skycop

"Militarization" of the police

Anvilbrother

This is why cops have to be alert and ready for anything on duty.

Pennsylvania State Police are searching for a suspect or suspects after two troopers were ambushed outside a police barracks in Blooming Grove, Pa

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/13/pennsylvania-police-barracks-shooting/15574705/

And, of course, civilians don't have to be alert or ready for anything. Just the police. Civilians don't get ambushed, attacked or shot. Especially not by constables and never in Pennsyvania.. [Url]http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pa-Constable-Shoots-Fleeing-Suspect-267490701.html[/url]

Note that the DA was nice enough to point out that the bitch was asking for it guy was asking for it by not entering a payment plan. Good to know.

Tell some woman who is being stalked but is not allowed to have a weapon to protect herself about how cops have all these things to protect themselves.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yes,
That happened back in the day when the police had revolvers, wore double knit polyester, and they did things the old way with shields, sticks, slapjacks, remember those were the good old days many keep referring too.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

That's bad,
Elected Constables are an accident waiting to happen many times. I've had some of them do stupid stuff, some of these guys make a decent amount of money serving papers.

The bad thing is many times they have little or no training.
In some states it's an elected position and requires no training. if they can get elected. post a surety bond, and buy there own equipment, they can go out and have at.

skycop

....and making a WAG on issues you know absolutely nothing about or have no first hand knowledge of....... apparently.

But if it's on the internet, it's gotta be true.

In Animal Farm America.. some of you.... are just more equal than all the other animals. The ability to kill the other animals with little or no repercussions is a travesty that will be resolved one day..

skycop

....and making a WAG on issues you know absolutely nothing about or have no first hand knowledge of....... apparently.

But if it's on the internet, it's gotta be true.

Lame attempt at a whitewash.

It predated internet news.

It happened.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You made very good use of an assumption, thought you edumacated guys didn't do that...........

I was speaking to the shooting kids with their hands up comment.......your legs ever get tired from jumping to conclusions?

I'm quite familiar with the whole MOVE incident.........
Good thing that wasn't a military surplus helicopter, that would have been militarization, besides the dropping a bomb from the sky thing..........

Amazon

Fortunately most cops I know don't have that problem. They mostly still get home safe.

Have you ever met a cop that patrols the Little Cuba? Overtown? Winchester Ave./60th St in Chicago? Detroit at Mount Elliott St./Palmer Ave.? State St./Garfield Blvd. in Chicago? Or maybe Cincinnati, Ohio Central Pky./Liberty St.
where you have stats like "Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000): 266.94" and " Chances of Becoming a Victim Here (in one year): 1 in 4"

walk that beat with the cops you know, for a month, and then come back and let us know how that went.

Gee.. that sounds a lot like a scary brown and black people post Clint.. was that your intent???

Why would you say that?

I did a search for most dangerous neighborhoods . . . is google racist now?

Go read the articles.. and see if your question finds the scary answers you are after.

What articles? I asked for data and fact. Articles are opinion. Is that where you get all your information? Articles?

You did the search.... I am sure your google foo brought back plenty of links for you to follow. Were any of them racist sites??? why not run along and look see and get back to us since it seems of great import to you.

Yes, because a RealEstate site is just that.

Open mouth instet foot Amazon.

Oh and here is a report from MSN money . . .

Patterns in the violence
What comes to mind when you picture America's most violent neighborhood? A high-rise tenement building, a Cabrini-Green-style slum rife with drug dealers and thugs? A new study by NeighborhoodScout.com shows that's not the case at all.

In 2013, the country's most violent neighborhoods generally contain single-family homes or small apartment units. Many buildings are abandoned. The residents are poor, and often in single-parent households.

It was a pattern that came up repeatedly when NeighborhoodScout, a real-estate neighborhood search website, decided to survey the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America. Using dozens of computer models, the team behind NeighborhoodScout analyzed FBI data from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies to find the specific neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted rates of violent crime.

They say all real estate is local, and NeighborhoodScout drilled down deep into cities and towns to find the specific census tract areas -- sometimes just a scattering of blocks -- that had the highest rates of homicide, forcible rape, armed robbery and aggravated assault.

The results will surprise you. And they can be important to follow, because your home is an investment -- perhaps the biggest one your family will ever make. A crime surge, even a few miles away across town, could hurt the value of that nest egg you've so carefully tended to.

Curiously, New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and other large cities are missing from NeighorhoodScout's list. In fact, the entire western half of the country doesn't show up at all. But neighborhoods in seemingly benign Tulsa, Okla., and Spartanburg, S.C., make an appearance.

The lesson here is not to stereotype a whole city, says Andrew Schiller of NeighborhoodScout. "There is more variation in crime within most cities than between cities," he tells MSN Money. "The picture of the most violent neighborhoods in America is a changing one." NeighborhoodScout asked us to link to its disclaimer here.

Read on to see the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America.

Bet you won't say its biased . . .:S

Only a true race baiter can find racism where none exists.

So you choose to agree with those worst neighborhoods.. you are the one that posted it.. and WHAT pray tell is the common factor.....HMMMMMMMM.. since you believe that is why they are bad neighborhoods.

I looked at the fact that they were touted as the most DANGEROUS neighborhoods . . . not worst. I have no idea what the demographics are there. What is it that you are trying to say?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Fortunately most cops I know don't have that problem. They mostly still get home safe.

Have you ever met a cop that patrols the Little Cuba? Overtown? Winchester Ave./60th St in Chicago? Detroit at Mount Elliott St./Palmer Ave.? State St./Garfield Blvd. in Chicago? Or maybe Cincinnati, Ohio Central Pky./Liberty St.
where you have stats like "Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000): 266.94" and " Chances of Becoming a Victim Here (in one year): 1 in 4"

walk that beat with the cops you know, for a month, and then come back and let us know how that went.

