JohnnyMarko

The worst part of the gov't shutdown

At risk of getting banned but right up front and clear FUCK THESE GUYS that make simple SILLY ASS statements such as "a small fraction of people" don't like it.

Anyone who has even the simplistic of NON-PARTISAN math skills knows that there are more than a small fraction of people have problems with Obama Care.

Every large Obama favored corporation has been given waivers but not small companies.

Congress got there waiver.

It has been modified by the PRESIDENT to fix political problems that might effect his party.

It's a shitty piece of written legislation that is NEEDED but NOT as written. Obama is rightfully scared that if its not implement now it never will be.

Unfortunately his probably correct. He has no options because the damn right wing nuts will do anything to kill it.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Now will someone 'splain to me how people are "suffering" from a program that "isn't working", when the program doesn't even start until NEXT YEAR???:S:S:S

Are you freakin' serious? Here is just a small sampling of what's going on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/trader-joes-obamacare_n_3902341.html

After extending health care coverage to many of its part-time employees for years, Trader Joe's has told workers who log fewer than 30 hours a week that they will need to find insurance on the Obamacare exchanges next year, according to a confidential memo from the grocer's chief executive.

In the memo to staff dated Aug. 30, Trader Joe's CEO Dan Bane said the company will cut part-timers a check for $500 in January and help guide them toward finding a new plan under the Affordable Care Act. The company will continue to offer health coverage to workers who carry 30 hours or more on average.

Cleveland Clinic officials announced this week that they would be offering 3,000 buyouts in an effort to cuts costs, citing financial pressures from health care reform as one of the reasons for their decision. More than a dozen hospitals across the country are taking similar measures, due in part to health care reform requirements, but also because of the $9.9 billion in government sequester cuts to Medicare, hospital debt and states' refusal to expand Medicaid, the government's health insurance program for the poor.

Ron Stiver, senior vice president of engagement and public affairs for Indiana University Health, which plans to cut 800 employees, says the assertion that health care reform is the reason behind hospital cuts is "overly simplified." IU Health is making cuts partially because of the health law, he says, but also because the state has not expanded Medicaid, the hospital system has fewer inpatient volumes, and payment rates for its services have been declining.

Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., plans to cut 1,000 positions, citing an aging population, lower reimbursement rates, a reduction in National Institutes of Health grant funding and a lack of Medicaid expansion in Tennessee.

For a sector that employs more than 5.5 million people, according to the American Hospital Association, the numbers are likely to get worse. The pattern of layoffs and buyouts has already begun. SouthCoast Hospital Group in Florida cited federal health reform when it laid off 100 employees in mid-September. John Muir Health in California is offering staff voluntary buyouts. NorthShore University HealthSystem in Illinois will lay off 1 percent of its workforce, and Covenant Health in Texas laid off 49 employees.

I'd suggest you expand and update your "Newsfeed" a little.

A little????

News like this has been out there for months
Like a MO hospital just laid off 1000 people last week because of Obamacare regs

Hell, even some Democrat Senators are calling AHA a trainwreck!!

(I know I am preaching to the choir, sorry)

But, as I stated before, this is not an acident
It is all intended to get us to a single payer system after it fails and has already killed off the private insurance carriers
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

AND, congress has now given themselves a 75% subsidy for thier health care

For somebody who believes the above right wing lie, it's kind of ironic to them make a statement like:

But, I know for liberal supporters, it is more about what you feel than what is true

- Dan G

Lie??

If you say so

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/358550/congresss-exemption-obamacare-john-fund

Democratic and Republican staffers alike were furious, warning that Congress faced a “brain drain” if the provision stuck. Under behind-the-scenes pressure from members of Congress in both parties, President Obama used the quiet of the August recess to personally order the Office of Personnel Management, which supervises federal employment issues, to interpret the law so as to retain the generous congressional benefits

So, keeping the 75% subsidy is not getting one???

Crow anyone?
Abraham Lincoln

Crow anyone?

Staffers are just government employees, with health insurance through their employer. People who have health insurance through their employer don't need to buy insurance on their own. All this "secret deal" did was clarify that legislative employees were in the same class as everyone else in the country.

The fact that your source is the National Review is telling.

- Dan G

DanG

For somebody who believes the above right wing lie, it's kind of ironic to them make a statement like:

***But, I know for liberal supporters, it is more about what you feel than what is true

Please enlighten us as to whether you think there is a subsidy for members of Congress and their staff and if so, what % you think they will get?

DanG

Crow anyone?

Staffers are just government employees, with health insurance through their employer. People who have health insurance through their employer don't need to buy insurance on their own. All this "secret deal" did was clarify that legislative employees were in the same class as everyone else in the country.

Wow
You really can dance

:S

Under the AHA there was a clause that Congress and staffers were to live under the same AHA rules as everyone else
they did not like that
So Obama made them happy

And you dance and cover for their shit

Priceless
Abraham Lincoln

Gravitymaster

***But, I know for liberal supporters, it is more about what you feel than what is true

Please enlighten us as to whether you think there is a subsidy for members of Congress and their staff and if so, what % you think they will get?

their fucking desperation to support this is laughable

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/7/opm-fleshes-out-congresss-obamacare-subsidy-rule/

The Obama administration detailed Wednesday how the government can keep contributing to health care premiums of members of Congress and their staffers even as they purchase coverage through state exchanges tied to the president’s health care law.

Guidance from the Office of Personnel Management follows up an announcement last week that Congress and its staffers won’t face massive increases in their health care premiums next year, as many feared, because of a clause in the Affordable Care Act that compels them to buy insurance through the exchanges.

