skinnay

Dumb ass social conservatives

Ok, I've said this over and over, but here it goes, again: Our system allows for voting for what we believe is the right thing to do. Most people ( Of those who vote, anyway) vote for what they believe is the right thing (however they determine what that is).

Then I'll say this over and over again as well: 'because I can' is not a valid explanation for why you would vote to deny someone else the right to do something which does not affect you in any way.

For what it's worth, I haven't even stated any opinion on gay marriage.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

the rationale behind?? marriage being defined by one man and one woman??
simply that I have the right to my conservative views just like someone has the right to their liberal ones.

All because you have a right to that view, does not give you the right to impose that on others..... which is what republicans try to do. They think only people within their view should have the right to marry. They used to think that about blacks marrying whites too.

Oh, how times have changed and will change. What side of history will you be on? I know if I were against blacks marrying whites back in the day, I would be sure as shit embarrassed to admit I was on that particular side of history.

ETA: I shouldn't say republicans. I guess I should have said social conservatives, which FWIW, tend to be republican, but it's not all republicans I guess.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Then I'll say this over and over again as well: 'because I can' is not a valid explanation for why you would vote to deny someone else the right to do something which does not affect you in any way.

Actually, it's a perfectly valid reason.

Yes it is - but I didn't say 'reason', I said 'explanation', and I used the word I meant to use.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Open the flood gates and make it: ANYTHING GOES. Forget morals, respect
>and decencency. Forget laws and social contracts.

If that's the way you want to live, go for it.

>And guess what, people were sexually promiscous and they did die and they are
>dying still.

Yep. And nowadays you can be sexually conservative and still die of AIDS.

>Let's just turn this dog and pony show into a dog a pony show, with people doing
>what ever in the hell they want

You SHOULD do whatever the hell you want. If you're not - then make the changes in your life so you can do what you want. It's foolish to live your life being miserable doing what someone else wants you to do.

> And perhaps there soon won't be any deviat behavior as any and all behavior
>will be labeled normal.

Well, hopefully any "deviant behavior" between consenting adults will be.

Perhaps if we're lucky humans will evolve into having both male and female organs then they can screw themselves. No longer would anyone one say: go fuck yourself as that would be a given. Only then, we'd get more chatter perhaps including: who ya talking to buddie!:D
With the amount of pharm in our drinking water and as fish develop both male and female organs, it's only a matter of time. Glad I won't be here.

For what it's worth, I haven't even stated any opinion on gay marriage.

I meant the general 'you', not you in particular.

(I actually tried writing the post using 'one' instead but I couldn't make it work. I'm obviously not erudite enough for this interwebz communication.)

Let's just turn this dog and pony show into a dog a pony show, with people doing what ever in the hell they want...

As long as they are not causing harm to others, why should people not be able to do whatever they want?

without any recourse about who they might offend or even amuse

Being offended is not being hurt. You also have no constitutional right to never be offended, or amused for that matter. Some people are offended at the notion that all life on Earth evolved from a common ancestor, instead of being specially created within the last 6,000 years, or pulled out of a clam shell by a raven, or whatever creation myth you subscribe to. Should I have to avoid teaching about evolution because some people may be offended? If we were all forbidden to do anything that might be offensive to somebody, what would be left that we could do? Anyway, why do you care so much what other people think?

We are trending towards a liberal society where as someone on here put it: "The nuclear family is over." Whatever that is suppose to mean in an attempt that what was the norm, is now not the norm.

People said that about allowing women to vote, about allowing non-white-males to vote, and on and on. The nuclear family will always be the predominant arrangement, as most people are straight and I'd wager that most people find multiple partner relationships become complicated in emotionally hurtful ways. Still, other arrangements between consenting adults are possible, and as long as they work for the people involved I see no good reason to tell them that they have to abide by a one-size-fits-all model.

