jclalor

Gingrich wanted ‘open marriage’ with both wife and mistress

his private life is none of our business.

True, unless his private life is somehow of importance in regard of his politic views, which is the case here. If you preach family values, you better make damn sure that your private life is pristine. A typical case of "Judge and be judged".

I agree with you in principle. But unless somebody's a closet axe murderer or serial wife beater, I really don't give a shit anymore. I see ex- and soon-to-be-ex- spouses/SOs act like fucking assholes almost every time I'm in Family Court. We've all known for 20 years that Newt's a prick, and a philanderer, in that order. So now, 15 years after the marriage ended, his 2nd ex is getting in one last lashing-out of her rage against her ex-husband, for no other reason than because she hopes it hurts him. Frankly, I think it's long past time for her to have gotten on with her life, including emotionally. After all these years, all she's really managed to do is make herself look like an embittered fool in public.

This should be a lesson to all the divorcees out there who are still very, very, very angry at their ex-spouses: Let it go.

I pretty much agree with you, counselor. Maybe I'm too 'old school' but I really feel that our politicians and elected officials should be held to a higher standard. Especially, our president. He represents us to the entire world. I think too, the 'sexual revolution' of the 60's as well as other movements of that era have drastically changed our morals and standards. We've become so laid-back, we're about to fall over!

Chuck

Damn, right............
I'm pretty sure everyone would agree in principle. The problem is where do we, as a nation, find such an angel to be our leader? Ain't no way. Men are flawed. To find one who is honest to admit that he has made human mistakes would be refreshing. Gingrich has 'fessed up. Many times. Gingrich certainly did not perjure himself like Willie the "K" did.
"Ah ded not have sax wiff that woman."
"That depends on wut the meaning of "is" is.....
"Mah cee-gar tayses funny..."

I'm not saying they need to be perfect. There's no duch thing. I do expect them to have a God-damned backbone and do the job the way it's meant to be done.

Chuck

I do expect them to have a God-damned backbone and do the job the way it's meant to be done.

Well said.....! That's one of the reasons why I mentioned that Gingrich, from the opening shot, made John King and CNN his bitch, showing that he has backbone, and was not some run-of-the-mill petty, manufactured by the Party politician, like Jimmy Carter or BHO.

Dr. Krauthammer, a Harvard MD is also a board certified PSYCHIATRIST...

I didn't know that. Physician: heal thyself!

By the way , you wouldn't have been "Peaceful Jeffrey" or "DesertAttorney" in a previous internet life, by any chance?

Don

Dr. Krauthammer, a Harvard MD is also a board certified PSYCHIATRIST, from a Boston ( a hot bed of conservative reactionaries ) hospital. As such, I believe that Dr. Krauthammer is in a far better position to comment on the behavior of BHO than a Prof of Material Engineering or a Prof. of Medical Entomology.

I don't. Until and unless Dr. Krauthammer has examined and tested the person - or at least has significant personal interaction with him versus reliance on hearsay - I think he should leave any form of medical opinion out of assessment.

Hey, Obama is a Constitutional scholar. it does not mean that I give his opinion on Constitutionality any more weight than I would grant to any other lawyer. Especially considering that the President has something to GAIN from opinions on Constitutionality.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Surely a party that claims to represent a majority in a country with a voting-eligible population of over 217 million can find a decent selection of candidates who are both intelligent and not scumbags?

you'd think so, let's see how we're doing in finding a selection defined as such?

Dems? no and no
Reps? no and no

better luck next cycle

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Lorena Bobbitt married a drunken asshole. She de-headed him.

reply]

:)
It seems like an "open marriage" is the same as poligamy just without the paperwork. He should be a Mormon like Mitt. ;)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Dr. Krauthammer, a Harvard MD is also a board certified PSYCHIATRIST...

I didn't know that. Physician: heal thyself!

By the way , you wouldn't have been "Peaceful Jeffrey" or "DesertAttorney" in a previous internet life, by any chance?

