikes against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militant group.

"Information disseminated over news and social media outlets about the king's participation in airstrikes against [ISIL] is false," government spokesman Mohamed al-Momni has said.

The statements come after reports by some local news outlets – which have spread through social media – that King Abdullah, a trained pilot, would personally take part in anti-ISIL airstrikes on Thursday following the execution of abducted Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kasasba by the militant group in Syria.

What if that is all that they will respond to is violence of action against them that is being proven to wipe them off the face of the earth. Will you then believe in that?

At this point these are things we have tried and; I dont think talking to them will work, I dont think giving them money will work, I dont think trying to build infrastructure for them will work, I dont think educating them will work, I dont think apologizing for them will work, I dont think killing them all off will work, I dont think any one country trying to stop them will work, and I damn sure dont thing ignoring them will work.

Out of those options killing the fuckers has been the one that proves most effective. At least until you move out of the region then they come back because the ones we train to stay are cowardly turds that allow it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

What if that is all that they will respond to is violence of action against them that is being proven to wipe them off the face of the earth. Will you then believe in that?

That does NOT mean we have to resort to the same vile tactics they do. In WWII we didn't respond to Japanese and Nazi atrocities with atrocities of our own, yet we still prevailed AND (mostly) took the high road.

I raise your

Jordanian government spokesman on Thursday

With mine that says he probably did it already, and might continue. They would then put out a claim that he diddn't or wont be doing this to protect their fighters from the the enemy thinking the leader of their enemy is above in any plane they might see, they then would focus all of their assets on bringing them all down.

Or it diddnt happen, but my version sounds like a working plot for a 30 min shitty tv show :)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I raise your

Jordanian government spokesman on Thursday

With mine that says he probably did it already, and might continue. They would then put out a claim that he diddn't or wont be doing this to protect their fighters from the the enemy thinking the leader of their enemy is above in any plane they might see, they then would focus all of their assets on bringing them all down.

Or it diddnt happen, but my version sounds like a working plot for a 30 min shitty tv show :)

Someone is speaking with forked tongue, and neither of us knows who it is.

IMNSHO, allowing a head of state (any state) to fly a combat mission is the height of stupidity. A HUGE propaganda loss if anything should go wrong, with not a lot to gain.

Look can we both agree that mine sounds better, and if were gonna make money off this story we have to go with that one.;) Shit if he gets shot down and has to eject thats half the movie already done for us!:D

There are a thousand possible responses from massive overkill to do absolutely nothing.
The only digital question is one of will - do you respond, or do you do nothing?

Once you've decided to do something, then you have limitless options.

Care to start listing the possible options?
Here, I'll give you the first one:

1. Nothing

Be my guest, fill it in.

And now the nut cases are executing people (including Muslim clerics) for the crime of criticizing their asinine actions:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2940990/ISIS-beheads-four-Syrians-took-Facebook-condemn-burning-Jordanian-pilot-death-two-Muslim-clerics-criticised-murder-shot-firing-squad.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Iago

That does NOT mean we have to resort to the same vile tactics they do. In WWII we didn't respond to Japanese and Nazi atrocities with atrocities of our own, yet we still prevailed AND (mostly) took the high road.

You're right. In this particular case we don't have to resort to the same vile tactics as ISIS.

We can now let Jordan do that for us.

All we have to do is keep Jordan supplied and let them do the dirty work. If ISIS was expecting Jordan to keep the gloves on and follow restrictive ROEs, they are sadly mistaken.

I have no problem with that, since this should be a Middle-Eastern fight anyways.

I agree with you on this. It is a regional problem that should be handled by regional powers, and I won't have a problem supplying weapons to fight ISIS with.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Agreed. If Abdullah is indeed napalming or willie peteing the motherfuckers, good for him. Fuck em. ISIS has no place in this world any more than Hitler or any other despicable motherfucker that ever lived and killed thousands or millions.

So like LBJ and GWB ?

normiss

Or jebus?

I don't seem to recall Jesus napalming or WPing anyone.

He actually preached radical stuff like "love thy enemy" and "turn the other cheek."

However, many who claim to follow him seem to ignore those concepts and advocate for the aforementioned techniques.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ibx

Agreed. If Abdullah is indeed napalming or willie peteing the motherfuckers, good for him. Fuck em. ISIS has no place in this world any more than Hitler or any other despicable motherfucker that ever lived and killed thousands or millions.

So like LBJ and GWB ?

They didn't use this, did they? :|

You do know what it is and how the Nazi's used it, right? B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I agree with you on this. It is a regional problem that should be handled by regional powers, and I won't have a problem supplying weapons to fight ISIS with.

