Darius11

suspected-witches-burned-alive-by-christians-in-kenya-WARNING VERY GRAPHIC

WARNING WARNING VERY GRAPHIC.

http://thetaleofbittertruth.wordpress.com/2013/09/08/suspected-witches-burned-alive-by-christians-in-kenya/

There is a video showing an old woman and her family being beaten and set on fire. As a group of 100s watch.

I fucking hate people. Its amazing at how stupid and cruel we can be.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

WARNING WARNING VERY GRAPHIC.

http://thetaleofbittertruth.wordpress.com/2013/09/08/suspected-witches-burned-alive-by-christians-in-kenya/

There is a video showing an old woman and her family being beaten and set on fire. As a group of 100s watch.

I fucking hate people. Its amazing at how stupid and cruel we can be.

Charming.

"Gimme that ol' time religion..."

DiverMike

I started watching - I could not make it through. Human beings are evil.

Its so FUCKED, i skipped parts too man its just too much. I wanted to beat the shit out of that fuck hitting the old lady.

Wonder where they learned this form of Christiantity? There have also been reports of children being accused of witchcraft and then murdered in Uganda and Kenya.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-10671790

It seems humans save the most evil and brutal acts for people who have, or those being suspected of belonging to a different faith.

OTOH, I'm sure that Ron will be Along shortly to educatd us on the OT, and why this was the only thing that any real God fearing Christian could do.

jclalor

Wonder where they learned this form of Christiantity? There have also been reports of children being accused of witchcraft and then murdered in Uganda and Kenya.

It seems humans save the most evil and brutal acts for people who have, or those being suspected of belonging to a different faith.

OTOH, I'm sure that Ron will be Along shortly to educatd us on the OT, and why this was the only thing that any real God fearing Christian could do.

Sadly I don’t think it’s a religion thing I think it’s a humane thing.:|

I think were animals trying to pretend were not, Imagine if you just acted on every thought that came to your head?

Plenty of old testament verses denounce the witch (particularly exodus 22:18), but I can't think of one that suggests burning them to death. That's usually reserved for sexual misdeed and unclean objects and priests I remember one verse talking about how witches and assorted undesirables will burn in the lake of fire (hell, the second death etc, in Revelations I think), but none suggesting people do it.

Then there's that whole new testament thing, you know: "Let he who is without sin..." and so forth.

Plenty of bad examples in history of course, but this sounds like it come down from local tradition, not bad papal example from the inquisitions and such.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

According to this article, it is about money, and relatives are hiring thugs to do it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227693/Elderly-Kenyans-burned-alive-witches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Wonder where they learned this form of Christiantity?

The same school as the Jihadists learnt their form on Islam, only on a different campus.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

jclalor

damn straight - try driving a Hummer, or putting an aluminum can in the regular trash, or use the wrong word for something, or say you like Bush or Obama and the job they do - religious types are nuts

Fanatics are horrible - nothing like self righteousness to open the floodgates of atrocity. religion is one thing, true. But, frankly, any excuse will do if people convince themselves to believe it strongly enough and are able dehumanize the others enough.

Frankly, fanaticism is one thing, but I believe the ability to dehumanize the other is even more important to enable atrocities. The internet and the internet culture might be the biggest trigger of all. You don't even have to be fanatical about something to get there.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Gravitymaster

I couldn't watch it all either.

How do you know the people doing this evil act were Christians?

How do you know the people being murdered were accused of being witches?

Only from the website, like i said i don't know the whole story and i didn't write the title.

ryoder

According to this article, it is about money, and relatives are hiring thugs to do it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227693/Elderly-Kenyans-burned-alive-witches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html

Thanks for the link. Like i said i think its just humans not so much religion. We tend to look for an excuse to make horrific acts ok.

jclalor

Just because you hate god, doesn't mean he doesn't still love you.

repent now or end up being an asshole forever.