aphid

Patriot Guard riders

Thanks for the classy course correction. And, thank you for your service.

Sierra Tango, GA/PGR
Former West FL Ride Captain
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

futuredivot

Aw heck, just let me know the state and I'll let you know when I'll be around.

I'll PM you my adrress.

I think that the thing you haven't noticed here is that you're proving yourself to be one of two things - a frustrated keyboard warrior who tries to intimidate people by making threats you'd never follow through on, or a violent thug with an anger management problem.

Do you think that either one of those is a good thing?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Aw heck, just let me know the state and I'll let you know when I'll be around.

I'll PM you my adrress.

I think that the thing you haven't noticed here is that you're proving yourself to be one of two things - a frustrated keyboard warrior who tries to intimidate people by making threats you'd never follow through on, or a violent thug with an anger management problem.

Do you think that either one of those is a good thing?

No, he's just calling you out.

Don't read al that much into it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know what Turtle? I think I'm going to read exactly this much "If you choose to use the purposefully inflammatory phrasing and tone skinnay selected, you can expect me to become inflamed and do my dead level best to hospitalize you. " into it, because that's where the conversation started.

But hey, if you a) don't think hospitalising someone for being moderately disparaging towards the armed forces is the behaviour of a violent thug and b) think he would follow through on that threat and isn't just an internet blowhard then you're welcome to your own opinion. I just disagree on both counts.

Oh for cryin' out loud, you are in England and he is in America. You are not worth the airfare. Go have a spot of tea and a crumpet. :)

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Yeah, sure, but Skinnay's in America as well isn't he? But Divot isn't going to do anything about that either because he's just talking shit trying to make himself sound big which is, ironically, what he was whining about other people doing.

And I honestly do have a cup of tea and a muffin in front of me right now. Life is good:P

jakee

Yeah, sure, but Skinnay's in America as well isn't he? But Divot isn't going to do anything about that either because he's just talking shit trying to make himself sound big which is, ironically, what he was whining about other people doing.

And I honestly do have a cup of tea and a muffin in front of me right now. Life is good:P

Are there any silly hats involved??:ph34r:

jakee

You know what Turtle? I think I'm going to read exactly this much "If you choose to use the purposefully inflammatory phrasing and tone skinnay selected, you can expect me to become inflamed and do my dead level best to hospitalize you. " into it, because that's where the conversation started.

But hey, if you a) don't think hospitalising someone for being moderately disparaging towards the armed forces is the behaviour of a violent thug and b) think he would follow through on that threat and isn't just an internet blowhard then you're welcome to your own opinion. I just disagree on both counts.

If you ever served, and then been on the receiving end, you MIGHT understand his statement.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Don't lose sight of the fact that the internet provides a socially acceptable venue for anger expression. This whole thread gained life because sexually confused individual felt justified in making a very negative remark regarding a very honorable organization.

Temper to some might be venting to others. In this post-modern "It's all relative" world we live in I'm surprised you've not picked up on that

Temper or should I say venting is a legitimate form of human behavior. Consider, nature. If you got to Lassen Volcanic National Parks or Volcanoes Nation Park on the big island of Hawaii, there are many vents...vents to relieve the subterranean pressure. Without pressure relief, an explosion is likely much like Mount Saint Helens back in 1981 and we all know what happened there.

And please, don't confuse venting with acting out. Nothing illegal in venting, how it's acted upon is another matter.

turtlespeed

***You know what Turtle? I think I'm going to read exactly this much "If you choose to use the purposefully inflammatory phrasing and tone skinnay selected, you can expect me to become inflamed and do my dead level best to hospitalize you. " into it, because that's where the conversation started.

If you ever served, and then been on the receiving end, you MIGHT understand his statement.

Or there could be cultures where being a soldier isn't as glorified as the US has made it.

(need the cannon fodder to keep the "defense" industry alive)

Glory upon those who serve their patriotic duty and fight for their country. Death while fighting for freedom is glorious.

SkyDekker

******You know what Turtle? I think I'm going to read exactly this much "If you choose to use the purposefully inflammatory phrasing and tone skinnay selected, you can expect me to become inflamed and do my dead level best to hospitalize you. " into it, because that's where the conversation started.

Or there could be cultures where being a soldier isn't as glorified as the US has made it.

(need the cannon fodder to keep the "defense" industry alive)

Glory upon those who serve their patriotic duty and fight for their country. Death while fighting for freedom is glorious.

I dare you to have this discussion with Price Harry.

As a long time FL resident, I keep thinking about a saying down there.

"If it weren't for their tourist dollars there'd be a bounty on Canadians." :D;)

SkyDekker

I find it more interesting that most don't see the similarities with a group you hate.

What group are you assuming I hate?

SkyDekker

******I find it more interesting that most don't see the similarities with a group you hate.

What group are you assuming I hate?

Muslims who glorify those fighting and dying for their cause, fighting their "holy" war.

I don't hate them. Do you?

I will, however, help them die as fast as I am able if they threaten me and mine, and even you.

Which seems logical to me. If you try to kill me or the ones I care about, because of beliefs you have in God, I will help you die as fast as I can.

Or would you rather that we let them kill you and others?

SkyDekker

Or would you rather that we let them kill you and others

What a fine example of fear mongering, which you so object to in another thread.

We let? I think that choice of words is pretty telling.

Its a simple question. Relative to this discussion, why won't you answer it?