RonD1120

40 Days of Prayer

Have either of you ever questioned whether or not the voice you hear is actually the God you believe in? How did you come to the conclusion that the voice you hear is the God of the Bible?

I my case, it was confirmed by Scripture, personal affect and effect and, by the elders.

Can you give an example of something that this voice said to you that was most convincing? Do you have back forth conversations with this voice?

Have either of you ever questioned whether or not the voice you hear is actually the God you believe in? How did you come to the conclusion that the voice you hear is the God of the Bible?

I believe in one God. One God, many ways to pray to him.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I believe in one God. One God, many ways to pray to him.

I think that was pretty clear, but it doesn't answer either of my questions. If you decline to answer then that's OK.

Of course God speaks to those who are His own. I have had Him talk to me, to tell me what course to follow, and I did as He told me.

For people like you who do not have any faith in God, we cannot exopect you to understand these things.

You are more atuned to worldly things, and not Spiritual things of God.

Our God is NOT the god of Islam, which is a pagan religion. He was invented by Mohammed about the 6th century A.D., and is nothing but a figment of a warped imagination.

I'm sorry, but if anyone ever tells me they literally hear the voice of God speaking to them, then they have just told me there is no further rational conversation about the subject possible between us and in fact most of humanity as well as most members of the clergy.

You're elevating yourself to some special position only previously claimed by the likes of Moses, Jesus, Mohammad . . . So, really?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>Of course God speaks to those who are His own. I have had Him talk to me, to tell
>me what course to follow, and I did as He told me.

You posted this in 2007:

"For your information, there are three separate references in God's WORD to the USA being brought down before Bush's term ends. . . .

"It is without the slightest doubt, that God's WORD says the USA will be brought down, and replaced."

Has that experience changed your view on what he tells you to do?

Can you explain what "confirmed by scripture" means?

Wrong word, I just edited the post. The correct word is validated.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'm sorry, but if anyone ever tells me they literally hear the voice of God speaking to them, then they have just told me there is no further rational conversation about the subject possible between us and in fact most of humanity as well as most members of the clergy.

You're elevating yourself to some special position only previously claimed by the likes of Moses, Jesus, Mohammad . . . So, really?

I disagree with your claim regarding the clergy.

I agree with the latter, no rational discussion is possible with you because the rational mind is worldly and natural not spiritual.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Our God is NOT the god of Islam, which is a pagan religion. He was invented by Mohammed about the 6th century A.D., and is nothing but a figment of a warped imagination.

Boy are you in for a surprise :D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I doubt you'll find many members of the clergy who aren't tent meeting con-men and charlatans who will claim they've had literal conversations with God. Certainly an extremely small percentage. Maybe the Pope. Maybe some fucking asshat televangelist. But not the the vast majority of serious ones.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree with the latter, no rational discussion is possible with you because the rational mind is worldly and natural not spiritual.

Are you saying that God doesn't want us to be rationall? God gave us a mind so we could rationalize things. I do believe faith in Him is just that "faith", but I don't find any fault in rationalizing your beliefs. I'm naturally a very rational and intellectual person, yet I believe in God.

Also I do believe God speaks to us in many ways, and not always a voice in your head. Sometimes voices in your head are just voices in your head, and sometimes what you hear isn't always from God. If you think God is talking to you, then you need to run that through a course of filters before spouting it as God's word.
1. Is this something Jesus would do (scripturally accurate)
2. Is it wise
3. Is it in Love
4. Will kittens die if I do this, etc, etc..

BTW, God told me to type this.;)

Are you saying that God doesn't want us to be rationall? God gave us a mind so we could rationalize things. I do believe faith in Him is just that "faith", but I don't find any fault in rationalizing your beliefs. I'm naturally a very rational and intellectual person, yet I believe in God.

Also I do believe God speaks to us in many ways, and not always a voice in your head. Sometimes voices in your head are just voices in your head, and sometimes what you hear isn't always from God. If you think God is talking to you, then you need to run that through a course of filters before spouting it as God's word.
1. Is this something Jesus would do (scripturally accurate)
2. Is it wise
3. Is it in Love
4. Will kittens die if I do this, etc, etc..

BTW, God told me to type this.;)

The rational mind can only consider what it knows. It process from known facts and information. The spiritual mind operates in the unfamiliar.

Here is a pertinent article from Psychology Today.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/enlightened-living/200809/beginners-mind

Can you expound that?
I'm seriously curious Ron, no attacks coming, just looking for some understanding.

Simply put:

Matthew 6:6
But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

In prayer I asked God, why can't I smoke pot and study His Word, the Holy Bible. He audibly responded, "Because it irritates me." That statement echoed twice as it dissipated. At that point I was totally enlightened as to what the temple of the Holy Spirit truly means. It was a life changing experience.

Thanks for sharing that Ron.

I respect you. We jab at each other from time to time but, I think you are a stand up guy.

Got any more predictions for us, Bill? I could use a good laugh... How about something to coincide with the election again?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Got any more predictions for us, Bill? I could use a good laugh... How about something to coincide with the election again?

December 21 2012 is just around the corner... Just sayin! Bill is probably going to get biblical, no, medieval, no, Mayan on our asses...
Remster

Perhaps I misread that it would be in Bush's term of office. However, there is certainly enough evidence that the USA is declining. The nation as a whole is void of decency, it has a kill mentality with their gun craziness, and they are going down the tube as we speak. Little by little, and likely to end with a big bang, the USA is a doomed nation.

However, many don't have the intelligence or wisdom to see it is taking place now.