skinnay

Dumb ass social conservatives

Your right that does offend me,am I suppose to not be offended? I try to be respectful of other beliefs and opinions even though they are very different then my own. I also think that people can have a discussion without such a statement being made.
FYI: my family has dealt with such statements for generations.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Would the children of homosexual childen have a higher likelihood of "becoming" homosexual themselves?

Again: no. Sexuality is biologically predetermined in the brain at birth.

I'm not aware of and body of studies that supports that conclusion decisively.

If sexuality is purely biological then how would you reconcile the cycle of child sexual abuse? Were people just born destined to enter into and perpetuate those kinds of sexual relationships? I like reptiles too. :)

People, for the most part are "sexual" however you would like to contextualize that... I don't disagree, but to disregard environmental factors makes no sense. I fully understand why there is a great desire to find a "gay" gene and there are advocates who will in plain English tell you why they would very much like to discover said gene.

I don't see how entertaining the debate of nurture vs. nature is in any way homophobic and as previously mentioned I don't see any evidence that the debate has been settled, despite how much people would like to see it settled.

Again, I'm not advocating against those who have sexual orientations in the minority from having a family with children... I'm just saying the debate is much more interesting then the marriage debate and the "right" answer is much more difficult to arrive at since you are not just talking about two consenting adults.

Your right that does offend me,am I suppose to not be offended? I try to be respectful of other beliefs and opinions even though they are very different then my own. I also think that people can have a discussion without such a statement being made.
FYI: my family has dealt with such statements for generations.

If I said "I don't think white women should fuck niggers, that's just my belief", are you going to respect my beliefs?

I want to interject a thought; it seems that it's something that the pro-gay marriage proponents don't understand, and the religious don't seem to be able to articulate.

If something is against the moral code that one believes in, it is not possible to vote to allow it without going against ones conscience.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I think I violated forum rules. UGH

What rule? You're allowed to be offended, you're allowed to offend others. You're allowed to call all kinds of people names, just not posters here (no PAs).

I'll admit, sometimes, it is difficult, because many times, people here want to argue the person, not the issue. [:/] Very often, people forget that other's opinions, especially regarding religion are just as important to them as their own.

It is a fine line when a thread is titled "Dumb ass social conservatives" and dealing with a poster here who is conservative. The OP has, in a way, implied that that poster is a Dumb ass, and very often it bleeds over to the poster.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I do in theory support a constitutional amendment that states that marriage should be defined between a man and a woman. But, its ok that we disagree on this:)

So, you support amending the constitution to force everybody to live according to your religious beliefs. Which means that you disagree with the first amendment guarantee of religious freedom. Do you consider yourself to be an American? What kind of country do you really want the USA to be? Remember, there is no constitutional guarantee that you will never be offended by someone else's behavior. Do you really want to change that? What if someone else is offended by something you do, something that doesn't harm them but that they just dislike? Should you be forced to change, just so they won't be "offended"?

Don

I want to interject a thought; it seems that it's something that the pro-gay marriage proponents don't understand, and the religious don't seem to be able to articulate.

If something is against the moral code that one believes in, it is not possible to vote to allow it without going against ones conscience.

Well, that's fine. But discrimination goes farther against many people's moral code than does something in the Old Testament.

They used the exact same arguments against interracial marriage that they are using against gay marriage.
That it is "against the Bible", that it will destroy the sanctity of marriage, that it will lead to people marrying animals, and on and on and on.

And Promise5 - How can you be respectful of other people's opinions, and at the same time call for legal discrimination against an entire group of people. If you don't like gay marriage, fine. Don't marry a woman.
But why do you feel it necessary to force your beliefs on everyone else?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Actually, yeah, I believe that some child predators are born that way. It's unfortunate, but since they target children, it's not OK. People born that way who are also highly sexed are really fucked; it's not fair, but it's less fair to the rest of the world to just let them do what nature calls them to :|

There are a number of axes involved here; it's not either/or. Just 2 axes make a huge difference -- one being the "gayness/straightness" axis, combined with the "how strong is your sex drive" axis.

So -- is it better for someone who's more attracted to the same gender to be socially pressured into a marriage relationship that never feels right to them, or to deviate from that pressure in a relationship that does?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, that's fine. But discrimination goes farther against many people's moral code than does something in the Old Testament.

Then those people should vote their consciences.

They used the exact same arguments against interracial marriage that they are using against gay marriage.
That it is "against the Bible", that it will destroy the sanctity of marriage, that it will lead to people marrying animals, and on and on and on.

Ignorance abounds in all groups. I say this because I have never understood exactly which part of the bible (I feel) they are misinterpreting (speaking specifically about the interracial issue). At the same time, I see people who have never cracked a bible open, make broad-sweeping, and usually erroneous statements proclaiming that "this" or "that" is what Christians believe.

And Promise5 - How can you be respectful of other people's opinions, and at the same time call for legal discrimination against an entire group of people. If you don't like gay marriage, fine. Don't marry a woman. But why do you feel it necessary to force your beliefs on everyone else?

Just a thought, here, but isn't that essentially what you're doing here when you want her, or anyone else who feels that it is wrong, to vote against their beliefs?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I think its a leap to go from gay marriage to interracial marriage.(there is only one race and that is human,many different ethnic backgrounds). Not, sure who the "they" are. You cannot use the bible to support that argument, and yes I would tell any Christian that does that they are dead wrong.
Believe me I tried.

You cannot use the bible to support that argument,

Miss, you can use the bible to support any argument.

Your right anything "can" be used to support an argument.
Any suggestions on what I can use to support a small argument I'm having over wether or not I made my first jump???:P
Believe me I tried.

Any suggestions on what I can use to support a small argument I'm having over wether or not I made my first jump???:P

Sure. Over in the other forum.

Sure. Over in the other forum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/lauren-drain-westboro-baptist-church-fred-phelps-gay-experience_n_2877987.html

Chuck

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/15/politics/portman-gay-marriage/index.html

Well look at that; his son is gay and can now finally open his eyes to the rights of other humans. What a fucking revelation :|

Morons.

Made me lol as well.

Not sure if this link will work, but something I saw floating around FB on the same topic. I'd bet this dude didn't vote for Romney

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151358994632734&set=pb.24470472733.-2207520000.1363453763&type=3&theater

What kind of a confident man sure in his sexuality would have a stupid ass picture

[like the one you have in your profile]

You just answered your own question for me.

Thanks

I would for sure. That has to be one of the funniest things Ive read as far as how to pick gay people out of a crowd. Hahaha.

I do in theory support a constitutional amendment that states that marriage should be defined between a man and a woman. But, its ok that we disagree on this:)

I do in theory support an amendment that states women can't vote or own property.

It has to do mostly with my religious views (that I want to press onto others) and my upbringing by women hating close minded people.

But its ok we disagree on this (I bet).

I think its a leap to go from gay marriage to interracial marriage.(there is only one race and that is human,many different ethnic backgrounds). Not, sure who the "they" are. You cannot use the bible to support that argument, and yes I would tell any Christian that does that they are dead wrong.

Actually it's simply a leap back in time. To pretty much any time before the late 80's to early 90's... And to deny that fact proves complete ignorance of the history of this country, and planet. And I'd be willing to bet a pretty large sum there are passages in the Bible describing marrying outside one's own class/tribe/religious sect.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee