christelsabine

It's Open Season ...

Girl,

just let it rest.
You will never convince these all-American blowheads.

Reminds me of when I was hitch-hiking all across the US thirty years ago. Hung out w/ hobos, homeless, etc., at truck stops.

They didn't have a dime in their pocket or a roof over their head. But they all were eager to tell me, "I am an American."

I guess if there is nothing left in ones life, that is all there is...

christelsabine

***I laid out the differences. You choose to ignore them.

The differences you mentioned, they are as per your personal idea/impression/experience??

I do not see many differences, and what you call 'culture' has another word in my book: Guns.

If *you*'re on this side of the law or the other: Availability of guns makes the difference.

Since the EU opened so many borders, we have lots of own new problems to handle. Racism is not the big deal; many of immigrans are well educated, many are not and we have to take over that burden. We do not clear that with guns.

Southern countries of the EU take over thousands of immigrants coming by boat over the Mediterranian sea from Africa. They are not welcome, believe me. But nobody is taking a gun to solve the problems coming along with them.

Guns in the US and their easy availability - that's the difference ....

Hunting weapons and the weapons used in police and gangs are COMPLETELEY DIFFERENT! How many drive by 410 shotgunings have you heard of? Ever seen a gangster use an under over pheasant gun on the streets of Compton?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

christelsabine

Where is the connection to the easy access of every American idiot to weapons?

there is no connection

As most are not idiots
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You do know a homicide does not mean murder right?
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/youthviolence/stats_at-a_glance/hr_age-race.html

This one is very telling
http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/2013/07/22/youth_homicide_rates_by_race_in_the_us_106602.html

Additionally, in August 2012, the Wall Street Journal reported:

Homicide victims usually are killed by people of their own race and ethnicity. The pattern goes back at least a generation.

Bureau of Justice Statistics data show that from 1976 to 2005, white victims were killed by white defendants 86% of the time and black victims were killed by blacks 94% of the time.

So President Obama was completely correct in indicating that violent crime is a particular problem among black youths in America.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Iago

***Can anyone offer a rational explanation for why the EU and Japan, with combined populations exceeding that of the US, have so few cases of cops killing civilians? And remember that (1) many EU countries have large minority populations too, and (2) are far more "progressive" than the US, so those cannot be the explanation.

That's a very good question.

We didn't have this problem up until say ten years ago (in my recollection.)

I can theorize that it is two-fold:

1- increase in the number of combat vets that are either returning to LEO service after deployment or entering LEO service post-discharge.

2- shift in training of LEOs post-911 that everything that could POSSIBLY be threat should be shot.

This is possibly both a result and a symptom of the shift of 'law enforcement' to a quasi-military organization geared towards urban combat and unrest.

As someone pointed out in another thread, I believe there was also a shift in LEO responses after Columbine, where protocol was to essentially barricade the place until you had enuf people to go in overwhelming force, but ended up with a lot more dead civilians by the time the perps were taken out. Now it's much more likely to be cops racing in looking to take out the target. And with much better equipment to do that with.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

The amount of blindness and complete disregard of the truth here is mind boggling. Do not break the law and your chances of ending up being shot by a cop are next to 0. Will there ever be an accidental shooting yep but if your not breaking the law or with someone breaking the law that chance is seriously reduced and you have zero chance of getting killed by a cop in any other manner. Before the professor says something totally off point you can end up dead by a cop just minded your own business while they are pursuing a law breaker so no the chance of being zero isn't really zero

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Anvilbrother

Hunting weapons and the weapons used in police and gangs are COMPLETELEY DIFFERENT! How many drive by 410 shotgunings have you heard of? Ever seen a gangster use an under over pheasant gun on the streets of Compton?

Ever taken a firearm out to a range and popped off some rounds?

I just replied to your above question.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Iago

Ever taken a firearm out to a range and popped off some rounds?

It's wicked fun!

I know. I am hunting in Germany, Europe, Central and South Africa since more than 20 yrs.

Enlighten us.

How easy (or hard) is it to purchase a firearm in Germany?

It's not easy. Google is your friend.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

rushmc

there is no connection

As most are not idiots

But half of all Americans have IQ < 100.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

there is no connection

As most are not idiots

For someone who is so heavily a part of the education system why do you suppose that is the case and what are you doing to change it? Or is it your contention that you can't fix stupid?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

there is no connection

As most are not idiots

For someone who is so heavily a part of the education system why do you suppose that is the case and what are you doing to change it? Or is it your contention that you can't fix stupid?

Whoosh...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

catfishhunter

The amount of blindness and complete disregard of the truth here is mind boggling. Do not break the law and your chances of ending up being shot by a cop are next to 0. Will there ever be an accidental shooting yep but if your not breaking the law or with someone breaking the law that chance is seriously reduced and you have zero chance of getting killed by a cop in any other manner. Before the professor says something totally off point you can end up dead by a cop just minded your own business while they are pursuing a law breaker so no the chance of being zero isn't really zero

Not really.
There's a ton of stories about people who weren't breaking any laws being shot by the cops.
Aiello in New York, the old guy digging through his car in Florida, even the kid in Cleveland.
Playing with a toy gun isn't illegal. Pointing it at people isn't necessarily illegal. He didn't point it at the cop, he just didn't put his hands up when the cop told him to. He may well have been trying to throw it away. We'll never know.

The "Run toward the sound of the guns" mentality so prevalent among the cops these days is a big part of the problem.
While it might* be necessary for "active shooter" situations, it is totally inappropriate for almost everything else.

* I say might because I don't know of any "active shooter" situations that the cops have stopped, except maybe Ft hood, but that was MPs, not civilian cops.
At Columbine, injured people ended up dying because nobody was willing to enter the school. Harris & Klebold had already committed suicide by the time the cops arrived.
Cho (Virginia Tech) committed suicide before the cops arrived.
Lanza (Sandy Hook) did too.
Holmes (Colorado) had stopped shooting and was trying to sneak out in the confusion.
Loughner was captured by bystanders when he stopped to reload (incidentally, an armed civilian was approaching the scene and would have engaged Loughner had the others not grabbed him).
Hasan (Ft Hood) was captured by military police. But they were in the vicinity when the shooting started. And one was shot and seriously wounded in the exchange of gunfire.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

there is no connection

As most are not idiots

Whoosh...

No whoosh at all
those you identified (those with the below 100 IQ) voted for and support Obama
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

there is no connection

As most are not idiots

Whoosh...

I thought you'd figure IQ and education are mutually exclusive. Ummm...you'd be wrong.

Flynn Effect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect#Schooling_and_test_familiarity
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne