promise5

Is there a crime that you don't think as a person you could get past?

First off nothing involving children please.
This was asked on another forum,and I was curious as to the thoughts here. If you met someone not romantically and then later found out they had committed a crime, done their time in prison and were released would it matter to you the type of crime they had committed on wether or not you could still be acquaintances,friends, jump buddies, whatever. Is there a crime you consider unforgivable as far as even associating with someone,or do you feel more the don't judge someone by their past type of thing. Also, does it then matter how long its been since the crime was committed.
Like I said I seen this on another forum and was curious what people here thought.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Spousal abusers, rapists, murderers. Fuck 'em. Paid for their crime? Don't care. Fuck 'em.

There are others as well, but violent people, in general, I don't need to associate with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What if they paid for their crime, got therapy and now are what people consider productive citizens and have never committed another crime since then. What about if its been 20 years??
Just wondering
Believe me I tried.

promise5

This was asked on another forum,and I was curious as to the thoughts here. If you met someone not romantically and then later found out they had committed a crime, done their time in prison and were released would it matter to you the type of crime they had committed on wether or not you could still be acquaintances,friends, jump buddies, whatever. Is there a crime you consider unforgivable as far as even associating with someone,or do you feel more the don't judge someone by their past type of thing. Also, does it then matter how long its been since the crime was committed.
Like I said I seen this on another forum and was curious what people here thought.

Umm...

I don't know why crimes against kids were excluded....

but I would include crimes against children to Quades list. Billions of people in the world I don't have a desire to hang out with violent people or people who hurt kids.

promise5

What if they paid for their crime, got therapy and now are what people consider productive citizens and have never committed another crime since then. What about if its been 20 years??
Just wondering

"Paid" is in the eye of the beholder. I would wager many victims of violent crime don't feel the perpetrator "paid" by spending some time in jail.

Also, therapy is bullshit.

Jack stabbed a bunch of people and went to prison but then he talked about it with a "therapist" who explained that going around stabbing people was bad, and so now Jack knows better and won't be bad again.

Lol?

How about Jack wasn't quite as dumb as he looked and told the therapists what he needed to in order to get out of fuckin prison.

promise5

No, sorry just was wondering if you had considered those things. [:/]

Absolutely. The recidivism rate is not worth me hanging around them. That is especially true for abusers and rapists.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***No, sorry just was wondering if you had considered those things. [:/]

Absolutely. The recidivism rate is not worth me hanging around them. That is especially true for abusers and rapists.

I couldn't have said it better! It doesn't matter how sympathetic you may be (for the "new and improved" them), the risk is generally not worth it.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

jclalor

Has this person confessed his sins and ask for forgiveness from the almighty Jesus?

I'm cool with it if, as part of the atonement process, said individual arranged a personal interview with God to ask forgiveness.

As a former counselor, I have learned to deal with all sorts of nefarious characters. At this stage of life, I find liberals who voted for BHO to be the most objectionable and frightening.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Jump buddy-no problem
Acquaintance-as long as it wasn't a violent crime
Friend-Depends on the crime
Romantic-probably not but depends on their attitude

Pretty much that, except that now that I know people who have been convicted of violent crimes (mostly when they were young and had a bad testosterone-to-intelligence ratio; mostly bad outcomes from fights), I don't really differentiate between violent and non-violent, but more between the deliberate/repeated and the of-the-moment. Surprising what volunteering at a homeless shelter will do for your opinion of redemption.

I'd include cheating on a spouse or long-term significant other among the transgressions that would disqualify someone from a romantic relationship.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Was I speaking a foreign language?

ROFLMAO! :)

I don't think we have these kinds of folks in our sport....Do we?? :o
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

quade

Spousal abusers, rapists, murderers. Fuck 'em. Paid for their crime? Don't care. Fuck 'em.

There are others as well, but violent people, in general, I don't need to associate with.

Add child abusers of any kind to that list. Fuck em.

Also, habitual offenders of any kind cannot be trusted and I would just steer clear of them. People like Cary Quattrocchi and his associates? Fuck them too. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Rape, anything to do with harming Kids (do not mean disciplinary normal shit) I cannot forgive and think the offenders should be shot. Please note I do not believe in date rape, I changed my mind while I was getting gang banged. Rape means someone forces you period with harm or threat of harm, and that’s someone should get executed IMO.

Most other cases I think are BS and do a huge disservice to woman who have had to deal with Actual violent rape. (if you want to flame me start another thread)

All other crimes that I can think of all depends on the situation. I can find reasons to justify murder theft assault it all depends.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The reason I said nothing involving children is because I think we would all agree "anything" involving a child is something no one could look past!!!
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Would all be very situation dependant for me. Can't say I have a hard and fast rule.

Darius11

Rape, anything to do with harming Kids (do not mean disciplinary normal shit) I cannot forgive and think the offenders should be shot. Please note I do not believe in date rape, I changed my mind while I was getting gang banged. Rape means someone forces you period with harm or threat of harm, and that’s someone should get executed IMO.

Most other cases I think are BS and do a huge disservice to woman who have had to deal with Actual violent rape. (if you want to flame me start another thread)

All other crimes that I can think of all depends on the situation. I can find reasons to justify murder theft assault it all depends.

This is not a flame, but an honest disagreement.

Rape is ANY sexual force. It doesn't matter HOW that choice is taken away. It's all about the power imbalance. Therein lies the harm (or threat of).

The aftermath is often no less traumatic for those whose choice is taken away by other means.

I say this as someone who's been attacked ( violently ) in my own shower.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9