RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

Today is Veterans Day. Take a ride up to Toccoa and spend the afternoon in the Currahee Military Museum. Study the artifacts and the words of the men honored there.

Thanks you for the invite, but I have to go in to work for a few hours, and then I'll be spending the rest of the day with my family. It takes some planning to get everyone to come over at the same time, so it would be quite rude to have them show up for dinner and find I've taken off for the day. It does look to be a beautiful day, and I hope you have a good one.

While you are there, try to imagine BHO as their leader.

I can easily imagine BHO as their leader. My father is Air Force (retired), by brother-in-law also Air Force (retired), and my brother is still in the Air Force. I appreciate a leader who will measure twice (or more!) before cutting. I despise leaders who waste the lives of our military, and the wealth of our country, on macho displays of dick-swinging. Apparently we are 180 degrees apart on that. To me, nothing conveys disrespect for our military more than putting them in harms way for purposes that do nothing to advance the security and critical interests of our country. Vietnam and Iraq were a flagrant waste of lives, and Bush mismanaged Afghanistan so badly as to also qualify that conflict. If there is a Hell, I hope a place is reserved for the politicians who were so wasteful of lives.

Don

I would never have dreamed that you came from a military family. Cyberspace leaves many gaps to understanding.

Please extend my thanks for their service and enjoy the fellowship of your family.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Please extend my thanks for their service and enjoy the fellowship of your family.

Much appreciated. I really do hope you also have a good day with your family and friends.

Don

Today is Veterans Day. Take a ride up to Toccoa and spend the afternoon in the Currahee Military Museum. Study the artifacts and the words of the men honored there. While you are there, try to imagine BHO as their leader.

Of all the things you've said on here that's probably the biggest crock of shit. I think it's annoying that people pick on your for your religious views but you've stepped outside of that scope for this little gem.

You picked a great example of soldiers whose lives have have done great things for the country. Do you want politicians who will send soldiers to their deaths for purely political reasons? You're a Vietnam Vet, right? How about escalating a conflict on the grounds of a couple of overeager 19-year-old E-nothing Sonar Techs because the administration wants containment in a SE Asian jungle nation. Then 40 years later you have every single one of those politicians state that the war was unjustified.

How about a President who invades Iraq while the mission in Afghanistan in no-where near complete? That action cut the budget to Afghanistan by 5.3 Billion Dollars in the first year and then exceeded the budget in Afgh by several times in the coming years to a total cost of $3 Trillion. I don't know about you but I have a couple of friends, teammates, and classmates who could've used that budget to pay for better armor on their Humvees, better forward scouting for enemy activity along roadways, and better detection of IEDs. And then of course those same politicians state that the reason for invading Iraq was invalid (R AND D party members).

Our soldiers are not cannon fodder for political agendas - we citizens require more. We're unwilling to put someone in power from either party who does not value lives. While we must be a nation who is willing to get our hands bloody when the time comes we cannot send soldiers to die every time a political rift arises.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher