RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

A liberal scientist, OK.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Ron doesn't believe in reality.

And you dont believe in civility

Which doesn't detract from the validity of the comment.

Oh, but it does

But since you and Ron are also both very rude there's no reason why I should believe you.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

But since you and Ron are also both very rude there's no reason why I should believe you.

I dont care if you do or not
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

Not much point commenting then.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How do you determine fantasy from reality?

I seek reality checks from people whom I respect and value their wisdom. An example would be my fellow counselor's when I was employed. Another would be the pastor or elders in my church. My wife is excellent at defining reality. Do you have one?

So you are saying you compare your belief with others of similar beliefs? And you really think that's a good way to determine if your belief is a fantasy??

All that does is reinforce your beliefs and never challenges them.

I use reality checks to explore and validate or negate my fantasy. My beliefs are not challenged in that regard at all. My beliefs are challenged in their applications.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You are not a believer. Therefore, your question is irrelevant. I am a believer and my beliefs are validated by the Word of God, my personal experience and my fellowship with other believers.

There you go. Sh*t.

And I always was of the opinion, the lord loves all of them, all of his children, even the least of his *kids*.

And now you say, he (the poster you replied to) is no *believer* and thus, his question is irrelevant (he is irrelevant?).

What an idiotic logic is that.

Who's the liar, you or your lord?

:(

edited for typo

beowulf has been quite adamant in proclaiming his non-belief.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You seem to claim that right, wrong, good, evil and morality are entities of themselves. Yet, you provide nothing to support your claims. How can I tell your beliefs from fantasy?

You can't. My beliefs are my best attempt to hopefully make just a little sense out of the chaos.
You keep denying spiritual reality by claiming lack of proof. Just look in the mirror, the fact that you can identify yourself is a spiritual phenomenon. Matter, energy or any law of physics does not have self awareness. Nor do they have anything to do with morality. Love is always superior to hate, empathy is much more
desirable than apathy, self-deification is despicable, self-denial & surrender are the keys that unlocks spiritual Truth.

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

Yet you did
Abraham Lincoln

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

Yet you did

And you've now commented twice on something you don't care about.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

Yet you did

And you've now commented twice on something you don't care about.;)

Comprehsion problems again today
Abraham Lincoln

Today from O. Chambers:

The Proper Perspective

Oct242012
Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ . . . —2 Corinthians 2:14

The proper perspective of a servant of God must not simply be as near to the highest as he can get, but it must be the highest. Be careful that you vigorously maintain God’s perspective, and remember that it must be done every day, little by little. Don’t think on a finite level. No outside power can touch the proper perspective.

The proper perspective to maintain is that we are here for only one purpose— to be captives marching in the procession of Christ’s triumphs. We are not on display in God’s showcase— we are here to exhibit only one thing— the “captivity [of our lives] to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5). How small all the other perspectives are! For example, the ones that say, “I am standing all alone, battling for Jesus,” or, “I have to maintain the cause of Christ and hold down this fort for Him.” But Paul said, in essence, “I am in the procession of a conqueror, and it doesn’t matter what the difficulties are, for I am always led in triumph.” Is this idea being worked out practically in us? Paul’s secret joy was that God took him as a blatant rebel against Jesus Christ, and made him a captive— and that became his purpose. It was Paul’s joy to be a captive of the Lord, and he had no other interest in heaven or on earth. It is a shameful thing for a Christian to talk about getting the victory. We should belong so completely to the Victor that it is always His victory, and “we are more than conquerors through Him . . .” (Romans 8:37).

“We are to God the fragrance of Christ . . .” (2 Corinthians 2:15). We are encompassed with the sweet aroma of Jesus, and wherever we go we are a wonderful refreshment to God.

You seem to claim that right, wrong, good, evil and morality are entities of themselves. Yet, you provide nothing to support your claims. How can I tell your beliefs from fantasy?

You can't. My beliefs are my best attempt to hopefully make just a little sense out of the chaos.
You keep denying spiritual reality by claiming lack of proof. Just look in the mirror, the fact that you can identify yourself is a spiritual phenomenon. Matter, energy or any law of physics does not have self awareness. Nor do they have anything to do with morality. Love is always superior to hate, empathy is much more
desirable than apathy, self-deification is despicable, self-denial & surrender are the keys that unlocks spiritual Truth.

Again you are making a claim with no evidence to support it.

Just look in the mirror, the fact that you can identify yourself is a spiritual phenomenon.

How do you come to this conclusion? What evidence to you have to support it?

Matter, energy or any law of physics does not have self awareness. Nor do they have anything to do with morality.

Not sure why you threw this in, no one has made that assertion.

Love is always superior to hate, empathy is much more

You have yet to establish that there is any such thing as spirit much less a "spritual Truth", whatever that is supposed to mean. "self-denial & surrender" sounds more like gullibility.

Again you are long on assertions and extremely short on evidence.

How do you determine fantasy from reality?

I seek reality checks from people whom I respect and value their wisdom. An example would be my fellow counselor's when I was employed. Another would be the pastor or elders in my church. My wife is excellent at defining reality. Do you have one?

So you are saying you compare your belief with others of similar beliefs? And you really think that's a good way to determine if your belief is a fantasy??

All that does is reinforce your beliefs and never challenges them.

I use reality checks to explore and validate or negate my fantasy. My beliefs are not challenged in that regard at all. My beliefs are challenged in their applications.

It doesn't appear that you are doing any reality checks if all you are doing is comparing your beliefs to others with similar beliefs.

Your application of your beliefs are done with the assumption that your beliefs are reflecting reality.

If your beliefs can't hold up to questioning or challenges then they are worthless. How are your beliefs in a supernatural deity distinguishable from fantasy? If you can't answer that then it is a fantasy.