CSpenceFLY

Ammendment to The Constitution of the United States

Absolutely zero chance of going anywhere. My guess is the guy who introduced it is currently being slapped around for being a dumbass.

Agreed. If anything, term limits are growing, not shrinking, in popularity.

I think, Congressmen and Senators be limited to two terms. Maybe, that would avoid any of them getting too powerful.

Chuck

Absolutely zero chance of going anywhere. My guess is the guy who introduced it is currently being slapped around for being a dumbass.

Agreed. If anything, term limits are growing, not shrinking, in popularity.

I think, Congressmen and Senators be limited to two terms. Maybe, that would avoid any of them getting too powerful. Chuck

I used to be opposed to term limits for the legislative branch, but I've recently been coming around to the other side. Potential problem with too short a term limit is that you lose institutional memory and experience, plus the newbies will always be led around by the nose by the lobbyists.

I agree w/2 terms for Senator = 12 years. I'd be ok w/4-term limit for Congressmen; that would be 8 years. (4 yrs just seems too short to me.)

Having spent some time with these people, it seems to me that one year of every term is spent doing absolutely nothing but running for the next term. We need to have 4 year terms for Congress with a limit of 2. Then they should have to live on Social Security and whatever pension they put away, or another job, like the rest of us do.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Having spent some time with these people, it seems to me that one year of every term is spent doing absolutely nothing but running for the next term.

Truth be told, it's most of every year of every term. Most people would be shocked at the sheer quantity of time Senators and Congressmen spend, virtually every day, raising money for reelection.

It is my Constitutional Right to elect whomever I want to represent me as many times as I want to elect them. Trampling on this right because you don't like embedded politicians is not the answer. Educating voters and more disclosures of financial trails and dealings is a better solution.

It is my Constitutional Right to elect whomever I want to represent me as many times as I want to elect them.

Yes and no.

The 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution sets the 2-term limit for President; and most states' constitutions set term limits for their respective governors.

It would (IMPO) require an amendment of the US Constitution to set term limits for Congress.

Trampling on this right because you don't like embedded politicians is not the answer. Educating voters and more disclosures of financial trails and dealings is a better solution.

That's probably among the stronger arguments in opposition to term limits.

It is my Constitutional Right to elect whomever I want to represent me as many times as I want to elect them. Trampling on this right because you don't like embedded politicians is not the answer. Educating voters and more disclosures of financial trails and dealings is a better solution.

Except for the President.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So you would be good with a four or five term Obama?

So you would be good with a four or five term Obama?

If any recent Prez were to be allowed >2 terms I suspect the people's choice would be Clinton.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Id be more inclined to bring bill back than to live in a country ran by hillary.

..or whatshisname currently screwing us.

Saying his name leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Saying Clinton's name leaves a bad taste in Monica's mouth.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239