wmw999

Is Sharia worse than Halakah?

Some Muslims in the US submit themselves to more law than required by the state; it's called Sharia.

Some Jews in the US submit themselves to more law than required by the state; it's called Halakah.

There are varying degrees of observancy, all the way from fully integrated people, to self-isolated societies that don't even use the US court system unless absolutely required (google Kiryas Joel sometime :)
Yet somehow there are all kinds of objections to Sharia, and you never, ever, hear about objections to Halakah.

Yes, the preponderance of terrorists these days seem to come from the Middle East and Muslim Africa. 40 years ago, they came from Ireland and Germany.

So what makes them different, other than that one is "the evil Moozlim" and the other "the noble Jew."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Anvilbrother

How many people have been beheaded by jews operating under Halahkah this year?

there's a circumcision thread in Bonfire

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Personally, I believe that the laws that OUR country was founded on and whatever laws are on the books wherever you are in the United States of America takes precedence. No religious sect can impose religious law and punishment that violates constitutional law.

Wasn't there a case of some Amish elders getting arrested for assault or something by cutting the beards off of people in their community that didn't follow their rules?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

wmw999

Yet somehow there are all kinds of objections to Sharia, and you never, ever, hear about objections to Halakah.

I'm pretty sure that most Jews who don't want to submit to Halakah are not threatened with death. Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't heard of Jews being put to death for Apostasy.

I think this is the biggest issue for most people when it comes to Sharia Law, it's the taking away of peoples rights against their will in the name if religion.

I'm pretty sure that this is not in accordance with American values. There is a difference between willingly submitting to something and having something forced upon you.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

wmw999

Some Muslims in the US submit themselves to more law than required by the state; it's called Sharia.

Some Jews in the US submit themselves to more law than required by the state; it's called Halakah.

Not unlike, for example, the commonality of Catholics submitting to sub-group social pressure to seek ecumenical annulments as a means of "legitimizing" their divorce, or, conversely, the considerable pressure the clergy of the Catholic Church puts on their laity to force them to remain in broken marriages by often making annulments difficult, and in some cases, refusing them.

By further example, also see, generally, Christian Ecclesiastical Courts.

wmw999

There are varying degrees of observancy, all the way from fully integrated people, to self-isolated societies that don't even use the US court system unless absolutely required (google Kiryas Joel sometime :)

Yes, the preponderance of terrorists these days seem to come from the Middle East and Muslim Africa. 40 years ago, they came from Ireland and Germany.

So what makes them different, other than that one is "the evil Moozlim" and the other "the noble Jew."

Wendy P.

Why do you hate jews?

:o

;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Andy9o8

***If YOU had to make a choice, which would YOU, as a woman, want to live under?

See Post #3.

Hmmm
so you think they do that to women?

Intersting......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

Or stoned to death?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rehmwa

***How many people have been beheaded by jews operating under Halahkah this year?

there's a circumcision thread in Bonfire

If someone is considered a pecker head, this can be life threatening:)
Abraham Lincoln

muff528

*********If YOU had to make a choice, which would YOU, as a woman, want to live under?

See Post #3.

Hmmm
so you think they do that to women?

Intersting......

I'm not sure ...but I think you missed his point.

Intentionaly
Abraham Lincoln

Iago

*********How many people have been beheaded by jews operating under Halahkah this year?

Or stoned to death?

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/

:D

That's funny shit.

And to think, they died hungry.
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

None, but mohels sucking baby dicks with open wounds are giving herpes to children during their circumcision ritual and nobody is doing anything about it because of the sanctity of the dumb ass religion*.

* I think all religions are stupid and awful, I'm not specifically targeting the jews here. I was raised in a jewish family, though, so I've got a bit more experience-driven venom to deploy.
cavete terrae.

Well, the fun part of this it while the "Muslim Haters" scream that Sharia law is being put in place in the US, they conveniently ignore the fact that there are "Jewish Police" operating openly in NYC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/praise-scorn-hasidic-patrols-target-minorities-article-1.158630

They don't seem to be running around enforcing Halakah, but they do seem to be controversial.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I think the issue is one of submitting themselves. Obviously, kids have no choice. But if an adult wants out of Halaka they can get out.

Sharia has been different. If in an area where Sharia is the rule you must submit to it. Practitioners of Sharia advocate for its imposition on people. And if a 14 year old girl speaks out against it then she risks being assassinated.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

wolfriverjoe

Well, the fun part of this it while the "Muslim Haters" scream that Sharia law is being put in place in the US, they conveniently ignore the fact that there are "Jewish Police" operating openly in NYC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/praise-scorn-hasidic-patrols-target-minorities-article-1.158630

They don't seem to be running around enforcing Halakah, but they do seem to be controversial.

Sometimes neighborhood watch groups work well, but other times they go overboard (and unlawful) like this and should be reined back in. As I recall sometimes the Guardian Angels deserved (or at least received) similar criticism.

At least LEO agencies do psych screening to weed-out the wack jobs.
Yeah, right. Where's my sarcasm emoticon?

Andy9o8

***Well, the fun part of this it while the "Muslim Haters" scream that Sharia law is being put in place in the US, they conveniently ignore the fact that there are "Jewish Police" operating openly in NYC.

Sometimes neighborhood watch groups work well, but other times they go overboard (and unlawful) like this and should be reined back in. As I recall sometimes the Guardian Angels deserved (or at least received) similar criticism.

At least LEO agencies do psych screening to weed-out the wack jobs.
Yeah, right. Where's my sarcasm emoticon?

It's too early for that. Choked on my water :D
cavete terrae.

I don't think that would be an issue in the US, which is where Americans are objecting to the possibility of sharia.

Any self-isolated cult will have proponents who try to "save the children" (always think of the children :P) and prevent them from leaving. Or, as in the case of some Mormon groups, force the boys to leave so there are more girls for the elders.

My objection is to singling out specific groups, rather than identifying objectionable behavior.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

grue

***How many people have been beheaded by jews operating under Halahkah this year?

None, but mohels sucking baby dicks with open wounds are giving herpes to children during their circumcision ritual and nobody is doing anything about it because of the sanctity of the dumb ass religion*.

* I think all religions are stupid and awful, I'm not specifically targeting the jews here. I was raised in a jewish family, though, so I've got a bit more experience-driven venom to deploy.

this.. extreme religious ideologies. The belief of a higher being is not an issue with me rather than the ideologies that come along with certain beliefs that extremists of each religion have