Gee.. that sounds a lot like a scary brown and black people post Clint.. was that your intent???

Why would you say that?

Go read the articles.. and see if your question finds the scary answers you are after.

What articles? I asked for data and fact. Articles are opinion. Is that where you get all your information? Articles?

You did the search.... I am sure your google foo brought back plenty of links for you to follow. Were any of them racist sites??? why not run along and look see and get back to us since it seems of great import to you.

Patterns in the violence
What comes to mind when you picture America's most violent neighborhood? A high-rise tenement building, a Cabrini-Green-style slum rife with drug dealers and thugs? A new study by NeighborhoodScout.com shows that's not the case at all.

In 2013, the country's most violent neighborhoods generally contain single-family homes or small apartment units. Many buildings are abandoned. The residents are poor, and often in single-parent households.

It was a pattern that came up repeatedly when NeighborhoodScout, a real-estate neighborhood search website, decided to survey the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America. Using dozens of computer models, the team behind NeighborhoodScout analyzed FBI data from 17,000 local law enforcement agencies to find the specific neighborhoods in America with the highest predicted rates of violent crime.

They say all real estate is local, and NeighborhoodScout drilled down deep into cities and towns to find the specific census tract areas -- sometimes just a scattering of blocks -- that had the highest rates of homicide, forcible rape, armed robbery and aggravated assault.

The results will surprise you. And they can be important to follow, because your home is an investment -- perhaps the biggest one your family will ever make. A crime surge, even a few miles away across town, could hurt the value of that nest egg you've so carefully tended to.

Curiously, New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and other large cities are missing from NeighorhoodScout's list. In fact, the entire western half of the country doesn't show up at all. But neighborhoods in seemingly benign Tulsa, Okla., and Spartanburg, S.C., make an appearance.

The lesson here is not to stereotype a whole city, says Andrew Schiller of NeighborhoodScout. "There is more variation in crime within most cities than between cities," he tells MSN Money. "The picture of the most violent neighborhoods in America is a changing one." NeighborhoodScout asked us to link to its disclaimer here.

So you choose to agree with those worst neighborhoods.. you are the one that posted it.. and WHAT pray tell is the common factor.....HMMMMMMMM.. since you believe that is why they are bad neighborhoods.

I looked at the fact that they were touted as the most DANGEROUS neighborhoods . . . not worst. I have no idea what the demographics are there. What is it that you are trying to say?

I am pretty sure we all knew just what you meant Clint... My that is a mighty nice bike you are trying to backpedal on there.

Amazon

Why would you say that?

Patterns in the violence

I am pretty sure we all knew just what you meant Clint... My that is a mighty nice bike you are trying to backpedal on there.

Yep - they are well aware that I looked up "most dangerous neighborhoods."

It seems to me that you are struggling VERY hard to paint me as a racist.
Is that so?
Can you actually admit it?

well anyway - think what you want . . . it does nothing.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Amazon

Do you think Racism has any component in the "militarization" of the police.

Have you ever been pulled over from driving green???

I think danger& violence are the key factors.

skydiver30960

"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog that intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours. Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land."

And again, I think that's the worst fucking viewpoint for a policeman to believe in, or to see himself in that role.

The primary role of a sheepdog is not to protect the flock from wolves, it is to herd and control the sheep.People are not sheep, and any cop who thinks he's a sheepdog is probably an ego tripping control freak. Not a good person to possess a uniform and a gun.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

you kind of missed my point - He bashes the US because we have the ability and freedom to have any dialogue. I find that idiotic

If you don't know the difference between what is being said and the ability to say it, who's the idiot?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Pennsylvania State Police are searching for a suspect or suspects after two troopers were ambushed outside a police barracks in Blooming Grove, Pa

Do you see anyone on the record here supporting the action of the suspects?
People get shot at every day. You trying to say the cops are special? The PA certainly did not merit someone shooting at them but these days ALL of us have to be on guard. It's a dangerous world out there. The victims of the DC sniper weren't cops; they were just ordinary citizens.

Let's have some BALANCE Puhhhleaze!

School districts are now getting MRAPs

Well don't ya think it's about high time we showed those 8 year olds with career criminal tendnecies just who the hell is boss!

Looks like the PD's and the School Districts are using the Barney Fife Playbook!

"Ya gotta nip it in the bud Andy! Nip it in the bud!

P.S.
My wife is a hell of a lot hotter than your wife!

normiss

When you have to tackle a tiny 13 year old girl with 3 cops to take away her cell phone, you just might need armament.
:S[:/]>:(

But guns don't kill people. Tiny 9 y/o girls in pink pants kill people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jakee

"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog that intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours. Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land."

And again, I think that's the worst fucking viewpoint for a policeman to believe in, or to see himself in that role.

The primary role of a sheepdog is not to protect the flock from wolves, it is to herd and control the sheep.People are not sheep, and any cop who thinks he's a sheepdog is probably an ego tripping control freak. Not a good person to possess a uniform and a gun.

+1

Ours are now no longer protecting people but are one of the groups who are charged with FLEECING the flock... with ego tripping control freaks who get off on it whilst doing so..

Police department in my city recently got a "free" MRAPs vehicle. To replace the other assault vehicle they had. That they brought out 1-2 times a year. We gave that one to the city down the street. neither one have any significant crime and the idea that the police need this kind of vehicle is ludicrous. Lowers my already low opinion of the local police:

http://www.oldsouthhigh.com/2014/08/25/the-hpd-wants-to-accessorize-its-new-military-surplus-mrap-with-a-battering-ram-and-other-stuff/
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"