mpohl

Toddler accidentally shoots and kills his mother in Idaho Wal-Mart

“There are no accidents,” Ms. Sandoval said. “There are simply irresponsible, stubborn, cowardly adults unwilling to stand up against the gun lobby and those who support it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all

mpohl

“There are no accidents,” Ms. Sandoval said. “There are simply irresponsible, stubborn, cowardly adults unwilling to stand up against the gun lobby and those who support it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all

Ah yes
the liberal mind set on display
Yep
Dont agree with a liberal then you are (see above)

One thing is for sure
I, for one, and willing to stand up to the likes of you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mpohl

As it is with anyone else, she is entitled to her opinion. Personally, I disagree.

Chuck

masterrig

***If you don't think those laws apply to the statements made, why bring them up?

You might go back and re-read what was posted and maybe you won't twist what others say.

I don't quite understand how asking you a question is twisting what you say.

If you don't think the laws you referred to apply to what skypuppy was talking about, why bring them up?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This just makes a perfect point that nobody should be allowed to carry guns! (Except military and very few police officers.)

So, here we have a well-educated woman. An avid gun lover/ fanatic who knows about all the necessary precautions relating to gun safety. Embedded in a family of outdoorsmen!

Yet, she still gets killed by her own gun.
If somebody w/ her experience/ background can't safely handle a gun. Neither can you or the next gun nut responding to this post!

I REST MY CASE!

rushmc

***Some background on the mother;
Not your typical Walmart shopper: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/31/idaho-nuclear-scientist-shot-dead-son-walmart

Hmmm
A 75 IQ?

champu

***On this New Year's Eve, this has to be one of the dumbest-assed threads of the year. I hope it means you've all started drinking.

Have a Happy.

It has been quite a terrible thread.

Like beating your head against a wall... feels so good when you stop.

Chuck

One thing I've noticed is a universal. Anyone against private ownership of firearms has never had to defend themselves with one.

Tell us, Mpohl, have you ever had to deal with civil disturbance? Riots? Violent neighbors in a bad neighborhood? Have you ever had to defend yourself against multiple attackers with a gun?

Short story:

Loud noise outside. Roommate and I step out to investigate. Walked straight into minor gang war on front doorstep. In this case, hispanic VS hispanic, opposing group attacking my neighbors. Neighbors outnumbered 2 to 1. Attacking group did not wait to see who was who and attacked us instantly the moment we opened the door and stepped out.

One guy ran at my roommate and punched him. At that moment a truck backed into our driveway with 8-10 more of the opposing team armed with shovels, chunks of wood, rocks and other junk. Now outnumbered more like 4 to 1, situation out of control in 5 seconds flat.

I ducked inside my apartment and came out with a 12-gauge fullsize hunting shotgun. Yelled "HEY!" and racked the slide to load it and get their attention.

That was the end of the incident. They ran... scattered like leaves falling over their own asses in a panic to get away.

From one man, with a shotgun. One man with a gun can face down ten men without one.

One thing... just one thing prevented a bunch of people from getting seriously hurt that night. The presence of a gun.

This was not a case of escalation of violence. The violence had already started. They were throwing chunks of concrete at my neighbors and had already tried to punch out my friend on sight.

I used the gun, for the reason we have that freedom. To STOP the violence, and stop it right now, before somebody gets hurt.

If I had not been free to own that gun, that incident would have ended very badly for all of us. These people meant to seriously fuck up my neighbors or they would not have shown up in large numbers with weapons.

I've also seen firsthand, what happens when nobody in the group is armed. Saw this one right in front of me in the street about 5 years later. They waited till the cops left, hunted down the kid they were after, put a knife into the kid's kidney and dumped his body in a ravine. I didn't find out if he lived.

But it's ok, he wasn't armed, so nobody got shot!

I'd rather take my chances being shot accidentally than the certainty of death or maiming if violence comes to my doorstep.

If you'd prefer to throw yourself on the mercy of whatever gang you may encounter, be my guest. I hope you like hospital food. IF they let you live.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

That's exactly the reason why toddlers don't get a drivers license.

And they lack the motor skills to insert the key, release the parking brake, engage the engine.

Your point?

Iago

Tragic accident. These things happen. Regardless of the amount and level of precautions that are taken, accidents will still happen.

Toddler gets over behind the wheel of the car, slips off the brake, car rolls downhill and runs over mom. Again, tragic accident. If this smart, educated woman who is an avid driver can't control her own car, no one should have a car except the police and the taxi drivers.

I consider myself a pretty rough and 'morbid' kinda guy. I have a sense of humor that doesn't really fit in, well, pretty much anyplace.

That having been said, I feel dirty and disgusted by what you are doing here.

Please do us a favor and shut the fuck up. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Sounds horrible.

