RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

Wait a tick... what we came from 13.7 billion years ago? Like, evolution and big bang? That doesn't jive with your Creationism theory right?

No, and I don't jive with a 6000 year earth history either. The Bible's emphasis is spiritual Truth. Misguided people who fail to interpret the Bible correctly and try to make it say things it doesn't do it a disservice.

40 Days of Prayer is a call to fervent prayer for our elections. We are in desperate days as a nation as the spiritual, moral and financial fabric of our nation is disintegrating around us. Believers need to pray as never before. America's National Prayer Committee and its member organizations are putting out a call to pray 40 days prior to the elections (September 28 - November 6).

http://www.40daysofprayer.net/

Pray The Week Sunday October 28th: Jude 1:24-25, Now to Him who is able to keep us from falling, and to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.
Father forgive us as a nation for wanting to live without your Son. Forgive each step that we have taken to eliminate His great Name. Our pride is before us, yet many have not bowed their knee to the gods of self and the gods of destruction. By Your saving grace – free us from our independence and show us Your ways! In all the power & glory that’s in the Name of Your Son Jesus!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wait a tick... what we came from 13.7 billion years ago? Like, evolution and big bang? That doesn't jive with your Creationism theory right?

No, and I don't jive with a 6000 year earth history either. The Bible's emphasis is spiritual Truth. Misguided people who fail to interpret the Bible correctly and try to make it say things it doesn't do it a disservice.

So YOU can ignore things the Bible says that don't "jive" with your views of spiritual truth, but call others who do the same "misguided". Sounds like cherry picking HYPOCRISY to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No they didn't.

You're stuck in Douglas Adams' puddle, assuming that because this is the way things are this must be the way things were supposed to be. Without that supposition there is no need for any purpose at all.

So you say, and the faith you put into your belief is impressive. But please forgive me if I don't buy that rationalization.

I'm afraid you don't understand. You are the one saying that the universe must have someone ordering things to make it the way it is. But that only works if you believe that the universe is supposed to be the way it is. Hence Douglas Adams' puddle.

Or alternatively, it's like dealing a pack of cards, and then saying that because there's only a 1 in however many billion chance of the cards coming out in that order, the pack must have been shuffled by god. It only works if you assume this state of affairs was pre-determined.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So YOU can ignore things the Bible says that don't "jive" with your views of spiritual truth, but call others who do the same "misguided". Sounds like cherry picking HYPOCRISY to me.

It only makes sense that it's a fantasy and each person or group of people define their fantasy in their own way. That's why there are so many different sects of Christianity and each believe they have the one true interpretation.

Since the Bible is not a Science text book, little detail is given to scientific explanation. My understanding of the Hebrew grammar in Genesis 1 allows for indefinite periods of time in between the sentences. I know it is a useful tactic to divert attention from what is important onto the obscure when trying to discredit a point of view. The real importance & power of the information presented in the Bible comes when knowledge of the spiritual information is understood, mixed with faith and applied to ones life. Things not understood have no power and need further study until God elucidates the meaning. Most scientific fact is left to our own discovery as you well know. On the other hand, true spiritual Wisdom is given to us from God.

While I disagree with you even with regards to the fact that even spiritual wisdom being provided by some higher being, I reckon this seems to be a very valid, balanced viewpoint that allows the coexistence of science and religion, unlike so many posters here. Nice one. if more people stopped treating the bible as a science textbook then religion would retain much more credibility.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

if more people stopped treating the bible as a science textbook then religion would retain much more credibility.

The reason it has no credibility is there is no evidence to support it's claims. There is nothing to support the existence of any spiritualism. So maadmax's claims of spirit this or that is indistinguishable from fantasy.