skinnay

Dumb ass social conservatives

I don't see it like that,

He's been a leading Republican voice on economic issues for four decades.

Though he is a staunch conservative, Portman was never outspoken against gay marriage. But he consistently voted against it.

Will Portman told his father and mother he is gay two years ago, when he was a freshman at Yale University.

Sounds to me it wasn't an issue he was that interested in and just went with the official party line.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Sounds to me like Republicans in government only give a shit about social justice when it affects them personally.

this is cool

We will not longer hear any bitching from you about using a wide brush

correct?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sounds to me like Republicans in government only give a shit about social justice when it affects them personally.

Define social justice. What does that term mean to you?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Define social justice. What does that term mean to you?

I get mine, and fuck the rest of youse. Why do you ask?

OK, not a serioius answer. I'll give a better answer after I get this thing I'm working on off my desk.

Just like Democrats, who will tax anyone but themselves. Or gun control backers with armed bodyguards and CCW permits. Or anti-death penalty people who haven't had a family member killed. Or urbanites who have zero interest in issues affecting where their food is grown. Or famous people who don't give a shit about a disease until they get it, then want to raise awareness of themselves, I mean, the disease. Or...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/15/politics/portman-gay-marriage/index.html

Well look at that; his son is gay and can now finally open his eyes to the rights of other humans. What a fucking revelation :|

Morons.

So you're saying Democrats have the market cornered on human rights? Do you really want to play that game?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/15/politics/portman-gay-marriage/index.html

Well look at that; his son is gay and can now finally open his eyes to the rights of other humans. What a fucking revelation :|

Morons.

So you're saying Democrats have the market cornered on human rights? Do you really want to play that game?

Focus. He's complaining about Mormons.

You could say that...and more, but you could say the same of democrats.

You could say it about everybody. Expecting anybody to actually understand something without firsthand experience is ridiculous.

It's like a woman who has never been pregnant claiming to understand what being pregnant is like. Or a man claiming to understand it. No - I don't because I can't understand it.

But to play it safe, I take the word of people who have been there and done that. While not understanding it, I'll acknowledge it. It's something that - quite understandably - most people don't do. And the worst at it are politicians.

You could say that...and more, but you could say the same of democrats.

That's human nature. Most people (in or out of government) don't care about most things, unless or until it affects them personally.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

So you havent told him yet.

You should really do that.

Its possible you might not have as much hatred for those who dont sypmathize with your cause.

You know you're not helping your fellow social conservatives against my claims, right?

It's like a woman who has never been pregnant claiming to understand what being pregnant is like. Or a man claiming to understand it.

Pfft. I lived it. My wife's pregnancies were very hard on me.

I'm with you there.