I grew up in Europe, 25 yrs. Been living in the US for 25 yrs. Also, I travel extensively to third-world countries (mainly Latin America). Seen some pretty rough neighborhoods.

Just be careful wherever you reside.
Ciudad Juarez maybe?

lurch

One thing I've noticed is a universal. Anyone against private ownership of firearms has never had to defend themselves with one.

Tell us, Mpohl, have you ever had to deal with civil disturbance? Riots? Violent neighbors in a bad neighborhood? Have you ever had to defend yourself against multiple attackers with a gun?

Short story:

Loud noise outside. Roommate and I step out to investigate. Walked straight into minor gang war on front doorstep. In this case, hispanic VS hispanic, opposing group attacking my neighbors. Neighbors outnumbered 2 to 1. Attacking group did not wait to see who was who and attacked us instantly the moment we opened the door and stepped out.

One guy ran at my roommate and punched him. At that moment a truck backed into our driveway with 8-10 more of the opposing team armed with shovels, chunks of wood, rocks and other junk. Now outnumbered more like 4 to 1, situation out of control in 5 seconds flat.

I ducked inside my apartment and came out with a 12-gauge fullsize hunting shotgun. Yelled "HEY!" and racked the slide to load it and get their attention.

That was the end of the incident. They ran... scattered like leaves falling over their own asses in a panic to get away.

From one man, with a shotgun. One man with a gun can face down ten men without one.

One thing... just one thing prevented a bunch of people from getting seriously hurt that night. The presence of a gun.

This was not a case of escalation of violence. The violence had already started. They were throwing chunks of concrete at my neighbors and had already tried to punch out my friend on sight.

I used the gun, for the reason we have that freedom. To STOP the violence, and stop it right now, before somebody gets hurt.

If I had not been free to own that gun, that incident would have ended very badly for all of us. These people meant to seriously fuck up my neighbors or they would not have shown up in large numbers with weapons.

I've also seen firsthand, what happens when nobody in the group is armed. Saw this one right in front of me in the street about 5 years later. They waited till the cops left, hunted down the kid they were after, put a knife into the kid's kidney and dumped his body in a ravine. I didn't find out if he lived.

But it's ok, he wasn't armed, so nobody got shot!

I'd rather take my chances being shot accidentally than the certainty of death or maiming if violence comes to my doorstep.

If you'd prefer to throw yourself on the mercy of whatever gang you may encounter, be my guest. I hope you like hospital food. IF they let you live.
-B

Happy new year, to both those who are already there, and those still counting down

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And please, don't shoot your guns in the air as part of the celebration.

People get killed by those bullets raining back to earth.

But I assume that the NRA covers that subject. Right?

wmw999

Happy new year, to both those who are already there, and those still counting down

Wendy P.

With that kind of outlook on the world.
Please get some help. And I hope you never carry a gun.

SICK!

Jesus Christ I hope your just drunk posting because you are sounding like a mental patient right now that is having some kind of attack.

There are a thousand reasons and 1 reason for her to carry that gun. And the only one that matters its it was her fucking choice to carry it not you.

Google murder pictures, take a look at every dead person. Every result you see is a reason for anyone to carry a weapon, mace, asp, or taser. I think you live in your own protected little world you have built yourself, and are ignoring real life.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

mpohl

And please, don't shoot your guns in the air as part of the celebration.

We agree on something;
Imbeciles who think guns are a celebratory toy need a solid kick to the ass.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Strange that the whole world views the US as a basket case going from bad to worse.

Of course, the other 7.1 billion people must be wrong in their assessment of the roles of guns in a society. Not the, maybe, 50 million extremists in the US who hold outlandish views.

Get a bigger willy, or maybe grow some balls. That way you don't need to overcompensate with a gun.

http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbcusop/detail.html

Anvilbrother

With that kind of outlook on the world.
Please get some help. And I hope you never carry a gun.

SICK!

Jesus Christ I hope your just drunk posting because you are sounding like a mental patient right now that is having some kind of attack.

There are a thousand reasons and 1 reason for her to carry that gun. And the only one that matters its it was her fucking choice to carry it not you.

Google murder pictures, take a look at every dead person. Every result you see is a reason for anyone to carry a weapon, mace, asp, or taser. I think you live in your own protected little world you have built yourself, and are ignoring real life.

I think we don't agree.

So, the victim is dead!
And the imbecile gets a kick in the ass?

No guns, no victim.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/aug/24/how-dangerous-is-celebratory-gunfire

ryoder

***And please, don't shoot your guns in the air as part of the celebration.

We agree on something;
Imbeciles who think guns are a celebratory toy need a solid kick to the ass.

mpohl

I think we don't agree.

So, the victim is dead!
And the imbecile gets a kick in the ass?

No guns, no victim.

You made a statement, and I agreed to it as it was stated.
Now you want to change the statement after the fact?
Take your trolling and shove it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.