toolbox

Georgia mother shoots home invader

Can't be that good a shot - five out of six rounds from a .38 to the face and neck at close quarters and he lived.

Damn, HE LIVED!!! give it sometime, a lib will bring a suit against her and her homeowner's policy and demand millions for pain and suffering. Hell, there is a chance they might seek jail time for this mother for being an evil racist.:P

Wait until Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get wound up.
Next thing you know,the black panthers will have a bounty on her head,and the feds will demand a grand jury enditement for attempted murder and a hate crime.
They might even go after the kids as co defendants, since they did nothing to stop mom from attacking this poor under privileged young man.

Wait until Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get wound up.
Next thing you know,the black panthers will have a bounty on her head,and the feds will demand a grand jury enditement for attempted murder and a hate crime.
They might even go after the kids as co defendants, since they did nothing to stop mom from attacking this poor under privileged young man.

I know we both are poking fun at this event...but somehow it wouldn't surprize me if we see this poor women and her children in court.

Hell if this had happened in New York, she would been placed in jail. Her in Texas, we would be planning a parade in her behalf.:D

Wait until Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get wound up. Next thing you know,the black panthers will have a bounty on her head,andthe feds will demand a grand jury enditement for attempted murder and a hate crime.They might even go afterthe kids as co defendants, sincethey did nothingto stop mom from attacking this poor under privileged young man.

I know we both are poking fun at this event...but somehow it wouldn't surprize me if we see this poor women and her children in court. Hell if this had happened in New York, she would been placed in jail. Her in Texas, we would be planning a parade in her behalf.:D

I don't see it as 'poking fun'. I see it as exposing the truth!! So many in this country think more about getting money, the 'easy' way. The hell with morals.

Chuck

Getting shot to death,clubbed to death,beaten to death,or stabbed to death is still death.
People have been killed by people for as long as there have been people.
If someone shoves a knife into your chest it could kill you and it makes no loud gunshot noise.
They kill each other in prison with toothbrushes and paper shanks.
Guns allow weaker people to defend themselves from much stronger things than themselves.Guns are equalizers.
True,guns are used by thugs to victimize others,but if they do not have guns,they just use something else.

So you think YOUR OP is just a waste of space then. So do I.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

...but somehow it wouldn't surprize me if we see this poor women and her children in court.

In Georgia? Home of the only city (Kennesaw) with an ordinance requiring homeowners to keep a gun? You're seriously ignorant about the subject of which you speak.

Don

Where do you get of telling me what I think?
Do you think because you are a professor or something,that no one else should have an opinion other than yours?
This mother of two young children using a gun to protect her family from a bad guy with a crowbar who has a record of violent crime is a perfect example of firearms protecting people who would otherwise be easy prey for the predators.
Like I've said,guns are equalizers.
What would you have had her do when this guy broke through multiple doors to get to her and her children?
Hell,she had already retreated away from the thug as far as she could to hide, and he cornered her.
Would you have had her simply sit in the crawl space and play dead?
Once again, I can't think of a better example of why law abiding citizens should have access to firearms than a mother hiding in a crawlspace protecting her family from a known violent offender in her own house.
Seems to me she could have used a higher capacity weapon myself,since she unloaded six rounds,hit the guy with five and still he did not go down.
What if he kept coming? What then? Maybe she could ask for a time out from the aggressor while she reloaded huh?

Gee, lucky she had a gun in the house!
You Gun freaks must be right after all, lets arm everyone and then everyone will be safe! It all makes perfect sense now!
I just hope that neither of this ladies kids who have grown up with guns as a very normal part of their lives (Hell, she might even teach them to shoot when they are old enough if they are good and eat their veggies!) don’t grow up to be loners, slightly awkward and even perhaps a little bit Mentality unstable and feel the need to take out their aggression & anger on innocents in a Shopping Mall, Cinema or School……
Nah, that will never happen…..
Arm everyone!, still the best solution! In fact I think it’s time everyone had Grenades in their home as a means to “Protect themselves” isn’t it? Surely the Constitution is due for an upgrade?, Military Style assault rifles just cant cut it anymore against the Bad Guys.
America, F….. Yeah!!

...but somehow it wouldn't surprize me if we see this poor women and her children in court.

In Georgia? Home of the only city (Kennesaw) with an ordinance requiring homeowners to keep a gun? You're seriously ignorant about the subject of which you speak.

Don

GeorgiaDon, take a couple of deep breaths man. I guess you missed the part "poking fun"...and my statement was not a statement of fact...just a statement.

No I do not think that Lisa. But NOT having Guns in the house might actually limit the options of the mentality unstable types should they go off the deep end….
But what do I know, I come from a country that doesn’t have a mass shooting every month or so, you guys are the experts..

No I do not think that Lisa. But NOT having Guns in the house might actually limit the options of the mentality unstable types should they go off the deep end….
But what do I know, I come from a country that doesn’t have a mass shooting every month or so, you guys are the experts..

