Fearjoburg

Romney does give a shit about the poor

Hidden camera footage of the event, said to be a dinner attended by 30 of the Republican candidate's biggest fundraisers, saw him dismiss 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who “pay no income tax” and behave like “victims”.

Speaking in what appeared to be a hotel function room, Romney claimed that the overwhelming majority of voters who support Barack Obama do so because they are “dependent” on government and “believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing”.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/it-s-not-my-job-to-worry-about-the-poor-1.1385236

If you watch the video, he dismissed 47 percent of the vote as those who will vote for Obama because they don't pay taxes, so his tax reform agenda means nothing to them. He said his job is to not worry about those votes and focus on the swing votes. He stated what every politician knows. After the primaries, you have secured your base and you go for the swing votes.

Is there any chance the current regime will ever address real issues and quit worrying about attacking this guy? I understand that there is no positive track record to stand on, but at least pretend you have a plan that is viable to deal with issues.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Is there any chance the current regime will ever address real issues and quit worrying about attacking this guy?

Probably the same chance that Romney will address real issues and stop attacking Obama.

You must not be in a swing state cause if you think only Obama is getting attacked, I got a bridge to sell you
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You need to slow down and read things before you respond. Both candidates are attacking each other without offering anything positive about their own plans. The previous poster implied that Obama is doing all the attacking, I was just pointing out that both sides are doing it. Right now I'm planning to vote for Obama because at least I have an inkling of his plans for the country. I have no idea what Romney is going to do because he won't say.

BTW, I am in a swing state. I'm already quite sick of the phone calls, mailings, and TV ads. I have yet to see a positive ad from the Romney side.

- Dan G

Some of us get it and apparently some don't. I understand it's going to be difficult to accept some of the changes this country is going to have to bear for many years to come. I realize that some just have trouble dealing with change and will naturally cling to anyone who can convince them that these changes can occur without them personally having to sacrifice. I also understand, like Romney, that those who prefer to be lied to and live in a fantasy world that believes a few tweaks here and there will fix everything and allow them to go back to the life they are comfortable with is unrealistic given the hole we are in. It's sad that some think that as long as we still have checks that means we still have money.

Change is coming to the US. Hopefully in time those who fight the inevitable can learn to deal with reality.

Probably the same chance that Romney will address real issues and stop attacking Obama.

is what you posted
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Do the poor care about the poor? There was a time when the USA was a nation of doers, a nation where people would do whatever it took to better themselves and their families. But the USA is slowly turning into a nation of takers, people who are dependent on their government entitlements.

Neither the Donkeys nor the Elephants have a positive track record to run on. But what is more laughable than these two sad sack political entities is the fact that there are a growing number of people who will sit back, do nothing to better themselves and expect one of these two political entities to deliver them entitlements promised on the campaign trail.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

saw him dismiss 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who “pay no income tax”

Isn't that true?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Is there any chance the current regime will ever address real issues and quit worrying about attacking this guy?

Indeed. Romney and Obama seem to be in a Mexican Standoff over issues. "You first."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

saw him dismiss 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who “pay no income tax”

Isn't that true?

Not by a long shot.

I'm not going to call them free loaders, but I do believe that 47% number is fairly accurate regarding the people that pay no "federal income tax". This of course is not including FICA or state taxes.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

Howeve one minor detail that I don't think is fair to ignore is that although I don't know the proportion of that 47%, but there are those families within that number that don't pay taxes do to tax benefits within the law for children, elderly, business expenses, and many other write-offs that bring their agi down to an where they pay no tax.

Classifying that group as freeloaders while they're likely a responsible working class citizens or retirees that have paid their dues in this life already might be a big mistake.

Romney was dead on. 47% of the takers will support Obama. Hell why bite the hand that feeds ya, cloths ya, wipes your ASS, slaps some baby powder on your butt and send you on your way.

Why does Romney hate the ederly, retirees, disabled veterans, disabled for other reason and, the working poor that make up the 47%?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Romney was dead on. 47% of the takers will support Obama. Hell why bite the hand that feeds ya, cloths ya, wipes your ASS, slaps some baby powder on your butt and send you on your way.

