SkydiveJonathan

"Occupy has been successful...for one very simple reason; they are right"

http://www.newstatesman.com/business/2012/10/occupy-has-been-successfulfor-one-very-simple-reason-they-are-right

Andrew Haldane, a member of the Bank of England’s financial policy committee, said the Occupy movement was both morally and intellectually right to challenge the international financial system. In a speech last night called Socially Useful Banking, Haldane said the activists, who held sustained demonstrations in both the City of London and New York, had helped to bring about a "reformation" of the finance sector.

I think there are some new reforms about rape, defecating in the streets and hygiene.....:S

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

He continued:

Occupy’s voice has been both loud and persuasive and that policymakers have listened and are acting in ways which will close those fault-lines. In fact, I want to argue that we are in the early stages of a reformation of finance, a reformation which Occupy has helped stir ... You have put the arguments. You have helped win the debate. And policymakers, like me, will need your continuing support in delivering that radical change.

Barclays and Lloyds seek to change their "sales-oriented culture" and return to their Quaker roots, the BBC reports Haldane said. "There is the quiet, but unmistakable, sound of a leaf being turned. If I am right and a new leaf is being turned, then Occupy will have played a key role in this fledgling financial reformation. You have put the arguments. You have helped win the debate. And policymakers, like me, will need your continuing support in delivering that radical change."

He continued:

Occupy’s voice has been both loud and persuasive and that policymakers have listened and are acting in ways which will close those fault-lines. In fact, I want to argue that we are in the early stages of a reformation of finance, a reformation which Occupy has helped stir ... You have put the arguments. You have helped win the debate. And policymakers, like me, will need your continuing support in delivering that radical change.

Barclays and Lloyds seek to change their "sales-oriented culture" and return to their Quaker roots, the BBC reports Haldane said. "There is the quiet, but unmistakable, sound of a leaf being turned. If I am right and a new leaf is being turned, then Occupy will have played a key role in this fledgling financial reformation. You have put the arguments. You have helped win the debate. And policymakers, like me, will need your continuing support in delivering that radical change."

I think the guy who wrote this smokes and snorts with Obama
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

He continued:

Answer the question, what reforms have happened that occupy is responsible for?

Care to enlighten us on the reforms that were a direct result of the Occupiers?

I was in New York on business a few weeks back. While visiting the Financial District I came across 8 Occupy Wallstreet hold outs asking for money, food donations and cigeretts.

Damn bunch of losera if you ask me...still living on the streets with their hands out. Maybe Sandy was able to sweep them off the streets, or at least give them a much needed bath.

I think the guy who wrote this smokes and snorts with Obama

Guy just called into a talkshow and says he is a retired high ranking officer of the DEA. He says it is clear that Bush is Obama's dealer.

:D:D

I figured Obama got his stuff straight from the gov labs

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Haldane hit out at criticisms that the Occupy movement’s complaints have been vague and undefined, with few solid solutions offered.

“Occupy’s voice has been both loud and persuasive and that policymakers have listened and are acting in ways which will close those fault-lines,” Haldane said.

The Bank’s executive director for financial stability, who sits on its new super-regulator – the Financial Policy Committee – cited “deep and rising inequality” as a primary cause of the global financial crisis.
Last week Haldane compared large banks to “King Kong and Godzilla” while suggesting considerably higher capital buffer requirements, or the full separation of investment and commercial banking.

Haldane hit out at criticisms that the Occupy movement’s complaints have been vague and undefined, with few solid solutions offered.

“Occupy’s voice has been both loud and persuasive and that policymakers have listened and are acting in ways which will close those fault-lines,” Haldane said.

The Bank’s executive director for financial stability, who sits on its new super-regulator – the Financial Policy Committee – cited “deep and rising inequality” as a primary cause of the global financial crisis.
Last week Haldane compared large banks to “King Kong and Godzilla” while suggesting considerably higher capital buffer requirements, or the full separation of investment and commercial banking.

:D:D

You keep posting this crap but you cant answer a question as to any change that been put in place because of your dirty heros

Laughable
Abraham Lincoln

Meanwhile Occupy continue to grow globally because they are right.

Meanwhile

the question remains unaswered

I will ask another

Where are they growing?

They sure as hell are not growing here in the us
Abraham Lincoln

Occupy is growing in the US - loads of places. Keep up.

Yeah. I compare OWS to where it was a year ago. There sure are a lot less rapes, ODs and thefts on the streets.

Credibility increases a lot when you admit reality: OWS is as relevant as the YAF.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Don't worry they're building up nicely.

Near as I can tell, the 'occupiers' are nothing but a bunch of dead-beat bums looking for a hand-out when they should be looking for a job! Wanting someone else to 'give' them what they should be working for. Just more entitlement bull-crap!

Chuck

Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We are using the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic to achieve our ends and encourage the use of nonviolence to maximize the safety of all participants.

Leaderless and dis-organized beggars!! You are all just envious that someone else has more than you! I say, get-off your dead butts and do something productive like... work! You'll be surprised how much farther you'll get!

edit to add: I take it, that skydivin' videographer job didn't work-out?

Chuck

Don't worry they're building up nicely.

that means one guy, on the street, defecating publicly is building up a large pile of shit

until his parents come get him and take him home

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We Are The 99%

No you're not. I am part of the 99% and guess where I was today. Instead of occupying some street corner or park and/or posting mindless drivel on an internet forum, I was at work. So stop saying I am one of you, because that is pure bullshit. I will never ever be one of you. You do NOT represent the 99%.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over