CornishChris

If Britain Won...

Ahh, the poor N. Americans, they'll never know how good life could of been.
No hand guns, severe restrictions on rifles but shotguns being a right (for use against those pesky
Catholics) a broken down NHS and some poncy family lording it over every one.

Those poor N. Americans

Gone fishing

Reminds me - next month is the 200th anniversary of the British sacking and burning the Capitol and White House in Washington DC.

Some people have suggested that a re-enactment might be in order... by Americans this time.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

CornishChris

As if they actually gave a crap at the time to begin with. Sure, the Brits were mildly annoyed enough to send over some "Prussians" (whatever the fuck they are), but it's not like they themselves were bothered enough to make the trip.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

As if they actually gave a crap at the time to begin with. Sure, the Brits were mildly annoyed enough to send over some "Prussians" (whatever the fuck they are), but it's not like they themselves were bothered enough to make the trip.

Hessians dear

And it is also well to remember the succession of George of the House of Hanover to the English throne after Queen Anne died in the 18th century.

Amazon

Hessians dear

And it is also well to remember the succession of George of the House of Hanover to the English throne after Queen Anne died in the 18th century.

I liked the grenadiers.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boomerdog

If Britain had won...

We'd be drinking warm beer!

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you'd be drinking beer that doesn't taste so bad you have numb your tongue by freezing it first.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

No, you'd be drinking beer that doesn't taste so bad you have numb your tongue by freezing it first.

Haha.. There are some great craft beers in the 'States if you're willing to look for them. My fave commonly-available one is Blue Moon. Very citrusy. Yum. :)

Agreed - was pleasantly surprised to find the general standard and availability of good beers in the US has massively improved on my last visit to Atlanta.

Coffee - not so much. (But then to be honest, London is still pretty average as well)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

Coffee - not so much. (But then to be honest, London is still pretty average as well)

You get spoiled for coffee in Oz though. Very expensive now (or maybe that's just the exchange rate :$) but damn you guys do it right. The home of the flat white I believe (?)

Edited to add: Oh dear. You're from NZ (but BPA licence so you're from the UK??) sorry. Hope I didn't offend you :P;)

adamUK

***No, you'd be drinking beer that doesn't taste so bad you have numb your tongue by freezing it first.

Haha.. There are some great craft beers in the 'States if you're willing to look for them. My fave commonly-available one is Blue Moon. Very citrusy. Yum. :)
Blue moon is not craft beer. It's made by Coors.
Remster

I love the Anglo-American banter!

Theres not much i envy about our cousins "across the pond", but the weather and the respect for your military is far better than the UK's.

How ever you guys serve the worst tea, its like you get it straight from the harbor still?
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

andym148

How ever you guys serve the worst tea, its like you get it straight from the harbor still?

Fish 'n Chips in the US is fairly uniformly awful too (there are a few exceptions).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.