Sure, I'd love to believe this is the way it is as well, because I'm not an Obama fan, but if you look at the numbers its very likely the majority of that 47% are working class citizens that aren't receiving any special govt entitlements, they are merely taking advantage of a tax system that has benefits written into the laws that prevent a lot of working class families from paying "federal income tax".

Keep in mind most these people are still paying FICA, and state taxes, and are probably not on any type of govt assistance, unless you count their tax deductions that lead them to paying no federal income tax as some sort of "govt entitlements".

Either way, this is a huge gaff by Romney, its just whether or not the huge portion of his voters that are in that 47% make the connection that they are in that 47%.

But I think it was a gaff and nothing more. If Romney realized the reality of those numbers, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to make a comment like that especially since he never made the connection that many of those 47% are in his voting base.

Either way, this is a huge gaff by Romney, its just whether or not the huge portion of his voters that are in that 47% make the connection that they are in that 47%.

My wife and I live in one of the poorer counties in Missouri. Median household income is $38,800 (my income is just under $60,000.00. With my wife returning to work, we will go above $100,000.00.) A large portion of those in the county are on government assistence (food stamps, housing, welfare...) 90% of the county vote republican, are anti-union, anti-Obama, and are strictly religous conservative. They are hypocrits, to say the least. They will never make the connection.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Sure, I'd love to believe this is the way it is as well, because I'm not an Obama fan, but if you look at the numbers its very likely the majority of that 47% are working class citizens that aren't receiving any special govt entitlements, they are merely taking advantage of a tax system that has benefits written into the laws that prevent a lot of working class families from paying "federal income tax".

Keep in mind most these people are still paying FICA, and state taxes, and are probably not on any type of govt assistance, unless you count their tax deductions that lead them to paying no federal income tax as some sort of "govt entitlements".

But I think it was a gaff and nothing more. If Romney realized the reality of those numbers, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to make a comment like that especially since he never made the connection that many of those 47% are in his voting base.

I disagree.... not a gaffe at all and it will have little to no impact on anything. The media will cover it like crazy thinking it is a big deal but thats bc they all want to blow Obama. What Mitt said is true for the most part. He cannot worry about those who will vote to be fed by the government. This whole election comes down to the debates. This election is so similar to Reagan v Carter it's scary..... Mitt is not Reagan but Obama is worse then Carter. The debates will be interesting. The other factor is turnout. If the dems cannot get the turnout they got in 2008 or at least close... they will lose. Most of the polling out there is being weighted in terms of the turnout seen in 08 which I doubt will happen. Look at Rasmussan if you want a real picture of where the race stands. Before any of you states he leans right blah, blah, blah..... He was dead on in the 2008 election and has been very accurate in polling. Only Pew was close to him. This race is dead even in the states that matter so turnout will be huge. I do not think the dems will have it this time and I think that the GOP will have some of their highest levels.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Some of us get it and apparently some don't. I understand it's going to be difficult to accept some of the changes this country is going to have to bear for many years to come. I realize that some just have trouble dealing with change and will naturally cling to anyone who can convince them that these changes can occur without them personally having to sacrifice. .

You mean like increased taxes? Oh...*those* people shouldn't have to sacrifice anymore, just the other ones.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

A large portion of those in the county are on government assistence (food stamps, housing, welfare...) 90% of the county vote republican, are anti-union, anti-Obama, and are strictly religous conservative. They are hypocrits, to say the least. They will never make the connection.

Do us a favor over there in your county, and keep that our little secret;).

If you watch the video, he dismissed 47 percent of the voconsider ose who will vote for Obama because they don't pay taxes, so his tax reform agenda means nothing to them.

Except what he said was 47% are voting for Obama because they consider themselves victims, refuse to take responsibility for their lives, are dependent on the government for their food, shelter, etc, and consider these entitlements that they are owed.

I prefer Obama over Romney, and none of these statements are true of me. The same goes for all of my pro-Obama friends, none of whom are on the dole. It appears to me that Romney has a dim view of Americans that is ridiculously inaccurate.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)