RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

A liberal scientist, OK.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

Ron doesn't believe in reality.

And you dont believe in civility

Which doesn't detract from the validity of the comment.

Oh, but it does

But since you and Ron are also both very rude there's no reason why I should believe you.

I dont care if you do or not

Not much point commenting then.

Yet you did

Yeah, I did. Because what you say about your own motives does not neccessarily apply to me.

Can you comprehend that?

I understand that you are the one projecting here

Can you comprehend that?

No, because it's backwards.

You said that you didn't care, not me. Why should that have any impact on why I bother posting?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

But since you and Ron are also both very rude there's no reason why I should believe you.

Yet you did

Yeah, I did. Because what you say about your own motives does not neccessarily apply to me.

Can you comprehend that?

Can you comprehend that?

You said that you didn't care, not me. Why should that have any impact on why I bother posting?

No

I said you lacked civility
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A liberal scientist, OK.

Oh, but it does

Yet you did

Can you comprehend that?

Can you comprehend that?

No

I said you lacked civility

See that chain of replies we're both quoting? That means that you have said (gasp) more than just one thing in this thread. I know that's tricky to understand, but please make the effort

To make it easier for you, I've highlighted the bit where you said what you just claimed you didn't say.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ask yourself this...

What has religon God's Word predicted that has turned out to be true?

Try and be honest.

OK,

Jesus said if you hold to My teachings you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free. -CHECK

I came that you may have life and have it abundantly -CHECK

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. -CHECK

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. -CHECK

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure -CHECK

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control -CHECK

Ask yourself this...

What has religon God's Word predicted that has turned out to be true?

Try and be honest.

OK,

Jesus said if you hold to My teachings you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free. -CHECK

I came that you may have life and have it abundantly -CHECK

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. -CHECK

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. -CHECK

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure -CHECK

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control -CHECK

As far as I can tell that is all pure fantasy. What objective evidence do you have support it? Just quoting a book that was written a long time ago by unknown authors is not enough.

As far as I can tell that is all pure fantasy. What objective evidence do you have support it? Just quoting a book that was written a long time ago by unknown authors is not enough.

Out of curiosity, what are you hoping to achieve with this line of questions? You come across (to me) as an "evangelical atheist", intent on spreading the faith (or lack thereof). I'm reminded of a friend from back in Arizona, who used to come in to work on Christmas and Easter, take note of who was and who wasn't also at work, then later interrogate the absentees and accuse them of "going to church". There is a group who stands on street corners and give out Bibles one data year; this guy spent the whole day walking around campus collecting Bibles from these folks so he could throw them in the trash. He was an ass about this, frankly, though otherwise a fun person.

I, like you, see no rational reason to believe in supernatural beings. However, I also don't see any point in devoting a lot of energy to trying to convince others to abandon their beliefs, especially when those beliefs are central to their happiness. What is to be gained? As long as people don't try to force me to follow their belief systems, I have no right or interest in trying to force them to follow mine. Of course, if they demand that I teach creationism instead of evolution, or accuse me of being a minion of Satan (as my local member of Congress did recently), that's a different matter and I have to defend my beliefs. Otherwise, if faith makes people happy, who am I to insist that they change? I'm always happy to explain why I know evolution is true, or why I believe the Earth is 4 1/2 billion years old, or the Big Bang, and I'm always pleased when I see an idea take seed; but I don't take it personally if they can't (or don't want to) understand. Life is less stressful that way.

Don

Just asking questions to get people to think. This is entertainment. I don't really care what they believe in. They have made grand claims and act like they have evidence to support it. I am not taking this personally.

Oh good. Because if you were, I could pretty much assure you that you won't change their minds,and more than they would change yours. Also, if you met some of these people in person (as I have) you'd probably be impressed with how reasonable and considerate they are. Good people.

Cheers,
Don

You are most probably right.
Anyone that is taking anything on this forum seriously is going to be upset all of the time.

Outside of this forum I rarely talk about religion. I prefer to avoid it because I have found many religious people get very upset when they find out I don't believe anything they do. Not sure why they take it so personally.

Yeah, I can agree with you.

This is how I view it.

I find ironic and egotistical that many Christians consider themselves to be humble while at the same time believing there is an all know ing god looking out for them and that they "know" this god created everything.

The other irony is that many consider themselves to be a minority or that they are persecuted for their beliefs, despite Christians being the majority in this country.

---Because they aren't so sure themselves.

Got that right, that is why we trust in the power and wisdom of God.

--I find nothing so egotistical is a man thinking that the creator cares to follow his trivial life.

O come now, it is not that egotistical, look at how ordered the universe is. Everything and everyone has a purpose and a place of importance.

---Because they aren't so sure themselves.

Got that right, that is why we trust in the power and wisdom of God.

--I find nothing so egotistical is a man thinking that the creator cares to follow his trivial life.

O come now, it is not that egotistical, look at how ordered the universe is. Everything and everyone has a purpose and a place of importance.

I don't think the universe cares in the slightest whether I had Wheaties or Cheerios for breakfast.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.