Don

Never heard of PJ. I have argued with DA, before. Big time.
Are you really Dr. Kallend?

Dr. Krauthammer, a Harvard MD is also a board certified PSYCHIATRIST, from a Boston ( a hot bed of conservative reactionaries ) hospital. As such, I believe that Dr. Krauthammer is in a far better position to comment on the behavior of BHO than a Prof of Material Engineering or a Prof. of Medical Entomology.

I don't. Until and unless Dr. Krauthammer has examined and tested the person - or at least has significant personal interaction with him versus reliance on hearsay - I think he should leave any form of medical opinion out of assessment.

Hey, Obama is a Constitutional scholar. it does not mean that I give his opinion on Constitutionality any more weight than I would grant to any other lawyer. Especially considering that the President has something to GAIN from opinions on Constitutionality.

You might address that to Dr. Krauthammer himself. I'd be pleased to hear his response. Many of Dr. Krauthammers essays have been from a psychological viewpoint. Yet, Dr. Krauthammers credentials/licenses remain current and honored.
When BHO releases his transcripts, then I will look at that "hearsay."

Funny how well that view fits in reverse... we have the same people that told us that Clinton's indiscretions weren't important suddenly crowing over how important it is to consider Gingrich's indiscretions.

Well, personally I find hypocrisy to be an unattractive character trait regardless of the political slant of the hypocrite. Mr. Gingrich's history is well known to everybody. Can you remind me who Clinton set up an inquisition on, then tried to impeach, for activities that he was himself engaged in at the same time? I've quite forgotten any such incidents.

I must have missed where I made it a direct, personal comparison between the two, and not a comment on a particular segment of the public.

The same compass is evident when he takes money to "consult" (i.e. lobby) for Fannie and Freddie, then turns around and shits on them when that becomes more expedient.

Would appreciate some cites on who he spoke to in Congress, so as to make that whole "lobbyist" thing be actually true... something on the 'shit on them' bit would be nice, too.

Surely a party that claims to represent a majority in a country with a voting-eligible population of over 217 million can find a decent selection of candidates who are both intelligent and not scumbags?

Oh, look... another set of claims just like in the last post...do you *really* need me to do the reverse angle on *that* one, too?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Agreed. While he may have medical training he is a political commentator. I don't give his opinions any more or less weight than any other political commentator.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Funny how well that view fits in reverse... we have the same people that told us that Clinton's indiscretions weren't important suddenly crowing over how important it is to consider Gingrich's indiscretions.

Well, personally I find hypocrisy to be an unattractive character trait regardless of the political slant of the hypocrite. Mr. Gingrich's history is well known to everybody. Can you remind me who Clinton set up an inquisition on, then tried to impeach, for activities that he was himself engaged in at the same time? I've quite forgotten any such incidents.

I don't think I have ever said I approved of Clinton's behavior re "zippergate". I don't think they rose to the level of impeachment, but of course others (perhaps Lawrocket) may disagree. If Newt has (had?) a propensity to deceive those he claimed to be closest to so he could dip his wick in any besotted campaign worker who'd flop on her back and spread her legs for him, that just makes him a cad. It's the fact that he would seek to advance his own career by attacking others over behavior he is himself engaged in (and so must find excusable) that exposes his real moral compass (unadulterated self-interest) and renders him an exceeding poor choice for president. The same compass is evident when he takes money to "consult" (i.e. lobby) for Fannie and Freddie, then turns around and shits on them when that becomes more expedient. Surely a party that claims to represent a majority in a country with a voting-eligible population of over 217 million can find a decent selection of candidates who are both intelligent and not scumbags?

Don

You do realize Clinton's Impeachment was due to perjury and not about an affair. I know the left wing spin machine tried very hard to convince it's loyal minions it was about sex, but I thougt by now most had come to their senses and understood the reality of what it was about.

Obviously you think being coy makes you look superior or witty or something.

