skinnay

Dumb ass social conservatives

Sounds to me like Republicans in government only give a shit about social justice when it affects them personally.

Seems to be the common reaction, but...

why did Clinton sign the DOMA, and only now argue against it?
why did Obama say in 2008 that he believes marriage is between and man and a woman, and oppose gay marriage, only to champion it now?

Seems like politicians only give a shit about social justice if it won't affect them personally (ie, cost them their job). Now that most Democrats and increasing numbers of Republicans support gay rights, the politicians are switching to match.

>Well look at that; his son is gay and can now finally open his eyes to the rights of other
>humans. What a fucking revelation

I see this as an encouraging sign. Yet another politician recognizes that gays should have the same rights as everyone else. Often this happens when they realize that a family member or close friend is gay, and their worldview changes. "Wow, I thought these activist gays with their militant agendas were out to force homosexuality on kids. But my son is nothing like that."

That's not dumb ass, that's a revelation.

As more and more people are willing to "come out" this will happen more and more often - and soon even conservatives will be willing to extend rights to all sexual orientations.

>hhhhmmm i don't think so

I think so. In the last poll I saw, conservatives aged 45+ opposed gay marriage strongly (64 to 25%) - but conservatives aged 18-45 were exactly split (46-46%.) All those old conservatives are dying off, and the next generation of conservatives, who grew up with gay friends and family, will find it a lot less disturbing.

>Along with all numbers of people and species...... and children

Same sex marriage is like having sex with animals and children?

Hopefully you'll someday have a similar experience (realizing that your child or a close friend is really gay, and that they're not pedophiles or goatfuckers) and go through a similar revelation that this guy did.

>Along with all numbers of people and species...... and children

Same sex marriage is like having sex with animals and children?

Hopefully you'll someday have a similar experience (realizing that your child or a close friend is really gay, and that they're not pedophiles or goatfuckers) and go through a similar revelation that this guy did.

The arguments are already being made by groups for multi partner marriages and child sex

I have had my revelation

Yours is yet to come
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm in the 18-45 group and I will step waaaayyy out here. I believe that marriage should be defined as one man and one woman. Do I have friends that consider themselves gay, yes I do. But, that's a whole different can of junk
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

>The arguments are already being made by groups for multi partner marriages and
>child sex

Sure are. And arguments are being made to kill all the gays because they are perversions. Doesn't seem to bear on this, though.

As I said, your revelation is yet to come
Abraham Lincoln

I'm in the 18-45 group and I will step waaaayyy out here. I believe that marriage should be defined as one man and one woman. Do I have friends that consider themselves gay, yes I do. But, that's a whole different can of junk

care to humor us with any ethical rationale behind this?

care to humor us with any ethical rationale behind this?

It is most likely fair to say, her rationale is different than yours
Abraham Lincoln

the rationale behind?? marriage being defined by one man and one woman??
simply that I have the right to my conservative views just like someone has the right to their liberal ones.
Believe me I tried.

simply that I have the right to my conservative views just like someone has the right to their liberal ones.

Be prepared, the belittlement, vitriol, acusations and name calling are about to come your way
Abraham Lincoln

surely there's some logic and reason behind it, right?

Just like everyone else. It comes in part my upbringing,in part my religious views and beliefs and in part what I've chosen to believe myself through my own life and experiences. Isn't that how we all come to believe what we do??
Believe me I tried.