jclalor

Is Chris Christie done?

Is this a new trend I am seeing?

Conservatives are beating up on Hillary because they fear she will be a viable presidential candidate.

Liberals are beating up on conservatives who look like they might become presidential candidates.

I'm undecided on whether it is good or bad. I don't like all the hate mongering, but it could help winnow out the chaff before all the lies begin...or have they already?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

kallend

******The one thing is that if a leader sets a tone that abusive behavior is unacceptable, then abuses are less likely to spread. If otherwise, then abuses can become more endemic, just "part of doing business."

Kind of like bribes in some cultures, and/or areas of countries.

Wendy P.

i admire him for being a man and apologizing and firing people. not only did he hold a press conference where he gave an apology but he then stood for two hours and answered questions from a frothing media. that shows some character.

Hmmm. His apology appears to consist of denying any involvement, blaming his aides, saying that he was "betrayed", and firing people.

Doesn't seem like much character to me.

if he is telling the truth, that is what he needed to say. he didnt know, he was betrayed and needed to let them go.

if he is lying, then he is a Clinton level liar and needs to be impeached.

i dont love the guy but i am impressed that he stood up and apologized and fired those responsible. he then allowed himself to be pummeled by a frothing media. many pol's, including our current and some former President's have done less. for now, i am accepting his story. if he is exposed to being a liar, i will call for his head.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

davjohns

Conservatives are beating up on Hillary because they fear she will be a viable presidential candidate.

Old trend.

Liberals are beating up on conservatives who look like they might become presidential candidates.

Old trend.
That being said, Christie is really not all that Conservative; he's a moderate Republican. And he's not being beat up on by "liberals", he's being beat up on by Democrats generally, including the moderate wing, - not because of ideology (ideologically most Democrats can live with Christie), but simply because they don't want him as the quarterback of the opposing team: on balance, they'd rather have any Democrat in the White House appointing the next SCOTUS justices than any viable Republican.

"That being said, Christie is really not all that Conservative; he's a moderate Republican. And he's not being beat up on by "liberals", he's being beat up on by Democrats generally, including the moderate wing, - not because of ideology (ideologically most Democrats can live with Christie), but simply because they don't want him as the quarterback of the opposing team: on balance, they'd rather have any Democrat in the White House"

Andy expressed it better (lots better) than me. I guess what I like about Christie, is he IS a moderate. If the Republicans run a far right person for any reason they don't deserve to win.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

davjohns

very old trend.

A somewhat similar practice for an incumbent with no primaries to deal with is to spend money destroying the most viable of the opposition party's candidates.

BTW, Conservatives have been beating on Hillary for 20 years now. (Or from a different perspective, she's been beating herself all these years doing ridiculous shit)

mirage62

"That being said, Christie is really not all that Conservative; he's a moderate Republican. And he's not being beat up on by "liberals", he's being beat up on by Democrats generally, including the moderate wing, - not because of ideology (ideologically most Democrats can live with Christie), but simply because they don't want him as the quarterback of the opposing team: on balance, they'd rather have any Democrat in the White House"

Andy expressed it better (lots better) than me. I guess what I like about Christie, is he IS a moderate. If the Republicans run a far right person for any reason they don't deserve to won't win.

FIFY
Never try to eat more than you can lift

>And he's not being beat up on by "liberals", he's being beat up on by Democrats
>generally, including the moderate wing . . .

. . . and including conservative republicans. He was "done" for them the instant he worked with Obama to get his state aid during Hurricane Sandy.

I'm so very tired of American politics.

Tell me what you have to offer. Don't just bash the other person / party.

It just makes me think your platform is, "I'm the best pile of shit you have to choose from".
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

It just makes me think your platform is, "I'm the best pile of shit you have to choose from".

I think that was Newt Gingrich's campaign slogan, actually.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Andy9o8

***Is this a new trend I am seeing?

Old trend.

Old trend.
That being said, Christie is really not all that Conservative; he's a moderate Republican. And he's not being beat up on by "liberals", he's being beat up on by Democrats generally, including the moderate wing, - not because of ideology (ideologically most Democrats can live with Christie), but simply because they don't want him as the quarterback of the opposing team: on balance, they'd rather have any Democrat in the White House appointing the next SCOTUS justices than any viable Republican.

http://home.myhughesnet.com/tv/3/player/vendor/CNN/player/cnn/asset/cnn-springsteen_fallon_mock_bridge_scandal-cnn/source/Clips :)

Chuck

davjohns

Tell me what you have to offer. Don't just bash the other person / party.

How sad is it that you can sum up the nation's view of our political system in two lines?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.