RonD1120

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

I hope the entire cast walks off. It is time for Duck Dynasty to move to the Blaze TV. The First Amendment Freedom of Speech is for Christians also.

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson From 'Duck Dynasty' Over Anti-Gay Remarks
Comments 'Not Reflected in the Series Duck Dynasty,' A&E Says
By: Nat Ives Published: December 18, 2013

http://adage.com/article/media/a-e-suspends-phil-robertson-duck-dynasty/245763/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Stumpy

You do know the first amendment is not relevant here don't you?

Of course it is. Robertson expressed his opinion in a magazine interview.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Heavy sigh.

So, in your mind the 1st Amendment requires the government to force a private company to hire someone they don't want working for them?

How very leftist of you.

- Dan G

RonD1120

***You do know the first amendment is not relevant here don't you?

So it sounds like the 1st amendment is working fine at making sure the government is not passing laws abridging some backwater redneck's freedom of speech.
Remster

Remster

******You do know the first amendment is not relevant here don't you?

So it sounds like the 1st amendment is working fine at making sure the government is not passing laws abridging some backwater redneck's freedom of speech.

yes he has the right to alienate as many people as he likes and prove to everyone he is a bigoted asshat
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

“Death of freedom of speech and more importantly thought is a progressive cherished goal. Censorship, perversion of language and culture, and coerced uniformity of thought are necessary for their agenda. From there, any tyranny is possible.”

There I said it...or should I say someone else said it and I just repeated it.

I've never seen the show so I don't know anything about it. However, employers can have rules. And if A&E has a policy against running your mouth off against gays, then the dude broke the rules.

PJ O'Rourke summed it up: There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

This fella is the living embodiment of that principle. Obviously, he will have some supporters. He will have detractors, too. All consequences.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

DanG

So, in your mind the 1st Amendment requires the government to force a private company to hire someone they don't want working for them?

How very politically fanatical of you.

pretty ironic isn't it when we see that same attitude reflected on both sides and neither side realizes that it's not what they say that's the issue, it's the above point that they want government to enforce their subjective beliefs and to stifle the others'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Andy9o8

***It's funny that people are surprised.
WTF.
:D:D:D

Seriously. Redneck motherfucker behaving like a redneck motherfucker. What a shocker. 8.9 million viewers will miss the "redneck motherfucker".

A&E was quick to "cover their ass".
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

What's really scary is that a man of your education could see this as a freedom of speech issue.

What's also going to be fun is to watch his upcoming half ass apology.

What's amazed me these last couple of years is America's new found fascination with white trash reality shows.

rickjump1

******It's funny that people are surprised.
WTF.

Seriously. Redneck motherfucker behaving like a redneck motherfucker. What a shocker. 8.9 million viewers will miss the "redneck motherfucker".

That's why I keep coming back here, Rick: I miss you guys.

Andy9o8

Seriously. Redneck motherfucker

I read the quote, I suspect he'd not approve of that activity also.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Andy9o8

*********It's funny that people are surprised.
WTF.

That's why I keep coming back here, Rick: I miss you guys.:ph34r::ph34r:B|
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

jclalor

What's really scary is that a man of your education could see this as a freedom of speech issue.

What's also going to be fun is to watch his upcoming half ass apology.

What's amazed me these last couple of years is how a small minority of Americans found a fascination with white trash reality shows.

WE haven't.
I still don't understand "reality" tv. Less with the retarded trash shows showing people at their worst.

Andy9o8

***It's funny that people are surprised.
WTF.

Seriously. Redneck motherfucker behaving like a redneck motherfucker. What a shocker.

This!!

I am more offended by A&E acting all shocked and perturbed. Make millions of a bunch of rednecks, then get upset when they behave like rednecks.

I find it so interesting how a guy can say something about not liking homosexuals.

This is countered by calling him white trash, etc. Kind of a "how dare that redneck cracker white trash peckerwood view someone as beneath him?"

Let's all hate him because he's so intolerant. Let's despise his view of a class of people by stating how much we despise a group of people.

Homophobia and white-on-black racism is such a lower-class thing. The elite, educated and upper crust hatred is directed at poor white people, Christians and Jews.

Hate is hate. If someone can explain to the the rational difference between calling people redneck peckerwoods is functionally or even practically different from calling people jungle bunny jigaboos I'd certainly entertain a discussion as to why racial pejoratives are different from racial pejoratives.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Robertson said: "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Because THEY are all christian and righteous dude.
The rest of us are undeserving and will reap no reward.
duh.

regarding a half-assed apology... doesn't seem it's an apology as much as an explanation of his opinion.

Robertson released his own statement in response to the flap early Wednesday: "I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

--
Rob

normiss

Robertson said: "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers...

Whew!:o
For a moment there, I was afraid he was going to include skydivers.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Robertson said: "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers...

Whew!:o
For a moment there, I was afraid he was going to include skydivers.[:/]

You can pick any 7, but not all 8... :ph34r:
Remster