wayneflorida

Redneck Road Rage / Instant Karma

ianmdrennan

This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes

Then she had plenty of time to pull over.

The guy in the truck was a total tool, no doubt. But I view this woman, who *appears* to be an instigator, in the same light. Dangerous, and a tool.

She unnecessarily escalated a situation.

Ian

I agree. I've been on both ends of road rage in the past and try to avoid anything that arises nowadays. Just get the fuck out of the way and let the douches go. Once in a while they get pulled over for speeding and I'll drive right on by giggling. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This reminded me of getting out of a ticket Friday evening.
I was speeding - to get around the idiot lefty laner....when the undercover Hyundai hit his lights. :D
Real nice lieutenant that understood my frustration.
He couldn't stop laughing the whole time though.
The slow asshat honked and waved as he went by us stopped....so I threw him a finger.
The cop thought that pretty funny...and just asked to me to slow down.

BillyVance

I agree.

I agree also that she contributed to escalating the other guy's bad choices - and maybe she's someone that looks to do that regularly.

HOWEVER, the tailgator is still 100% responsible for his choices and the results regardless if she was blocking or not. He gets no free pass for his tantrum.

passive aggressive (no matter how irritating) is nowhere even in the ballpark of someone being directly aggressive and reckless. Driving near the speed limit and staying in a single lane isn't a crime. And no one is under obligation (legally or even as a courtesy) to move out of the way to allow assholes to speed.

I don't view her in the 'same light' at all. If she would have SLAMMED on the brakes or something prior to turning on her camera, that I would consider being the same thing. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if she did....)

regardless, I'd rather have both off the road

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

normiss

This reminded me of getting out of a ticket Friday evening.
I was speeding - .......

sorry Normiss - I'm done reading right there. Your decision, your fault. no one else's.

nice cop anyway

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

" Driving near the speed limit and staying in a single lane isn't a crime."

In some places, certain lanes, it is.

Florida has tried to pass a move over law a couple of times.
Like high-speed rail, the governor decided we didn't know what we were voting for and he vetoed it.
Because he's a dumb ass.:P

normiss

" Driving near the speed limit and staying in a single lane isn't a crime."

In some places, certain lanes, it is.

I'm not a fan of speed top end limits. I'd rather see a posted range that you have to stay inside of. And penalize equally for being under the same as over. e.g., 65 +/- 10 (you have to be between 55 and 75 for normal conditions).

But if we want a 'fast' lane, it should just have a posted higher speed than the others. Then it's very clear that's the purpose of that lane.

But whining about a car going 65 in a 65 (or 60 in a 65) is just childish and people need to layoff the coffee.

IMHO of course.

It shouldn't be looked at as the "fast" lane. That's where things get all messed up.
The left lane should be looked at for what it is...a "passing" lane.
Regardless of how fast your going, no one should just stay out in the left lane
That would eliminate a lot of these problems.

People here seem to like the left lane because it's a little safer to talk or text there, because there is less going on with no exits and people entering or exiting only from the right [:/]

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

swisschris62

It shouldn't be looked at as the "fast" lane. That's where things get all messed up.
The left lane should be looked at for what it is...a "passing" lane.
Regardless of how fast your going, no one should just stay out in the left lane
That would eliminate a lot of these problems.

On limited access roads, you are absolutely correct.

On roads where there are cross streets and driveways, not so much.
I may be going fairly slow in the left lane sometimes. It's because I am going to be turning left, and may not know exactly where, or it is going to be soon and I don't want to get up to full speed and then slam on the brakes.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

rehmwa

passive aggressive (no matter how irritating) is nowhere even in the ballpark of someone being directly aggressive and reckless. Driving near the speed limit and staying in a single lane isn't a crime. And no one is under obligation (legally or even as a courtesy) to move out of the way to allow assholes to speed.

[/url]http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=21001-22000&file=21650-21664 [/url]

See 21654. Now on freeways, the maximum speed limit would come into play, so I don't think someone going 65 (or 70 for certain highways) would be in violation.

Also note 21656 - on a 2 lane road (mountains) where there is no passing, a slow moving vehicle with 5 trailing vehicles is require to use pull outs.

Now as I already stated, I agree with the bulk of message.