Though I am replying to this comment directly this applies to basically everyone that has commented on this thread...

DO YOU NOT CARE THAT THE VERY PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FIGHTING THESE PEOPLE, ARE ARMING AND TRAINING THEM?

How the hell can this be looked over and ignored?

Just because the media is not selling it this way as a whole, they have reported on this and they themselves, like you guys are not putting two and two together?

YOU people like MOST of the population are now the problem.

You actually seem to care about how your own opinion 'flys' with the majority than you do about the truth or justice.

Once The US, UK, Saudis, Jordanians... everybody tops arming these people, training these people and supporting these people to achieve their geopolitical objectives... then we will see these people stopped.

It is getting beyond the joke, read between the lines people, this is a repeat of the same tactic and (almost) everyone seems to fall for it every time.

Obama has admitted to arming Al Nusra (to topple Assad), Al Nusra has admitted to being an ally of ISIS (to topple Assad among other things).

Assad said NO to the Saudis (and others) building a pipeline through his country and yes to Iran (and others) doing so.

How much clearer does it need to be?

You and everyone wanting to go in guns blazing are the real problem now. The 'pandora's box' of ISIS existing and being armed is already open, how it is being sustained is the very problem that needs to be addressed directly and that does not include taking out Damascus under the pretense of anti terrorism and installing a puppet government. That is what 'they' want you to want.

This problem stops in Washington and Riyadh.

And starts with empowering Syria.

I fear it will not be Washington and Riyadh that does this but Russia and Iran etc... then the shit will hit the fan.

That is speculation but the fact that ISIS is a direct result of US foreign policy is not, that is unequivocal FACT!

So like LBJ and GWB ?

They didn't use this, did they? Unimpressed

You do know what it is and how the Nazi's used it, right? Pirate

Funny you say that.

I'll give you one guess which president/s father/grandfather owned the company that made and sold that gas to the Germans during WW2?

But I digress.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

kallend

***No it wasn't me. But the Obama did basically what I said. He didn't apologize, he just said Christians are equal to Isis.

So was he wrong?

More.

More.

this is the same thing you did in the other thread links to a bunch of racist atrocities

but I don't see anything in the links that speak to the religion of the perpetrators

I am an atheist and I know there have been a lot of evil things done in the name of (insert any god's name here) but as far as the links you posted I don't really see a religious relevance.

edited to fix a copy and paste
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

******No it wasn't me. But the Obama did basically what I said. He didn't apologize, he just said Christians are equal to Isis.

So was he wrong?

More.

More.

this is the same thing you did in the other thread links to a bunch of racist atrocities

but I don't see anything in the links that speak to the religion of the perpetrators

Oh get serious.

Just how many of those southern whites in the lynching days do you think were anything but Christians. Were Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas... hotbeds of Islam or Hinduism?

kallend

*********No it wasn't me. But the Obama did basically what I said. He didn't apologize, he just said Christians are equal to Isis.

So was he wrong?

More.

More.

Oh get serious.

Just how many of those southern whites in the lynching days do you think were anything but Christians. Were Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas... hotbeds of Islam or Hinduism?

Perhaps but nothing in your links claim the acts were done in the name of Christianity.

There were also a lot of lynchings, tar and featherings etc. because " we ain't gonna let them animals come take our jobs oand move into our neighborhoods"

I think it is quite different than the atrocities being committed in the name of a particular religion.

Just my opinion.

Rick

************No it wasn't me. But the Obama did basically what I said. He didn't apologize, he just said Christians are equal to Isis.

So was he wrong?

More.

More.

Oh get serious.

Perhaps but nothing in your links claim the acts were done in the name of Christianity.

There were also a lot of lynchings, tar and featherings etc. because " we ain't gonna let them animals come take our jobs oand move into our neighborhoods"

I think it is quite different than the atrocities being committed in the name of a particular religion.

Just my opinion.

The KKK recruited almost exclusively from white protestants.

Kelly J. Baker, Gospel According to the Klan: The KKK's Appeal to Protestant America, 1915-1930 (2011), p. 248.

kallend

The KKK recruited almost exclusively from white protestants.

Kelly J. Baker, Gospel According to the Klan: The KKK's Appeal to Protestant America, 1915-1930 (2011), p. 248.

And they hated Catholics, and used a burning cross in their meetings, and as a "calling card" for those they wanted to intimidate.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That is true and it was imported to the north by the southerners coming to work in the factories.

Bit it was not all about religion. The clan leaders played on peoples fear of the immigrant and the newly freed blacks taking away jobs the "real Americans" should have.