regulator

Rioting over the zimmerman case should be an embarrasment to blacks

DanG

I thought it showed that TM's only injuries consistent with a scuffle were to his knuckles?

I thought GZ had matching injuries to his face?

I thougth GZ had injury to the back of his head?

All true. None of that has anything to do with how the fight started.

I thought GZ stated TM was the attacker?

Sure he did. I don't accept his unsworn statements at face value.

I thought TM was shot while above GZ?

Sure. Again, all that shows is that Zimmerman was losing. It doesn't speak to how the fight started.

If the evidence did not show that GZ was the attacker, but there was an attacker, doesn't that make TM the attacker by default? Or was there a third party?

Holy shit, aren't you a lawyer? The fact that the evidence did not show that Zimmerman was the attacker is not the same as showing Martin was. It's simple logic. I hope you're just trying to use rhetoric, and don't think the two are logically equivalent.

The evidence showed that TM was the attacker. You can reject the evidence and go with your feelings. But I stick by my comment.

There's no evidence about how the fight started to reject. I accept that Zimmerman was losing when he shot Martin. That's pretty plain. There is no evidence about how he got into that position.

And I'll reiterate for the with-us-or-agin-us crowd. I think Zimmerman should have been acquitted, due to LACK OF EVIDENCE.

A grand jury should have failed to bring charges against Z due to LACK OF EVIDENCE
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

OHCHUTE

***back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

When was the last time you got stopped and frisked for no good reason?

I"m whinning: I don't get free food, free education, preferential treatment during employment, free school breakfast and lunch, free books, free book bags, free housing, free heathcare, free methadone, free counseling, free parking, (have I missed anything), for not being a minority. (
Although our time is soon to arrive)

At the airport, I've got full body scans.

You forgot free cell phones. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

tkhayes

back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/06/white-vegan-woman-sues-over-brooklyn-stop-and-frisk/

She didn't riot.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

devildog

***back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/06/white-vegan-woman-sues-over-brooklyn-stop-and-frisk/

She didn't riot.

That's because white vegan women generally don't have a history of their recent forbears winding up like THIS. (*NSFW!)

tkhayes

that may very well be the case, but I have no problem with separating the issues:

1. racial discrimination is a problem in the USA, and people of color are protesting. Albeit today because of the GZ case, - so that in itself might be misguided, but people of color have EVERY RIGHT to be pissed off in this country.

2. Stand your ground and/or carry laws may very well have a black advantage, but that does not mean it/they are good laws. Innocent people get killed. criminals that you hope to stop with such laws walk away scott free because they too, were 'defending themselves'.

3. white people enjoy the privilege of being white. they DO NOT get pulled over as much as people of color because they look less suspicious. They DO NOT get stopped and frisked proportionately to the crimes committed. They DO NOT fill the prisons disproportionately due to petty pot or similar light-weight drug charges, yet use of drugs is pretty similar across all races.

People of color are pissed off and protesting. I understand why.

I understand you have trouble seeing the forest for the trees. The very sentiment you evoke is the reason blacks have not advanced as quickly as other persons 'of color'. What more would you have the government do? Your liberal bleeding heart has enslaved blacks in this country. Generations are now dependent upon government for their survival. Jackson, Sharpton and their cronies depend on race baiting for their popularity. You just don't see the damage liberal policies have inflicted over the last 60 years.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Andy9o8

******back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

She didn't riot.

That's because white vegan women generally don't have a history of their recent forbears winding up like THIS. (*NSFW!)

Race bait much? That picture is probably from the 1940's...over 70 years ago. Grow up.

Destinations by Roxanne

tkhayes

If your story is valid as a reason for everyone to carry guns, then Oscar Grant's story is a reason to remove all guns from society - and just as valid.

The Oscar Grant story is a reason to remove tasers from LEO use. Removing all guns is just a stupid fantasy idea with no value to discussing.

kelpdiver

Removing all guns is just a stupid fantasy idea with no value to discussing.

Stupid fantasy ideas with no value to discussion = SC thread with little fire above the icon

Right?

:D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

tkhayes

What more would you have the government do?

I never said it was a government problem. I never said the government should do anything. I am pointing out the fact that there is a problem.

Awsome! What should be done?

Destinations by Roxanne

I have no idea specifically. That's does not negate the problem. I know that malaria is a big problem in parts of the world. I know that 30000-40000 children die from starvation in the world every day. I know there are a lot of problems. Does not mean I have solutions for them.

There are people out there that can solve these problems. We should probably let them have a go at it.

However, continuing doing what we are doing is not likely going to solve the problems, no.

airdvr

*********back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

She didn't riot.

Race bait much? That picture is probably from the 1940's...over 70 years ago. Grow up.