...learn why we're making this turn towards an idea that for the most part, is not normal for the masses

Is jumping from airplanes "normal for the masses"? If not, I guess we have to ban it.

Don

I'm sorry but you could probably find a poll that shows a trend in people believing that the moon is made of cheese. Polls are manipulated to show what you want them to.

Said every republican during the election. Look how that turned out :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

All because you have a right to that view, does not give you the right to impose that on others..... which is what republicans try to do.

those damn republicans are making me buy different light bulbs...those bastards

big or small, important or minor, social or fiscal - that's what both parties do (impose their opinions on others). When you make it one party (or cause) and not the other, then you really are in some freaky dreamworld.....the 'social' branch of both sides are all about trying to make the rest of us 'think and act' like they wish we would

we might all feel better over a large soda in New York....ooops...

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I’ve got to say what others are probably thinking.... SHENANIGANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNxCvDYpmxE

Near a 1000 posts in three months without a single skydive. This is either a school project on the sociology of web forums or a bet between some college students (I’ll guess the attempt for listing a jump# from falling down was for an extra case of beer). The picture of the young girl as an avatar is a clever ploy; is this a friend that lives in the dorm?

Interesting thought, and I'd like to believe it was true.

If it is a hoax, the 'real' person is very clever. Unlike the persona...

I'm sorry but you could probably find a poll that shows a trend in people believing that the moon is made of cheese. Polls are manipulated to show what you want them to.

Said every republican during the election. Look how that turned out :)

Post of the day:ph34r:

(I actually tried writing the post using 'one' instead but I couldn't make it work. I'm obviously not erudite enough for this interwebz communication.)

You are better at this communication platform than I am (of course, many would say that does not take much) (aimed at my limitations:$)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

;););)Personal attacks are very very clever. Good Job! When someone doesn't agree with me I don't feel the need to attack them personally but for those that do so be it.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

;););)Personal attacks are very very clever. Good Job! When someone doesn't agree with me I don't feel the need to attack them personally but for those that do so be it.

When they start accusing you of being Funks, you can take that as a compliment.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hhhhhmm, How do I get them to do that??:P:P:P

I believe that showing boobies is traditional way for a female to get a male to do something, and dz.com is well over 50% male.:):):):)

Guys, you can pay me later :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I believe that showing boobies is traditional way for a female to get a male to do something, and dz.com is well over 50% male.:):):):)

Wendy P.

That works for me!:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Wendy P.

Just showing any boobies?? I'm sure I can find some kid with a Barbie.:P:P
Believe me I tried.

Anyhow, you're not funks, you're RonD1120.

Nah, Ron would never have been able to pretend to be nice for this long. He'd have had a meltdown by page 3.

Or he would have explained how the conversions from gay to straight came at the same time as being "Saved" by Jesus.

I agree that it's not Ron. He wasn't banned or anything. He's off hiding in the Georgia mountains, waiting for Armageddon.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Wendy P.

Say, has anyone yet explained to P5 how to get extra altitude?
Considering they didn't even get the wheels off the ground for her last jump, this could be useful to her.:ph34r:

Anyhow, you're not funks, you're RonD1120.

Nah, Ron would never have been able to pretend to be nice for this long. He'd have had a meltdown by page 3.

No. He never "melted" down. If there was any danger to catch fire under the a**, he always disappeared by avoiding any answers. Skulk off, that's been order of the day. :ph34r: And walking away, hushed, nice and friendly ..... :P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

:P:P:P:P:P
Well, according to some I not only never was on a ladder i don't have a broken leg, never lived in WI or AK or CT, my family pretty much doesn't tell the truth and neither do I. I've also been referred to as a man because I wear a turtle neck and I don't even have man boobs let alone boobies. I'm someone's college project/hoax, and far from clever. Did I miss anything?? Holy Crap I forgot I probably don't have a bulldog named Roxy either.:o
Please realize I'm teasing:P
Bruno
Believe me I tried.