It's not having them in the house, it's having them accessible to those who may misuse them.

I suppose people would consider me pro gun(choice). But I will not condone irresponsible gun ownership.

Side note here: Beyond all other possible reasons for the gun tragedies here, part of the sheer numbers is that we have a huge population compared with many, if not most, other places cited in the "comparison statistics."
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

That gun was used in a 100% self defensive way.
She could have just shot him when he broke through the first door,but instead she retreated away with her children to hide behind two more doors.
If the thug had not gone after them,he would not have been shot.
This mother did not shoot to protect her property,but rather to protect her family when she was cornered with no other means of retreat.
What do they do in australia,hide behind the kids or click their hills together and chant there is no place like home?

Dude, I get your point but can you even acknowledge that it’s all getting a little bit out of control?
There is more crime: let’s get MORE guns!! Kids being attacked at School or in the streets: Let’s give them guns!
Where does it stop? How crazy does it need to get? who gets to decide who is mentally stable and mature enough to have the guns and use them responsibly? Can you at least admit that there are a LOT of people out there, possibly your own neighbours that although they aren’t "Bad" people they really shouldn’t have a gun.... I mean we all know a lot of people who are a little simple or nuts or dumb that (over here in Aus at least) I am personally kind of thankful that it is at least very hard for them to get a gun.
Every day (even in Australia) we hear news of pissed off Psychos getting out of their cars and bashing someone enough to put them in hospital simply because they might have accidently cut them off in traffic. There are way too many people out there today who have very little self-control and snap when they are angry or stressed. Do you really want these guys having a gun? How do you know who is capable of doing what when you issue them with permission to get a gun?
I’m not saying Ban the guns.
What I have yet to see is an intelligent answer to the big question: How do you decide to gets them? It’s all good and well to say the innocents need to be armed to fight the “Bad Guys”, but in this day and age with some very broke and desperate people out there, who are the “Bad Guys”?
This is not the wild west anymore where the Baddies basically had a badge saying I’m a “Bad guy”.

How about giving in to your emotions when you talk. I have never advocated for everyone to have a firearm. There are lots of people who should never have on in their hands. However I should have to right to defend myself against anyone who wishes to do harm on me or my family. Unlike you I wish I NEVER have to use my firearm...to which I am highly trained on...on another human being. But if it does happen...I will annihilate anyone that wishes to do harm to me or my family. I refuse to bend over and take it. How many years have you spent in the military?

I agree. Not only a large number of people,but a large number of different groups.
The melting pot is probably the most diverse ever seen by mankind.
The US welcomes almost everyone and then bends over backwards to make sure that their rights are protected.
Even illegal immigrants are treated better here than anywhere else in the world.
There are over 300 million citizens in the US and we share our border to the south with a truly dangerous country that spills violence upon the US like a tidal wave.
I'm not trying to offend anyone,but thats just the way it is.

Wow, I guess you really told me then they?
Give in to my emotions when I talk? how about practising what you preach champ.
So being in the Military makes you an instant expert on Gun Control does it? Oh, and to answer your question I was in the Military for around 5 years, not that it matters one little bit.
How stupid I was trying to “discuss” merits of gun control with Gun crazy Americans, like trying to convince a Fat chick that Diet Coke won’t make her Slim….
I have generally found most Skydivers around the world to usually be a little more open-minded than the rest of community but I guess there are exceptions to the rule.
Have fun guys.

Yes! I also have no desire to harm anyone with a gun or anything else.
I would only use force if I had no other alternative.
I do not even like the idea of killing an animal.
I have killed animals for food and once in self defense and it was not very sporting at all.
A gun do's not make you tough,but it can save lifes as well as destroy them.

and yet the first headline posted by msn was "Trigger-happy Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times."

(they have since edited it due to reader complaints)

screenshot of original story http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/palegoose/triggerhappy_zpsee0ba93a.jpg

Wow. I don't care which side of the issue you are on. That is outrageously biased journalism. The article makes it clear that she retreated and hid to get away from the man and he kept coming for her and her children. She did the only reasonable thing she could have done. Calling her trigger happy is incredible. Apparently, mothers no longer have the right to defend their children. We have lost it...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Exactly! They'll have to use a crowbar to chase young mothers and their children until cornered. And deprived of the ability to protect themselves...

Wait... On further reflection, your argument in this case is ludicrous. There are sensible arguments for regulating gun ownership and use. There is nothing in this fact pattern that can be used to support that argument. A sensible person would concede that this event is a good argument for private ownership of firearms and move on to other aspects of the debate.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

911 calls. Husband and neighbor.

Alleged dumb ass criminal didn't have the sense to call 911 for himself, after he was shot.

You have to read the last statement in the article.:D

Wife had the perfect opportunity to pull a dirty Harry telling the alleged suspect to stay down, but I don't blame her for getting out of the house since .38 was empty.

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/10/bone-chilling-911-audio-of-georgia-women-shooting-home-invader-audio-video/