Just say what you want to say; don't leave it in the leaves and hope that people can pick it out. Otherwise you look like the kind of chickenshit who is unclear so that he can later say "aha that's not what I really meant."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Obviously you think being coy makes you look superior or witty or something.

Just say what you want to say; don't leave it in the leaves and hope that people can pick it out. Otherwise you look like the kind of chickenshit who is unclear so that he can later say "aha that's not what I really meant."

Wendy P.

Be more specific......
Sounds like a PA. Such language is very unbecoming of you..

Follow the "reply to." I'm replying to your post about Charles Krauthammer and his commentary on something (I really don't know what you're referring to). Not a personal attack, just an observation and a suggestion. I'm not real big on personal attacks.

Generally I like to discuss ideas. I can't figure out what you're referring to, and I already asked once, so I figured it's your style, and I'm commenting that style isn't always particularly clear.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Follow the "reply to." I'm replying to your post about Charles Krauthammer and his commentary on something (I really don't know what you're referring to). Not a personal attack, just an observation and a suggestion. I'm not real big on personal attacks.

Generally I like to discuss ideas. I can't figure out what you're referring to, and I already asked once, so I figured it's your style, and I'm commenting that style isn't always particularly clear.

Wendy P.

Other posters didn't have a problem.
You asked for an example. I said to read Dr. Krauthammer's own words. Easy enough to do with a computer. Pretty straightforward reply to me.

Pretty straightforward reply to me.

While you may not have wanted to provide specific quotes absent context, providing a link to a specific column by CK that illustrates your point would certainly have been more straightforward than "just read Krauthammer".
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Agreed. While he may have medical training he is a political commentator. I don't give his opinions any more or less weight than any other political commentator.

You have never heard an expert discuss with authority, any subject on a TV program?
I guess you also missed the part about Dr. Krauthammer being an MD, a Psychiatrist, a Pulitzer Prize winner, and a nationally syndicated columnist.

Wendy P.

You asked for an example. I said to read Dr. Krauthammer's own words. Easy enough to do with a computer. Pretty straightforward reply to me.

I have a problem, I just don't care enough to worry. After you refused to elaborate for the second time, I wrote your posting and Dr. K as partisan horseshit and went on to find some substantial conversation instead.

Lawrocket sufficiently answered the topic - shrinks who make medical judgements from afar based on what they see/read in the media are quacks.

Pretty straightforward reply to me.

While you may not have wanted to provide specific quotes absent context, providing a link to a specific column by CK that illustrates your point would certainly have been more straightforward than "just read Krauthammer".

Possibly. I guess that Wendy is a very bright and articulate person, and that to do so, would insult her intelligence. I also avoid the challenge of "steering". We can go either way on this. Thx for the input.
Additionally, for me to paraphrase Dr. Krauthammer is simply not the way to go. There are so many spinners in SC, that the challenges would be not only endless, but for the most part adolescent or altogether empty.

Wendy P.

I have a problem, I just don't care enough to worry. After you refused to elaborate for the second time, I wrote your posting and Dr. K as partisan horseshit and went on to find some substantial conversation instead.

Lawrocket sufficiently answered the topic - shrinks who make medical judgements from afar based on what they see/read in the media are quacks.

Then, why are you back posting here? Upset, are you?
As Wendy says...... Go find another thread if you can't comprehend or dislike the posts on this one.
You wrote nothing to me. Are you so upset, that you're becoming delusional? Go lie down. Have an aspirin. Relax.

See what I mean about the adolescent and empty posts?

Can't agree with you, dude ... you could've avoided all this by posting a link to the column and let the others draw their own conclusions after reading it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

See what I mean about the adolescent and empty posts?

Can't agree with you, dude ... you could've avoided all this by posting a link to the column and let the others draw their own conclusions after reading it.

You might be right. Perhaps in the future, if I feel that someone needs to be helped, I may post a link.
In Wendy's case here, I think not. She's plenty smart.