RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

Prove that there is any such thing as a spiritual component. It's something people made up to explain what they didn't understand. No one has ever come up with any evidence to support the existence of any spiritualism.

You guys make a lot of claims with zero objective evidence to even suggest that your claims are true.

You opinions along with everyone else's is proof of the "non physical" or spiritual side of reality. The laws of physics are incapable of an opinion and have no concern for what anyone believes. Right or wrong, good or bad is totally a spiritual construct. Since we exist with an innate spirituality, spiritual reality is a very real part of nature.

How is that distinguishable from fantasy? Prove that there is an "innate sprituality".

No they are not. Right, wrong, good and evil are words defined and constantly being redifined by humans. They are not entities of them selves as you seem to think. .

Definitions are irrelevant, define them any way you want. But to ignore their existence is blind ignorance. Physics is totally unconcerned with morality. The laws of physics will kill and destroy as easily as they will build up and heal. It is our spiritual awareness that determines how we use physics.

No they are not. Right, wrong, good and evil are words defined and constantly being redifined by humans. They are not entities of them selves as you seem to think. .

Definitions are irrelevant, define them any way you want. But to ignore their existence is blind ignorance. Physics is totally unconcerned with morality. The laws of physics will kill and destroy as easily as they will build up and heal. It is our spiritual awareness that determines how we use physics.

Prove that they are entities by themselves. Morality is defined by humans and is constantly being redefined. There is no such thing as "spiritual awareness". Show me objective evidence to support your claim.

The majority of christians don't derive their morality entirely from the bible. If they did then slavery would be considered morally correct. No where in the bible does it denounce slavery. The bible gives instructions regarding who you can enslave and how you treat your slaves.

My Utmost For His Highest
The attitude of the believer must be, "Things do look black, but I believe Him; and when the whole thing is told I am confident my belief will be justified and God will be revealed as a God of love and justice." It does not mean that we won't have problems, but it does mean that our problems will never come between us and our faith in Him. ~Oswald Chambers
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The attitude of the believer must be, "Things do look black, but I believe Him; and when the whole thing is told I am confident my belief will be justified and God will be revealed as a God of love and justice." It does not mean that we won't have problems, but it does mean that our problems will never come between us and our faith in Him. ~Oswald Chambers

How is that distinguishable from fantasy?

It is a belief. When I started grad school one of my first homework assignments was to distinguish between feelings, beliefs and fantasies.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It is a belief. When I started grad school one of my first homework assignments was to distinguish between feelings, beliefs and fantasies.

That doesn't answer the question. How is your belief distinguishable from fantasy?

That is an important question. If you can't distinguish your belief from fantasy then it is a fantasy.

What is his highest?

What is my utmost I have to *give* (?) to him? And why does he want me to give it to him???

I think I'd be in highest trouble if I'd go into deep desert and kill one of my kids for him ... ? Yes or no?

:|

His highest is the best for you. What He wants is your unconditional surrender. That surrender comes at the cross when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, ask Him to come into your life and you repent, that is reverse your thinking or change your mind.

That doesn't answer the question. How is your belief distinguishable from fantasy?

That is an important question. If you can't distinguish your belief from fantasy then it is a fantasy.

You are not a believer. Therefore, your question is irrelevant. I am a believer and my beliefs are validated by the Word of God, my personal experience and my fellowship with other believers.

How'd you score on that assignment?
:P

It was a discussion the following day and, I learned. The difference has more significance when working with clients who are dual diagnosed.

You are not a believer. Therefore, your question is irrelevant. I am a believer and my beliefs are validated by the Word of God, my personal experience and my fellowship with other believers.

So you don't have any objective evidence to distinguish your beliefs from fantasy?

The question is relevent to anyone wanting to validate their beliefs. If you can't objectively distinguish your beliefs from fantasy then it logically follows that your beliefs are fantasy.

There you go again, logic is determined by the parameters of the set.

How do you determine fantasy from reality?

I seek reality checks from people whom I respect and value their wisdom. An example would be my fellow counselor's when I was employed. Another would be the pastor or elders in my church. My wife is excellent at defining reality. Do you have one?

There you go again, logic is determined by the parameters of the set.

How do you determine fantasy from reality?

I seek reality checks from people whom I respect and value their wisdom. An example would be my fellow counselor's when I was employed. Another would be the pastor or elders in my church. My wife is excellent at defining reality. Do you have one?

So you are saying you compare your belief with others of similar beliefs? And you really think that's a good way to determine if your belief is a fantasy??

All that does is reinforce your beliefs and never challenges them.

There you go. Sh*t.

And I always was of the opinion, the lord loves all of them, all of his children, even the least of his *kids*.

And now you say, he (the poster you replied to) is no *believer* and thus, his question is irrelevant (he is irrelevant?).

What an idiotic logic is that.

Who's the liar, you or your lord?

:(

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

A liberal scientist, OK.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Ron doesn't believe in reality.

And you dont believe in civility

Next
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A liberal scientist, OK.

Which doesn't detract from the validity of the comment.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A liberal scientist, OK.

Which doesn't detract from the validity of the comment.

Oh, but it does
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln