SkyDekker

Did you hear that you can't keep your policy even if you liked it?

DrewEckhardt

***Just wondering if people were aware?

Also heard that Obama said you could...is that true?

So what's the news? As the old joke goes

Q: How do you know a politician is lying?
A: Their lips are moving.

No news, people may have missed it the previous 5,000,000,000 times it got posted. Wanted to make sure no person got left behind.

I am pretty disgusted with all politicians these days. Not just from one side, but all sides. They are nothing more than self serving crooks. The only people I am more disgusted with than the politicians is the media, oh and the lawyers too. But since politicians are more often than not, lawyers, it's all the same thing.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Did you hear that? I'm all the way over in Europe and I think I could hear a head explode. Pretty sure it was Normiss...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

CanuckInUSA

I am pretty disgusted with all politicians these days. Not just from one side, but all sides. They are nothing more than self serving crooks. The only people I am more disgusted with than the politicians is the media, oh and the lawyers too. But since politicians are more often than not, lawyers, it's all the same thing.

I wish I could argue with you on the lawyer part. But I'm a lawyer. I have to admit the vast majority of them made me feel dirty....either from having to work with them or from knowing people saw me in the same light with them. Most were just crooked. Some were so uniquely incompetent that I wondered how they got to work in the morning.

I have to admit we are in perfect agreement. Damn that's sad. Not that you are right. Just that I don't have a way to argue with you on the matter. Facts just aren't on the side of an opposing opinion.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

SkyDekker

Just wondering if people were aware?

Also heard that Obama said you could...is that true?

See why it has to be repeated???

It takes forever for you lefties to catch up:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This must be unpossible.
I've never heard such a thing!
My coverage has changed in no way whatsoever.

I'll give you an update after next week's company meeting giving us the scoop on the next round of coverage.

Other than the typical up-tick of the costs, I don't expect any noticeable changes.

normiss

This must be unpossible.

I'll give you an update after next week's company meeting giving us the scoop on the next round of coverage.

Other than the typical up-tick of the costs, I don't expect any noticeable changes.

Nor do I
but
companies were exempted for a year
remember?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

CanuckInUSA

I don't hate all lawyers. I like lawrocket and maybe you can be added to my "Don't hate list". LOL ... but as a generic demographic, I still dislike lawyers, but I dislike the media even more. ;)

I only hate lawyer's professionally, not personally. It is a good thing I can compartmentalize.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

lawrocket

Bush tax cuts.
Clinton got a blowjob.
War for oil.
Bush lied.
Clinton lied.
Obama clarified.
What else is missing. Oh, yeah. DB Cooper.

You missed:
Roosevelt lied
Truman lied
Eisenhower lied
Kennedy lied
Johnson lied and lied
Nixon was not a crook
Carter lied
Reagan couldn't recall
41Bush's lips were read

I truly believe that no-one who tells the truth 100% of the time has any chance of being elected to Congress or the White House.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

CanuckInUSA

Who's more to blame? Politicians who tell people only what polling tells them the people want to hear, or people who would never in a million years would elect a politician who always told the straight-up truth, however unpalatable? Maybe both?

Don

I wish I could argue with you on the lawyer part. But I'm a lawyer. I have to admit the vast majority of them made me feel dirty...

Semi-serious question: do law students have to take acting classes? I ask because I often see lawyers on the news describing their client as one step away from being sainted, when the the client has a rap sheet a mile long and is obviously a thug. Also, I imagine that a big part of being a successful trial lawyer is being able to project absolute certainty that your client is innocent, even if the client murdered someone in front of 15 witnesses and 5 security cameras. So, are successful trial lawyers just naturally such good actors that they can keep a straight face while speaking absolute bullshit, do they train for that, or are they just so immoral that it doesn't matter to them whether or not their client actually committed the crime? Whatever the answer, it would seem that practicing law would be great training for a political career.

Don

kallend

***Bush tax cuts.
Clinton got a blowjob.
War for oil.
Bush lied.
Clinton lied.
Obama clarified.

You missed:
Roosevelt lied
Truman lied
Eisenhower lied
Kennedy lied
Johnson lied and lied
Nixon was not a crook
Carter lied
Reagan couldn't recall
41Bush's lips were read

I truly believe that no-one who tells the truth 100% of the time has any chance of being elected to Congress or the White House.

