mpohl

Toddler accidentally shoots and kills his mother in Idaho Wal-Mart

lawrocket

[Reply]Why does a 29-yr old need to carry a gun, on a weekday morning, on a family shopping trip to WM?

It's not about need. It's about exercising a right. No, she didn't need to have that weapon ith her any more than you needed to put your thoughts out on this forum.

Hypothetical: what if you found out that she was beaten and robbed while out shopping five years ago? Would it change any of your thoughts?

I think, this whole thing is a tragic 'accident'. Mom had a permit to carry that pistol. Her 2-yr. old child got into her purse and shot and killed her. A 2-yr. old child doesn't know what he's doing, he's too young. For someone to say the child did the right thing by killing his 'gun-toting' mother is nuts. To bring Nazi Germany into it is nuts. For crying out loud... accidents do happen. That little boy is going to have to live with that for the rest of his life, once he understands what happened. I don't understand the twisting of the situation to be something it's not. This is not a perfect world. Never was, never will be. We just do the best we can with what we have. In spite of that... things happens.

Chuck

I agree. The simple fact is she did not secure her weapon or keep it out of reach of her kid. That's it.

She could have concealed it in a holster on her body or put her purse on the bottom rack under the cart or in the cart directly under and behind the kid.

Questioning why she had the gun or needed it in the first place is just wrong. This is America. The laws are written the way they are. Gun owners must take the responsibility to keep their weapons reasonably secured.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I agree. The simple fact is she did not secure her weapon or keep it out of reach of her kid. That's it.

She could have concealed it in a holster on her body or put her purse on the bottom rack under the cart or in the cart directly under and behind the kid.

Questioning why she had the gun or needed it in the first place is just wrong. This is America. The laws are written the way they are. Gun owners must take the responsibility to keep their weapons reasonably secured.

Complacency! At some point in time, we are all guilty of it. I think it's easy to say, she was so used to carrying that pistol in her purse, she never gave it a second thought. Maybe even forgot it was there. Regardless, a tragic accident.

Chuck

jakee

When Germany can go for a century without committing genocide I'll start looking to it for moral leadership.

And where does the cutoff sit? Since the USA has gone about 100 to 150 years since genocide and slavery does it qualify?

Or maybe there's a better way of judging an argument on social philosophy than what someone's dead ancestors once did, hmm?

:D:D

whoosh
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As you always like to quote the second amendment, maybe now is time for you to read up on the first.

Just an idea.

BillyVance

Jesus Fucking Christ.... If you have that much of a problem with how things are here, you can just take your dumb ass back to Germany.

:S

mpohl

As you always like to quote the second amendment, maybe now is time for you to read up on the first.

Just an idea.

***Jesus Fucking Christ.... If you have that much of a problem with how things are here, you can just take your dumb ass back to Germany.

With that, one must also take responsibility for what they say. Seems like that part is over-looked.

Chuck

RMK

***Jesus Fucking Christ.... If you have that much of a problem with how things are here, you can just take your dumb ass back to Germany.

He didn't say he hates America. Just has a desire to not get shot while there. The possibility being shot shouldn't come into ones mind, while just out doing errands, shopping or having a coffee.

actually, that's NOT what he said. He said

Now, if just all toddlers would kill their gun-addicted parents, we'd have a better, less violent, society !!!

I don't feel sorry for the victim. Not one bit!!!

So yes, I would say he hates a large proportion of the American society...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

******Jesus Fucking Christ.... If you have that much of a problem with how things are here, you can just take your dumb ass back to Germany.

He didn't say he hates America. Just has a desire to not get shot while there. The possibility being shot shouldn't come into ones mind, while just out doing errands, shopping or having a coffee.

actually, that's NOT what he said. He said

Now, if just all toddlers would kill their gun-addicted parents, we'd have a better, less violent, society !!!

I don't feel sorry for the victim. Not one bit!!!

So yes, I would say he hates a large proportion of the American society...

Yeah well, everyone has their opinion, but come on, don't be a douchebag about it. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

mpohl

Just an idea.

There's a difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. Your opening statement would qualify as hate speech, wishing children to kill your so-called 'gun-addicts'.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

rushmc

When Germany can go for a century without committing genocide I'll start looking to it for moral leadership.

And where does the cutoff sit? Since the USA has gone about 100 to 150 years since genocide and slavery does it qualify?

