skinnay

God fails to protect own priest in church

normiss

I've seen the way their god "blesses".
I prefer to not be, thank you .
:P

A couple of my coworkers now say "whatever!" when I sneeze.
:D:D:D

I just go with a well deserved "damn you"..... friggin people blowing chunks all over the room trying to share that shit with everybody else....

But I can expect to be happy :)

It would be my hope that you could be happy for more than just your time here on earth. I know you don't believe there is more than this present "happiness" but I do and I am truly sad for you that if I am right and you are wrong that your happiness ends here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

people in a perfect world, make the system breakdown.

We need strife to keep the status quo.

As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly ninety-nine percent of the test subjects accepted the program provided they were given a choice - even if they were only aware of it at a near-unconscious level. While this solution worked, it was fundamentally flawed, creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that, if left unchecked, might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those who refused the program, while a minority, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Be ye not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting; Galatians 6:7-8

Call it what you want, it's an actual bible verse.

Watch and pray for those less fortunate. Check on your neighbor and the elderly in the cold, wintry weather. Love and care for one another. The lord will bless you in your effort. Remember, you cannot outgive God. He is the giver of all good things
What part of this concept can you not actually believe in?? I know, I'm spinning my wheels with all of you non-christians, and non-believers. How ever, there's a place in eternity prepared just for you. I understand Hitler, Stalin etc...are there right now.

rwieder

Be ye not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting; Galatians 6:7-8

Watch and pray for those less fortunate. Check on your neighbor and the elderly in the cold, wintry weather. Love and care for one another. The lord will bless you in your effort. Remember, you cannot outgive God. He is the giver of all good things
What part of this concept can you not actually believe in?? I know, I'm spinning my wheels with all of you non-christians, and non-believers. How ever, there's a place in eternity prepared just for you. I understand Hitler, Stalin etc...are there right now.

There is, of course, not one iota, not one single shred, of evidence to support your beliefs, and a lot of evidence that much of the bible is complete BS.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In fact, there's no statistical difference in the death rate of any religious group. You would think with all that time jacking off to bibles people would be slightly more likely to live. Yet God still strikes those suckers down like everyone else :)

You proved your point, you can now strike down that lame straw-man argument. We all suffer & die, so what. It is what we do with the life we are given that matters. Only the angry will buy your gospel, otherwise you have nothing of value to offer.

rwieder

***Be ye not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting; Galatians 6:7-8

Nobody disputes that it's there. The Bronze Age people who wrote those verses very conveniently ascribe super-powers to God, when it suits their purpose, and then ascribe very human, non-deific fallabilities to God when they need to do so to keep people in line - like anger, or jealousy, or offense-taking at petty insults, etc. As it's always been: those who write the rules do so to suit their own self-serving agenda first and foremost.

Watch and pray for those less fortunate. Check on your neighbor and the elderly in the cold, wintry weather. Love and care for one another.

Seems like and excellent moral code so far; almost certainly one that existed in human civilizations all over the world for thousands of years before the advent of monotheism in what we now call the Middle East.

The lord will bless you in your effort. Remember, you cannot outgive God. He is the giver of all good things What part of this concept can you not actually believe in??

For many people, it's the part that presumes to necessarily link beneficial human ethics to a deity or deities.

I know, I'm spinning my wheels with all of you non-christians, and non-believers. How ever, there's a place in eternity prepared just for you. I understand Hitler, Stalin etc...are there right now.

You are now clearly telling your fellow DZ.commers reading this thread who are either non-Christians or non-theists that, by default, they're going to Hell and occupy the same standing as Hitler and Stalin. You're oblivious to how ridiculous you make yourself sound. More to the point: it's very sociopathic.

Thunderbow

But I can expect to be happy :)

It would be my hope that you could be happy for more than just your time here on earth. I know you don't believe there is more than this present "happiness" but I do and I am truly sad for you that if I am right and you are wrong that your happiness ends here.

That's cool. If I'm right and you're wrong it stops there as well.

But if the bald guy in the orange robes that hangs around the town centre sometimes is right then it doesn't stop there.

And if the angry beardy people are right then it stops for you as well. Are you worried?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The lord will bless you in your effort. Remember, you cannot outgive God. He is the giver of all good things
What part of this concept can you not actually believe in??

Part?:|

:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

skinnay

Looks like God doesn't care enough to protect his own people. This guy sure works in mysterious ways

Sad story for sure. The good news is that your statement acknowledges the existence of God. Sooooo...I humbly encourage you to read the 55th Chapter of Isaiah and pay close attention to verses 8-11.

Perhaps there's a greater good God sees and knows that you, I or anyone else does not see or know.

Why would I read that crap? If God can't even protect his people, why would I waste my time?

In fact, there's no statistical difference in the death rate of any religious group. You would think with all that time jacking off to bibles people would be slightly more likely to live. Yet God still strikes those suckers down like everyone else :)
Actually he just can't protect you specifically. He has too much fun watching make a fool of yourself over and over again.

rwieder

You're oblivious to how ridiculous you make yourself sound. More to the point: it's very sociopathic.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And ALL LAWYERS are THEIVES and LIARS...RIGHT?
Least that's the rumor.

And all priests are pedophiles . . . right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

rwieder

And all priests are pedophiles . . . right?

Wouldn't know, I'm Lutheran.

All Lutherans speak in tongues.

Naw, that's the Assy. Of God Churches. How ever, and I don't want to quote, it is biblical to speak in tongues. Even though I'm Lutheran, we don't practice it, I have been to Assy. Of God churches, I have witnessed it and I am convinced it is a gift from the Holy Spirit.

rwieder

Naw, that's the Assy. Of God Churches. How ever, and I don't want to quote, it is biblical to speak in tongues. Even though I'm Lutheran, we don't practice it, I have been to Assy. Of God churches, I have witnessed it and I am convinced it is a gift from the Holy Spirit.

I THINK you are either completely missing the point, or as obtuse as an 189.999999999999999999999999999 angle.

I THINK you are either completely missing the point, or as obtuse as an 189.999999999999999999999999999 angle.

I'm starting to think YOU don't think b/f you let chunks of nothing spew forth from your mouth. I've been cool so far. Let's not push it. Whadduya say? It is not my intention to get into a urination contest with you, nor is it my objective to trade barbs with you. It's obvious your the one who ain't gettin' it here, not me. Your just PO's b/c I'm a believer and your not....right??? Well I'm NOT going to let YOU bring me down. S...GLY!