For Florida --

"The left-lane provision is part of the 226-page House Bill 7125. It states that drivers on any road with two or more lanes in the same direction may not drive more than 10 mph slower than the posted speed limit in the left lane if they know they are being overtaken. It does not apply to drivers preparing for a left turn at an intersection."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-27/story/left-lane-slowpokes-face-fines-under-new-florida-law#ixzz2xZPPMCiz

-good for a $60 ticket + 3-point moving violation.

The girl was not violating the left-lane slowpoke law. She was only standing her ground...

muff528

For Florida --

"The left-lane provision is part of the 226-page House Bill 7125. It states that drivers on any road with two or more lanes in the same direction may not drive more than 10 mph slower than the posted speed limit in the left lane...

IMHO only - I would make that the rule for all the lanes, not just left lane

I don't think people should drive more than 10 mph over OR under the posted target speed (under normal conditions).

If I'm 10 mph faster OR slower than the other car our closing speed is the same.

and as said before - we should have speed 'targets', not just a top limit

wmw999

People here seem to like the left lane because it's a little safer to talk or text there, because there is less going on with no exits and people entering or exiting only from the right [:/]

Wendy P.

In Southern California the left lane is the "don't you know who I think I am" lane.

champu

***People here seem to like the left lane because it's a little safer to talk or text there, because there is less going on with no exits and people entering or exiting only from the right [:/]

Wendy P.

In Southern California the left lane is the "don't you know who I think I am" lane.

but also full of first generation drivers who only want to fear cars from the right. It's almost a given that the #2 lane is faster in all traffic conditions.

rehmwa

***For Florida --

"The left-lane provision is part of the 226-page House Bill 7125. It states that drivers on any road with two or more lanes in the same direction may not drive more than 10 mph slower than the posted speed limit in the left lane...

IMHO only - I would make that the rule for all the lanes, not just left lane

I don't think people should drive more than 10 mph over OR under the posted target speed (under normal conditions).

If I'm 10 mph faster OR slower than the other car our closing speed is the same.

and as said before - we should have speed 'targets', not just a top limit

Don't you think it's strange that you get to decide how much over the speed limit someone else should drive? I have no issue pulling into a slower lane, even if I'm going 80 mph and someone is approaching me at 90mph, I'll get over. Of course all bets are off if traffic is solid in front of me.

kelpdiver

******People here seem to like the left lane because it's a little safer to talk or text there, because there is less going on with no exits and people entering or exiting only from the right [:/]

Wendy P.

but also full of first generation drivers who only want to fear cars from the right. It's almost a given that the #2 lane is faster in all traffic conditions.

The thing that drives me crazy the most is when traffic is heavy in the fast lane, and people use the slower lanes to pass and the then get back in the fast lane before they rear end the approaching semi. Of course they don't care that there's no room in the fast last lane and they have no issue cutting you off getting back in. They then pass the semi and keep repeating the process. This is the one reason I wish they had undercover CHP.

Of course your 100% correct and you know what I was referring to.
Being that she was on just such a road like you describe it would be proper to stay out in the left lane if your turn was coming up.
Btw I'm not condoning what either of them did but there's no excuse for totally losing your cool like the guy in the truck did. The guys definately a loose canon and should probably enroll in some sort of anger management class.

muff528

Where did you see the interview?

WTVT in Tampa. I found a link to the interview at their site but it has since been heavily edited from the version I heard aired.

ETA:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25097511/2014/03/28/the-full-story-behind-that-instant-karma-viral-video

http://fox13now.com/2014/03/28/video-driver-who-filmed-redneck-road-rage-talks-about-the-crash/

Neither is the "full" interview I saw.

E again TA:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2591528/Road-rage-revenge-Woman-films-pickup-truck-driver-tailgates-cuts-loses-control-crashes.html

from this link:

"'This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes,' she wrote. 'After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording.'"

and

"She added beneath the video: 'I've recorded circumstances like this before, catching idiots doing stupid things, but never ever had this happen.'"

Thanks, might not be all the interview you saw but enough for me.

Driving on the road a person doesn't need a hot attitude or a righteous attitude.

jclalor

The thing that drives me crazy the most is when traffic is heavy in the fast lane, and people use the slower lanes to pass and the then get back in the fast lane before they rear end the approaching semi. Of course they don't care that there's no room in the fast last lane and they have no issue cutting you off getting back in. They then pass the semi and keep repeating the process. This is the one reason I wish they had undercover CHP.

The I-5 drive, perfectly summarized. It's a different problem from SoCal 5 lane freeways with the slow people in the #1, but both make you wish for a stinger missile, or maybe just an egg tosser.