Well if we are picking up images from the 1940s, I bet I could find a few pictures of mass extermination of white people... just a hunch
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

tkhayes

Removing all guns is just a stupid fantasy idea with no value to discussing.

Everyone carrying guns is just a stupid fantasy idea with no value to discussing.

touche

hardly. Virtually any non felon in America (Chicago, NYC still trying to be dicks about it) can choose to obtain a firearm. Over 30 states allow anyone willing to do the process to get a CCW. With simply legislation by the remaining states you could make that universal as well.

But no level of legislation or wishful thinking will result in full removal. Retarded to even try, as dumb as a nation choosing to dismantle all of its nuclear weapons.

DanG

I"m whinning: I don't get free food, free education, preferential treatment during employment, free school breakfast and lunch, free books, free book bags, free housing, free heathcare, free methadone, free counseling, free parking, (have I missed anything), for not being a minority. (
Although our time is soon to arrive)

At the airport, I've got full body scans.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror every day?

I don't have time. I have to work to pay the taxes to ensure people get all the free stuff they are entitled to. Do you work and pay taxes? Or are you on the dol too?

>Do you work and pay taxes? Or are you on the dol too?

Personally I am both. (I suspect you are too.) The government helped me be able to afford college, paid for about half my primary education, and today pays for the roads I ride on and manages the airspace and spectrum I use.

And I've been working and paying taxes for about 35 years now.

I"m whinning: I don't get free food, free education, preferential treatment during employment, free school breakfast and lunch, free books, free book bags, free housing, free heathcare, free methadone, free counseling, free parking, (have I missed anything),

Free Obama phones.

tkhayes

I have no idea specifically. That's does not negate the problem. I know that malaria is a big problem in parts of the world. I know that 30000-40000 children die from starvation in the world every day. I know there are a lot of problems. Does not mean I have solutions for them.

There are people out there that can solve these problems. We should probably let them have a go at it.

However, continuing doing what we are doing is not likely going to solve the problems, no.

Interesting comparisons

The malaria problem has been exacerbated by the gov banning DDT. This ban has killed more people globally than most people know

Blacks problems today are exacerbated by a gov party who says they have their backs yet, their situation has not really improved in the last 20 years. But then that party needs this division to get votes to stay in power

There is common thread if one cares to see it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

devildog

************back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

She didn't riot.

Well if we are picking up images from the 1940s, I bet I could find a few pictures of mass extermination of white people... just a hunch

And you don't think that, as a result, those people's survivors and present-day descendants have an extreme sensitivity on issues like bigotry toward their group, genocide and concentration camps?

This is not distant history. There are millions of black people still alive today who were living and remember when race lynchings took place (some as recently as the 1960s); who remember when marrying a white woman was a criminal offense until 1967; who remember when being black and driving alone in the Deep South could easily get you killed; who personally experienced pervasive de facto racial discrimination in the workplace and in housing decades after it was formally declared unlawful. And who know fully well that, to this day, black men walking down the street or driving/riding in cars are far, far more likely to get stopped by police than white men are. Anyone who thinks that doesn't have an effect that lasts generations is either naive or a fool.

billvon

>Do you work and pay taxes? Or are you on the dol too?

Personally I am both. (I suspect you are too.) The government helped me be able to afford college, paid for about half my primary education, and today pays for the roads I ride on and manages the airspace and spectrum I use.

And I've been working and paying taxes for about 35 years now.

I paid for all my education including that of my kids: about $250,000.00. No govt help, so don't make assumptions. Perhaps I should become a liberal to get all the free stuff. Why work?
Most, aside from liberals, are tired of the waste that drags down our society. Liberals though, love the waste. They want to tax the law abiding tax paying citizens and give the money to the those who don't work. It's now all about the poor who are so needy.

Blacks problems today are exacerbated by a gov party who says they have their backs yet, their situation has not really improved in the last 20 years. But then that party needs this division to get votes to stay in power

in your opinion. The statistics about racial divide, as I have already pointed out, show a real disparagement between the races. crime poverty education etc,

It is not something that can necessarily be fixed solely with legislation, but smart legislation makes it a starting point.

If you think that people deliberately churn up the masses to get votes....well wow! - I am amazed that you noticed that. (sheesh)

You mean fear to start a war in Iraq to drive the military establishment?

people lie and twist things all time to get their point across....I mean look at your own posts....

Do you work and pay taxes? Or are you on the dol too?

Both. I work and pay taxes. I also receive retirement and a disability check from the federal government.

You imply you work in DC. Are you on the government payroll?

- Dan G

DanG

Do you work and pay taxes? Or are you on the dol too?

Both. I work and pay taxes. I also receive retirement and a disability check from the federal government.

You imply you work in DC. Are you on the government payroll?

No to both.