So, if we are all covered the same, as the law stipulates, you must be getting help from the gov to pay you HC costs, right?
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

Now will someone 'splain to me how people are "suffering" from a program that "isn't working", when the program doesn't even start until NEXT YEAR???:S:S:S

You could start with insurance rates already drastically rising as well as companies either laying off workers or cutting hours (so they don't have to pay benefits) directly because of Obamacare. And that doesn't get into the medical problems (like MD availability) that will affect everyone.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

So, if we are all covered the same, as the law stipulates, you must be getting help from the gov to pay you HC costs, right?

No, I get help from my employer, as do you.

Guess who employs Congressional staffers?

- Dan G

DanG

Crow anyone?

------------------------------------------------------------
Kind of ironic how the POS..I mean POTUS and the rest of his political bretheren exempted themselves from obamacare. If they thought it was so great why aren't THEY USING IT?

devildog

You could start with insurance rates already drastically rising as well as companies either laying off workers or cutting hours (so they don't have to pay benefits) directly because of Obamacare. And that doesn't get into the medical problems (like MD availability) that will affect everyone.

and insurance companies that have sent out notices that they flat out will not offer people to renew policies they have already been using for over a decade.... Those policies are no longer available, regardless of cost.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

rushmc

******Which temper tantrum?
Your side or the other side?
They are equally at fault.

Not by a long shot. Certainly not on this one.

ACA was voted on by both the House and Senate, signed into law by the President. Challenged by the Tea Party and confirmed as Constitutional by the Supreme Court.

It's the LAW. It's been vetted by the checks and balances system.

It's been voted to be repealed or otherwise modified 42 times. Every single time it has stood.

A small faction of people who don't like it are throwing a temper tantrum. Fuck those guys. Seriously. If you lost and have continued to lose for four years, it's simply childish to attempt to shut down the government over it on the eve of it going into effect and especially when shutting down the government won't even have the effect intended.

It's childish.

Not one republican voted for it
It passed by using procedural back door tactics and has never been popular with the public

So yet another exemption

Actually, the Obama admin gave them this subsidy

Calling this a temper tantrum is dishonest at best

But, I know for liberal supporters, it is more about what you feel than what is true

I wouldn't say all the public ;):D

Kind of ironic how the POS..I mean POTUS and the rest of his political bretheren exempted themselves from obamacare. If they thought it was so great why aren't THEY USING IT?

Did you even read what I wrote?

- Dan G

normiss

Which temper tantrum?
As long as they continue to fight against each other instead of working together, we're fucked.
Ad nauseum.

Yup.

I'm furious with the government right now - both sides.

Their job is to resolve stuff like this. They knew a deadline was approaching and STILL went on paid vacation and missed their responsibilities In any private industry they'd be reprimanded at the least, or fired at the other end of the spectrum.

How do we fire the entire Senate and Congress? The people need to start making examples that the point of politicians is to serve the people, not themselves and if they can't do that then they'll be replaced.

Me personally, I say just go ahead and pass the bill and let Obama care stand. I would even force the employer and individual mandates right now. Why you ask?

The sooner we let this piece of shit legislation crash the economy, the sooner we can show people how wrong it is and let the democrats reap the benefits of squandering the remaining wealth of this country. Then the sooner we can get on with rebuilding. As it sits now, we are in a stale mate that will probably go on for quite some time.

Face it, for some people the only way they will ever know the bucket is full of shit is to pour it on them...:(

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

yoink

***Which temper tantrum?
As long as they continue to fight against each other instead of working together, we're fucked.
Ad nauseum.

Yup.

I'm furious with the government right now - both sides.

Their job is to resolve stuff like this. They knew a deadline was approaching and STILL went on paid vacation and missed their responsibilities In any private industry they'd be reprimanded at the least, or fired at the other end of the spectrum.

How do we fire the entire Senate and Congress? The people need to start making examples that the point of politicians is to serve the people, not themselves and if they can't do that then they'll be replaced.

As an outsider, I think it is telling enough that politicians have chosen to ensure the war machine (oops defence) keeps getting fed.

kallend

Employers who are already dicking around with their plans or prepping for it to go into effect?

*100% totally uninformed guess

But what about the panda?

The real question is, who pays for the panda when it gets sick???

The govt?!?

Fuckin' freeloading panda.

Right! Panda needs to show a bit of personal responsibility instead of relying on taxpayer handouts.

Yes, and if you had your way, the panda should be able to vote.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Gravitymaster

You are asking a question like that of a person that goes along with the party that thinks that what you get in a check after you pay your taxes is just uncollected income tax.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

You do remember that the SC upheld it narrowly based on the Fed's power to tax. You do remember that for the entire pre-vote pitch the administration denied that it was a tax and if it hadn't been shoehorned into that definition it wouldn't have been upheld by the SC.
Not an exact 'the people have spoken' resounding endorsement by any account.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

You do remember that the SC upheld it narrowly based on the Fed's power to tax. You do remember that for the entire pre-vote pitch the administration denied that it was a tax and if it hadn't been shoehorned into that definition it wouldn't have been upheld by the SC.
Not an exact 'the people have spoken' resounding endorsement by any account.

But But But

Obama said it is good. Drink Your f*****g kool-aid and STFU!>:(

You are asking a question like that of a person that goes along with the party that thinks that what you get in a check after you pay your taxes is just uncollected income tax.

Which party do I "go along with"? I've voted for Rs as much as Ds.

- Dan G