CornishChris

Gay Parents

A gay friend of mine posted this on Facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLnn96n3Lpg

A very well spoken (albeit nervous) young man. How can anyone have a problem with his upbringing - I know of many people bought up by straight people that aren't a patch on this guy.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Oldie but a goodie.

If there was ever a reason to stop the gays from marrying and raising kids this video is one.

Imagine if there were 100,000 more of this kid walking around!

You think there is a lot of gun violence now, start allowing these people to multiply, that dude looked about 3 frosted flakes away from a rampage.

That's great and all but i am sure i can find a kid who grew up with meth addicts as parents who turned out ok and can put on a suit.

Now i have never been against gay marriage i just think to use one example as a case study is kind of dumb even if you agree with what its supporting.

The truth is we really don't know what the effect of growing up with gay or lesbian parents can be IF ANY.

Nice speech
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

That's great and all but i am sure i can find a kid who grew up with meth addicts as parents who turned out ok and can put on a suit.

Now i have never been against gay marriage i just think to use one example as a case study is kind of dumb even if you agree with what its supporting.

The truth is we really don't know what the effect of growing up with gay or lesbian parents can be IF ANY.

Nice speech

I'm sure you can easily find a kid that grew out of a very bad female/male parental combination, with great successes behind him.

However, there isn't a nation-wide, conservative agenda making claims that a successful, well-balanced person can't come out of a heterosexual household. But there is a very loud, well-funded group of people making claims that a successful, well-balanced person cannot come from a single sex set of parents.

DSE

***That's great and all but i am sure i can find a kid who grew up with meth addicts as parents who turned out ok and can put on a suit.

Nice speech

I'm sure you can easily find a kid that grew out of a very bad female/male parental combination, with great successes behind him.

However, there isn't a nation-wide, conservative agenda making claims that a successful, well-balanced person can't come out of a heterosexual household. But there is a very loud, well-funded group of people making claims that a successful, well-balanced person cannot come from a single sex set of parents.

+1

Hit nail on head.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

labrys

The American Academy of Pediatrics has published some pretty extensive research.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/131/4/e1374.full#sec-6

Sure. It was only a matter of time until someone started with the "think of the children" stuff...
Remster

labrys

Sure. It was only a matter of time until someone started with the "think of the children" stuff...

Hey... I have a right to my opinion, pal. :P

If we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

However, there isn't a nation-wide, conservative agenda making claims that a successful, well-balanced person can't come out of a heterosexual household.

all i am saying is there wrong because there is not enough evidence and not enough time for anyone to be sure, you would need more then one generation to know the full effects if ANY. So the guys saying its bad are wrong and the people claiming they know it has no effect are wrong as well.

nation-wide, conservative agenda

Maybe that depends on where you live I guess, I feel like I have been surrounded by LOVE gays agenda.
That’s very annoying as well and just as stupid and baseless and lacks logic.
Let’s judge people on an individual bases regardless who you might affiliate them with or what their sexuality is. Lets not pretend that the secret to a well balanced child is gay parents.

My point stands there is not enough evidence to be sure of any effect positive or negative. regardless of what people would like to believe.

If one video of a well dressed kid well spoken kid is a case then one video of a drugged out kid would be the counter, either way none of them should mean shit. Thats my point.

all i am saying is there wrong because there is not enough evidence and not enough time for anyone to be sure, you would need more then one generation to know the full effects if ANY. So the guys saying its bad are wrong and the people claiming they know it has no effect are wrong as well.

The thirty years of research in the study I posted isn't long enough? Did you think gay parents just recently started raising kids?
Owned by Remi #?

Did you think gay parents just recently started raising kids?

Openly enough to study yes? or have you already forgotten how bad gays have been treated even in the 80s,90s???

So if you treated them bad do you think they were open enough to actually do a scientific study? NO

As for research the reason I say multi generational is you need to see the full spectrum and no 30 years is not enough to be sure of anything.

God I can think of countless studies done saying something is bad for you or good for you only to be reversed years later.

Openly enough to study yes? or have you already forgotten how bad gays have been treated even in the 80s,90s???

Given that I'm a gay parent who was born in the 60's I'd say that I'm probably a lot more qualified to characterize how we were treated in the 80s and 90s than you are and yes, some of it was pretty bad. That said, there's no reason that you can't look at historical information. Gays have been raising kids *forever*

If you want to know how the children of gay parents "turn out" then you find adult children of gay parents and you study how they "turned out" compared to adult children of straight parents as at least part of your plan.

I've said it before. There sure seem to be a lot of straight people who think they understand what it's like to be gay. Like whuffos who think that skydivers are all suicidal maniacs.
Owned by Remi #?

DSE

...However, there isn't a nation-wide, conservative agenda making claims that a successful, well-balanced person can't come out of a heterosexual household. But there is a very loud, well-funded group of people making claims that a successful, well-balanced person cannot come from a single sex set of parents.

I'm not really aware of the conservatives claiming that gays can't raise children properly.

Their arguments are far more along the lines of "It's a sin" or "It demeans the meaning of marriage" or similar garbage.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Darius11

However, there isn't a nation-wide, conservative agenda making claims that a successful, well-balanced person can't come out of a heterosexual household.

***nation-wide, conservative agenda

Maybe that depends on where you live I guess, I feel like I have been surrounded by LOVE gays agenda.
That’s very annoying as well and just as stupid and baseless and lacks logic.
Let’s judge people on an individual bases regardless who you might affiliate them with or what their sexuality is. Lets not pretend that the secret to a well balanced child is gay parents.

My point stands there is not enough evidence to be sure of any effect positive or negative. regardless of what people would like to believe.

If one video of a well dressed kid well spoken kid is a case then one video of a drugged out kid would be the counter, either way none of them should mean shit. Thats my point.

I don't think you will find many homosexual couples who argue

"Lets not pretend that the secret to a well balanced child is gay parents. "

That is not the argument at all.

The argument is that ONLY heterosexual couples can raise a well-balanced child.

Totally wrong, as shown by that ONE example.

Bottom line is, as you said, treat everyone as an individual with the same rights as everyone else, regardless of their sexuality.

Gay couples should be afforded all the rights of heterosexual couples.

labrys

The American Academy of Pediatrics has published some pretty extensive research.

The study is based on sketchy data where results were determined. Let's double the amount of lesbian couples to equal the amount of hetrosexual couples in asking questions then draw conclusions.

The speaker in the video was well spoken but scary. Was Paul Ryan the dad? OBTW.... I guess he got to know his bio father as he learned of his bio sister... so he's not too far removed from knowing his biological parents. It is not known his relationship with the other woman....he may not be as close to her as he is with his mother.

DSE

My gay sister is raising brown labs for hunting. Will they be gay also? ;):)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

OHCHUTE

The study is based on sketchy data where results were determined. Let's double the amount of lesbian couples to equal the amount of hetrosexual couples in asking questions then draw conclusions.

From the article:

"Another early review summarized 23 articles published before 2000 that, together, described 615 offspring of lesbian mothers and gay fathers and 387 controls"

And:

"Using data obtained in a large US population-based survey, the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, the 44 adolescents who reported being raised by 2 women in a “marriage-like” family arrangement were compared with a random sample of 44 adolescents raised by heterosexual parents."
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

OHCHUTE

The speaker in the video was well spoken but scary. Was Paul Ryan the dad? OBTW.... I guess he got to know his bio father as he learned of his bio sister... so he's not too far removed from knowing his biological parents. It is not known his relationship with the other woman....he may not be as close to her as he is with his mother.

He said his sister had the same donor, that doesn't mean he knows his biological father.