Notice he stopped short of admitting that Obama lies.

He simply cannot . . . Left out Clinton too.

Its amazing.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

***Bush tax cuts.
Clinton got a blowjob.
War for oil.
Bush lied.
Clinton lied.
Obama clarified.

You missed:
Roosevelt lied
Truman lied
Eisenhower lied
Kennedy lied
Johnson lied and lied
Nixon was not a crook
Carter lied
Reagan couldn't recall
41Bush's lips were read

Ron Paul?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

******Bush tax cuts.
Clinton got a blowjob.
War for oil.
Bush lied.
Clinton lied.
Obama clarified.

You missed:
Roosevelt lied
Truman lied
Eisenhower lied
Kennedy lied
Johnson lied and lied
Nixon was not a crook
Carter lied
Reagan couldn't recall
41Bush's lips were read

Ron Paul?

Do you mean the same Ron Paul that claims he didn't read or write the Ron Paul Political Reports?:ph34r::ph34r:

turtlespeed

******Bush tax cuts.
Clinton got a blowjob.
War for oil.
Bush lied.
Clinton lied.
Obama clarified.

You missed:
Roosevelt lied
Truman lied
Eisenhower lied
Kennedy lied
Johnson lied and lied
Nixon was not a crook
Carter lied
Reagan couldn't recall
41Bush's lips were read

Notice he stopped short of admitting that Obama lies.

He simply cannot . . . Left out Clinton too.

Its amazing.

Reading comprehension is a useful skill; you should try it sometime.

Re-read the post, and the one it referenced, and you'll see your error.

Here's a real life story...

I have a good friend who is 64. He pays for his medical insurance himself, or will until 31-Dec, when his policy is cancelled. He called up his insurer (Blue Cross/Anthem?) and said he'd pay double, but there is no policy for him to purchase.

He's a heart patient. Had open heart surgery several years ago, and sees his doctor on a regular basis. His local hospital (the only one around for 60 miles) will not be participating in ObamaCare, nor will his doctor. If he has a heart attack on 4-Jan, he's dead. The only alternative is to go to the hospital, and receive a massive bill that he can't pay. The hospital will seize his remaining assets. He's not going to allow that.

I have another long time friend who is over 60. He and his wife, who have been married for decades, are considering a paper divorce because they won't be able to afford the insurance filing as a married couple. Separately, they will fall into a completely different category.

This is truly messed up, and is hurting real people.
We are all engines of karma

normiss

This must be unpossible.

Ditto here. I actually don't know one person yet who is part of this "my rates went up 60% and/or they took my policy away, I lost my insurance because of Obamacare, etc." I'm not saying they aren't out there, because I'm sure there are people impacted in different ways. But not having seen one of these incidences personally makes me wonder if it's as widespread, sky is falling, catastrophic that some of the news and right leaning media make it out to be.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

StreetScooby

Here's a real life story...

I have a good friend who is 64. He pays for his medical insurance himself, or will until 31-Dec, when his policy is cancelled. He called up his insurer (Blue Cross/Anthem?) and said he'd pay double, but there is no policy for him to purchase.

He's a heart patient. Had open heart surgery several years ago, and sees his doctor on a regular basis. His local hospital (the only one around for 60 miles) will not be participating in ObamaCare, nor will his doctor. If he has a heart attack on 4-Jan, he's dead. The only alternative is to go to the hospital, and receive a massive bill that he can't pay. The hospital will seize his remaining assets. He's not going to allow that.

I have another long time friend who is over 60. He and his wife, who have been married for decades, are considering a paper divorce because they won't be able to afford the insurance filing as a married couple. Separately, they will fall into a completely different category.

This is truly messed up, and is hurting real people.

Don't you get it.

THEY DON'T FUCKING CARE - The liberals got their way - they DON'T FUCKING CARE WHO THEY HURT.

Now quit your whining and get in lockstep.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

LyraM45

***This must be unpossible.

Ditto here. I actually don't know one person yet who is part of this "my rates went up 60% and/or they took my policy away, I lost my insurance because of Obamacare, etc." I'm not saying they aren't out there, because I'm sure there are people impacted in different ways. But not having seen one of these incidences personally makes me wonder if it's as widespread, sky is falling, catastrophic that some of the news and right leaning media make it out to be.

What would you like to know?

Do you need paper backup? What proof do you need?