bodypilot90

Obama's oil plan

Let's see, Obama wants to crucify the oil companies, and bankrupt the coal companies.
Where would that leave us, energy-wise?
Steam engines, anyone?

With a lot of Oklahomans and Texans thinking that the oil companies are Jesus.

And a lot of Californians wondering why the lights went out.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Where would that leave us, energy-wise?

With more oil than before. US oil production is up 15% under Obama.

>Steam engines, anyone?

Would work pretty well. Just hook em up to right wingers ears, then point out that oil production is up.

With more oil than before. US oil production is up 15% under Obama.

Sincerely doubt that's due to any policies that Obama has implemented - got any cites to show that?

>Steam engines, anyone?

Would work pretty well. Just hook em up to right wingers ears, then point out that oil production is up.

Even better, hook 'em up to the Obama Defense team.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

the DOE goal is to drive up the cost of energy by regulating anything and everything, taxing what they can, not allowing exploration of native reserves and allowing EPA free rein to go crazy

CA bought into this foolishness and look what happened, many industries left the state and green stuff is everywhere

eventually the green stuff will be cost competitive everywhere

in SC they are talking about offering a 35% tax incentive for solar, is that stupid or WHAT, tax everyone so that the state can artifically support an industry and technology that is not cost effective, the solar availability here is really low
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

>With more oil than before. US oil production is up 15% under Obama.

Only on private and state lands.
Any oil production that Obama has any control of is DOWN 14%. And by the way how can oil production be up? Aren’t we running out of oil?

>With more oil than before. US oil production is up 15% under Obama.

Only on private and state lands.
Any oil production that Obama has any control of is DOWN 14%. And by the way how can oil production be up? Aren’t we running out of oil?

Yes, oil is running out. Why is the production up? Year-over-year fluctuations that are being used for political purposes.

US peak was Nov, 1970 at 10,044 Mbbl/d, lowest production since was, Sep, 2008 at 3,930 Mbbl/d, highest production since that low point, Feb, 2012 6,144 Mbbl/d. [source : EIA]
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

>Only on private and state lands.

Right. Which is most of the producing oil fields in the US.

>Any oil production that Obama has any control of is DOWN 14%

Which oil companies does Obama "have control of?"

Ok lets be specific just for you. oil production on federally controlled lands is down 14% because oil companies can not get permits from this administration to drill for oil in those areas.

>oil production on federally controlled lands is down 14% because oil
>companies can not get permits from this administration to drill for oil in
>those areas.

Good! Have the companies buy the land they want to use. We have enough government giveaways to the political contributor of the week.

Aren't oil prices finally falling because we (US) has more in storage than van be used?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/05/02/bloomberg_articlesM3ECOF0UQVI901-M3ETD.DTL

In fact, tankers are returning back to origination with surplus oil because refineries can't hold anymore

[/urlhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/23/MN261O78QA.DTL] http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/23/MN261O78QA.DTL[/url]
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

>those areas.

Good! Have the companies buy the land they want to use. We have enough government giveaways to the political contributor of the week.

why not just let them drill where there is the most oil? instead of drilling where there is the least oil?

>those areas.

why not just let them drill where there is the most oil? instead of drilling where there is the least oil?

Because the radical enviors will stop donating to the Obama campain

That is why he stopped the pipe line too
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Aren't oil prices finally falling because we (US) has more in storage than
>van be used?

Yep. Another part of that is the ethanol requirement. Since many places require ethanol in gasoline (up to 10% in some places) the total demand for oil is growing more slowly than it otherwise would. In 2010, for example, we produced 13.2 billion gallons of ethanol and we used 134 billion gallons of gasoline. That means a barrel of oil is able to make more gasoline than it could before, and that helps with demand.

>Only on private and state lands.

Right. Which is most of the producing oil fields in the US.

>Any oil production that Obama has any control of is DOWN 14%

Which oil companies does Obama "have control of?"

Ok lets be specific just for you. oil production on federally controlled lands is down 14% because oil companies can not get permits from this administration to drill for oil in those areas.

Political will means jack shit if you have nothing in the ground to pump out of it.

Look, I drew you a graph. Doesn't matter who is in charge, its a permanent decline that people will have to get used to.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

The article was also stating that we are conserving a lot more, are getting better returns from fracking, and have been changing our reliance on gasoline for the better. In fact, a lot of the suplus oil is now being shipped overseas.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

>why not just let them drill where there is the most oil?

I'm all for that! Let oil companies bid on the land then sell it to the highest bidder.

What about these guys?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/13/us-usa-campaign-green-idUSBRE83C08D20120413
"Built on public land, the facility is the largest of its kind in the United States. Its 1 million solar panels provide enough energy to power 17,000 homes.
And it employs just 10 people."

Shouldnt they have to buy the land as well?