skinnay

God fails to protect own priest in church

DanG

The question is not who has the most evidence but rather what is stopping you from choosing a better life?

I assume you think it just can't get any better.

Condescend much?

My life is awesome. I really, really don't need any help with it. If your life sucked and Jesus helped you make it better, good for you. Just don't assume that everyone else's life sucks just because yours used to.

I don't. I just want you to remember what I have shared with you when you experience your crisis in life. Everybody experiences crisis at some point. You just have not had yours yet.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

All I am saying is that I have experienced a new life, a more abundant life since I met Jesus...

The question is not who has the most evidence but rather what is stopping you from choosing a better life?

Yeah but Ron, you were a drug addicted fuck-up before you met Jesus. When you set your baseline so low then any normal life is going to seem pretty amazing. You have no idea what anyone else's baseline is or how amazing their lives are without Jesus.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Rejected???
Funny.

I don't believe in ghosts and you call it rejection.
I don't believe fantasy created by men thousands of years ago with no understanding of science nor fact, and it's rejection.

Come on Ron, you're smarter than that.

RonD1120

see my post #76 above.

FTR, I was a fucked up alcoholic not drug addict.

Not Fucked up - He said you are a Fuck Up!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah but Ron, you were a drug addicted fuck-up before you met Jesus.

If this isn't proof of the very existance and Love of Jesus Christ, I don't know what is.

When you set your baseline so low then any normal life is going to seem pretty amazing. You have no idea what anyone else's baseline is or how amazing their lives are without Jesus.

This is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard. WOW! Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as the triune god? I've personally seen the results of people's lives changed in a way, (which at the time I didn't even understand) which was literally unbelievable. It wasn't untilI surrendered myself that I finally did understand the power that the spirit has. Here's the good thing, everybody is invited. I quite understand that this is a personal, and private "area" if you will, and I respect everyone's own beliefs. However part of Jesus's last words to his deciples was "Go, and be fisher's of men" I don't think that needs any translation.
Responses are welcome, however, PA's will not be responded to. Respectfully...:)

RonD1120

see my post #76 above.

And in some other part of the country some Islamic guy is telling some other dude just how much easier he could deal with his problems if he just believed the words of the prophet.

Aren't you curious? Don't you want to see how much better your life could be with the help of the Koran, or are you just going to deny yourself that opportunity?

An alcoholic is a drug addict.

turtlespeed

***see my post #76 above.

Not Fucked up - He said you are a Fuck Up!

Might want to check again, Bub. Unless you think 'were' means the same as 'are'[:/]

This is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard.

What, that believing in Jesus is better than being a drug addict? Your call, bro:D

Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as the triune god?

Why not open your heart to Shiva? What have you got to lose, give it a go!

I've personally seen the results of people's lives changed in a way, (which at the time I didn't even understand) which was literally unbelievable.

So have I. Sometimes the bible was involved, sometimes it wasn't. So?

turtlespeed

Condescend much?

OMFG

REALLY?

FROM YOU?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DanG is probably one of the calmest, politest regular contributors to this forum. Far more so than Ron, far more so than you, and far more so than me.

Do you have him confused with someone else?

rwieder

Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as the triune god? I've personally seen the results of people's lives changed in a way, (which at the time I didn't even understand) which was literally unbelievable.

Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as Allah? I've personally seen the results of people's lives changed in a way, (which I still don't understand) which was literally unbelievable.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

normiss

I've had it a number of times.
I didn't hear voices.
I pulled up my big boy pants and got to work fixing things.
It was close at times, but a zombie would have been no help.

Whatever - those fuckers are strong - and don't need workers comp.
You could have used at least one, donchaknow?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as Allah?

I have, I've actually read the Coran. To a degree it actually makes some sense. By the way, do you know what the arabic word for "God" is? you'd be surprised, but I suspect you already know. He just happens to be the entity that the arabic culture believes wrote the Coran, and actually tells them how to live. Ya know, I've lived with these people, in their own home lands. Odd thing, they don't drink, smoke, swear, none of that. However they do get to have 4 wives! That's not so bad, is it? J/K! ;)

rwieder

Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as Allah?

I have, I've actually read the Coran. To a degree it actually makes some sense. By the way, do you know what the arabic word for "God" is? you'd be surprised, but I suspect you already know. He just happens to be the entity that the arabic culture believes wrote the Coran, and actually tells them how to live. Ya know, I've lived with these people, in their own home lands. Odd thing, they don't drink, smoke, swear, none of that. However they do get to have 4 wives! That's not so bad, is it? J/K! ;)

There are MANY MANY similarities to the Old Oestament, and the Torah . . .

Few months back I saw a film with one of the US officers tasked with trying to get the locals to stop raping the young boys.
It was all I could do to watch the whole thing.
After the local leader responded with something to the effect of "if they don't fuck these asses, are they to fuck their grandmother's pussy?" I knew enough about the Islamists in Afghanistan.

I'm not sure it's all that different from SOME Catholic leaders for that matter.

Few months back I saw a film with one of the US officers tasked with trying to get the locals to stop raping the young boys.

"Key" word here is US Officer. I don't care who you are, or what you do, you cannot, and will not change their culture, end deal.

I'm not sure it's all that different from SOME Catholic leaders for that matter.

That's not cultural, even for the Catholics. That's b/c they refuse to let the priest marry. The new pope is trying to fix that to where they'll relax their rules to allow their priests to marry and have families. This is just one of the 92 points in Martin Luther's Manifesto that he nailed to the Vatican door to the sanctuary b/f he was exiled and lived the duration of his life under threat. I'm Lutheran, which is a spin-off of the Catholic faith, thus the "Lutheran" faith. And we're split into 2 different factions, which I don't care for, how ever: "It is what it is"

I don't. I just want you to remember what I have shared with you when you experience your crisis in life. Everybody experiences crisis at some point. You just have not had yours yet.

I've been through more than most and came out just fine. Please don't presume to know me.

- Dan G

turtlespeed

There are MANY MANY similarities to the Old Oestament, and the Torah . . .

Gee you might think that is why they are all known as "People of The Book"

Newsflash!

Thanks to the astute observations of a DZ.com contributor who's sexuality has yet to be determined, we now have convincing evidence that Christianity's eternal life proposition is just a sham...Apparently Christians die! Until now, it's never been realized that many of the faithful past have been brutally executed ....Most notably - Jesus, Peter and Paul....

Suck on that, you stupid Christians!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

O'DOYLE RULEZ!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...