Or maybe there's a better way of judging an argument on social philosophy than what someone's dead ancestors once did, hmm?

whoosh

LOL. What exactly do you think I missed?

It's worth remembering that you have just about the weakest grasp of written english of any regular contributor here, including most of the non-native speakers. If you don't get the relevance of someone's post, the likelihood that you've misunderstood something is far greater than the likelihood they have. Just think about that the next time you're about to break out your favourite word.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

skypuppy

There's a difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. Your opening statement would qualify as hate speech, wishing children to kill your so-called 'gun-addicts'.

You think that's not free speech? What penalty would you like to see attached to such statements? In what way do you think the government should crack down on it?

jakee

***There's a difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. Your opening statement would qualify as hate speech, wishing children to kill your so-called 'gun-addicts'.

You think that's not free speech? What penalty would you like to see attached to such statements? In what way do you think the government should crack down on it?

I believe, there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic speech or 'threats'.

Chuck

masterrig

******There's a difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. Your opening statement would qualify as hate speech, wishing children to kill your so-called 'gun-addicts'.

I believe, there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic speech or 'threats'.

And you think mpohl is inciting toddlers to kill their mothers? Right. So what should happen to him? Should the police be hunting him down? What penalty shoud he face?

jakee

*********There's a difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. Your opening statement would qualify as hate speech, wishing children to kill your so-called 'gun-addicts'.

And you think mpohl is inciting toddlers to kill their mothers? Right. So what should happen to him? Should the police be hunting him down? What penalty shoud he face?

Is that what I think? I only stated that 'I believe there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic threats'. As for punishment or enforcing those laws, local law enforcement and judges. What else?

Chuck

mpohl

With that kind of outlook on the world.
Please get some help. And I hope you never carry a gun.

SICK!

P.S.: You still owe me an answer: You think she died happily? Protecting our second amendment rights? Or do you think that by now, she'd only wished to have lived another day?

mpohl...

You need to just let this go. Your not doing yourself any favors. Don't be that guy

mpohl's words aren't "terroristic" nor are they threats. It's just shock-value ranting.

His (or Her? I forget if mpohl's sex has been established and the account has a blank profile) opinion on firearms hasn't changed at all in at least two years and my explanation about personal choices in that thread obviously had no effect.

I don't have anything more productive to say to someone who states axiomatically that no one besides military or law enforcement should have any type of firearm.

champu

mpohl's words aren't "terroristic" nor are they threats. It's just shock-value ranting.

His (or Her? I forget if mpohl's sex has been established and the account has a blank profile) opinion on firearms hasn't changed at all in at least two years and my explanation about personal choices in that thread obviously had no effect.

I don't have anything more productive to say to someone who states axiomatically that no one besides military or law enforcement should have any type of firearm.

I didn't say his statement was a 'terroristic threat'. I was responding to a statement in regard to the 1st. amendment and taking responsibility for what one said. Just to clarify.

Chuck

masterrig

Is that what I think? I only stated that 'I believe there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic threats'.

Well, is it?

If you don't think those laws apply to the statements made, why bring them up?

jakee

whoosh

LOL. What exactly do you think I missed?

It's worth remembering that you have just about the weakest grasp of written english of any regular contributor here, including most of the non-native speakers. If you don't get the relevance of someone's post, the likelihood that you've misunderstood something is far greater than the likelihood they have. Just think about that the next time you're about to break out your favourite word.

You made my day:D
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

***Is that what I think? I only stated that 'I believe there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic threats'.

Well, is it?

You might go back and re-read what was posted and maybe you won't twist what others say.

Chuck

masterrig

******Is that what I think? I only stated that 'I believe there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic threats'.

Well, is it?

You might go back and re-read what was posted and maybe you won't twist what others say.

Chuck

He's on a roll huh!:D
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********Is that what I think? I only stated that 'I believe there are laws in regard to inciteful or terroristic threats'.

Well, is it?

Chuck

He's on a roll huh!:D

:D:D:D Yup!

Chuck

Andy9o8

On this New Year's Eve, this has to be one of the dumbest-assed threads of the year. I hope it means you've all started drinking.

Have a Happy.

No. I am strongly considering after a long dry spell, returning to Mr. Daniel's after this.

Happy New Year, counsellor!

Chuck