jclalor

Gingrich wanted ‘open marriage’ with both wife and mistress

>bullshit - the man is running for the GOP nomination with the stated intent to
>continue to prevent gays from marrying.

Who knows? Perhaps his own experiences will tend him to be more likely to give others the rights he wants.

i hope so. I see no reason why polygamy should be illegal.

Who knows? Perhaps his own experiences will tend him to be more likely to give others the rights he wants.

Could be. But I can only work with known facts and his statements. It's foolish to hope or presume (*) that once he's in office, he'll learn what equality is. But his history shows otherwise.

(*) Romney supporters have to do this, since he's made statements on 3 sides of every issue.

I doubt anyone can hold their breath that long. Not even, you know, whales and stuff.

Her story now doesn't seem to match her story in '99....

Marianne Ginther Gingrich was visiting her childhood home in Ohio in early May to celebrate her mother's 84th birthday when her husband phoned. After offering birthday wishes to his mother-in-law, Gingrich asked to speak to his wife. Virginia Ginther soon found her daughter in tears.

"I said, 'Marianne, what's wrong?'‚" Ginther recalled yesterday. She said Marianne replied: "He doesn't want me as his wife anymore."

There was a second jolt soon after. Newt Gingrich, now 56, informed his wife that he was having an affair with a congressional aide, a woman 23 years his junior, Ginther said.

"I was totally shocked," Marianne Gingrich, 48, said yesterday in an interview from her home in Marietta, Ga. "I had no idea."

Or a report from the Albany Herald, that states:

Gingrich's divorce attorney, Thomas Browning, said that Mrs. Gingrich called her husband on his birthday in June 1987 to tell him she was leaving him. Gingrich, he said, came back to Georgia to find an empty home.

"All she left was a television and guest bed." Browning said.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yep. And he disputed that he discussed terms of his divorce with his first wife when she was in the hospital recovering from surgery for cancer. He also denies saying "she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." And he's denied asking for an open marriage from his second wife.

I think that if the GOP really attacks his wives it's going to backfire on them quite badly. You can deny everything one ex-wife says and paint her as an evil manipulative liar. But three? No one's going to buy it. Much better to just admit "yes I screwed up and I moved on."

Yep. And he disputed that he discussed terms of his divorce with his first wife when she was in the hospital recovering from surgery for cancer.

The original claim was that he gave her divorce papers, and the tumor that she was in the hospital to be treated for wasn't cancerous - not that I expect the truth to intrude into the dialog from the media at this late date.

And yeah, he should just roll over and let whoever is backing the ex have their way....just like Clinton never challenged any of the women who came forward against him, right?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When Clinton responded to multiple bimbo eruptions in '92 by winking as if to say "Yeah, I'm a dawg.... heh heh heh...", he was elected President of the United States. (God, I love that man.) A few years later, when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, uh, Ms. Lewisnky...", he got impeached. Maybe Lenny Bruce had a point when he advised, "Deny it. No matter what, always deny it," but in politics, honesty about your loose zipper is generally the better policy.

Jimmy Swaggart had the right idea: http://religiousfreaks.com/2006/05/17/jimmy-swaggart-i-have-sinned/

>And yeah, he should just roll over and let whoever is backing the ex have their
>way....

Yep. Admit your mistakes and move on. The GOP is going to look very, very bad if they start attacking three separate wives while defending a guy who, at best, acted foolishly with all three. The best possible way Gingrich could handle this would be to say "yes, I made mistakes, like a lot of people do, and did some really stupid things. But I've learned from my mistakes and want to move on."

>just like Clinton never challenged any of the women who came forward
>against him, right?

You are honestly using Clinton's decisions as a basis for morality/fidelity judgments? Wow.

I'll let you defend Clinton. I think that will work about as a GOP defense of Gingrich's fidelity.

>just like Clinton never challenged any of the women who came forward against him, right?

You are honestly using Clinton's decisions as a basis for morality/fidelity judgments? Wow.

That assessment of my statement is about as truthful as you claiming O'Keefe made a deal with the DA regarding ACORN....IOW, not at all.

Note my complete NON-surprise at your spin, however.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>That assessment of my statement is about as truthful as you claiming O'Keefe made
>a deal with the DA regarding ACORN....IOW, not at all.

From the "Report of the Attorney General on Activities of Acorn in California" dated April 2010:

"O'Keefe and Giles received immunity from prosecution in return for providing the full, unedited videotapes. As a result we did not determine if they violated California's Invasion of Privacy Act when they recorded ACORN employees. If the circumstances meet the requirements of the Act, the ACORN employees may be able to bring a private suit against O'Keefe and Giles for recording a confidential conversation without consent."

I'll give you a few minutes to remove your foot from your mouth.

>That assessment of my statement is about as truthful as you claiming O'Keefe made
>a deal with the DA regarding ACORN....IOW, not at all.

From the "Report of the Attorney General on Activities of Acorn in California" dated April 2010:

"O'Keefe and Giles received immunity from prosecution in return for providing the full, unedited videotapes. As a result we did not determine if they violated California's Invasion of Privacy Act when they recorded ACORN employees. If the circumstances meet the requirements of the Act, the ACORN employees may be able to bring a private suit against O'Keefe and Giles for recording a confidential conversation without consent."

I'll give you a few minutes to remove your foot from your mouth.

So an incident where there weren't any charges and doesn't even show on the first page of a google search is 'o'keefe getting his ass handed to him' by ACORN?

Hilarious...I also note that you made the switch to the pimp/prostitute issue rather than the vote fraud being spoken about originally.

Guess that's why O'Keefe is out of business and ACORN is just fine... oh, wait...

Strike that; reverse it
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>So an incident where there weren't any charges and doesn't even show on the
>first page of a google search is 'o'keefe getting his ass handed to him' by ACORN?

No, the ass handing happens in the next paragraph.

===============
- Although highly inappropriate, the evidence does not show that the ACORN employees in California violated state criminal laws in connection with their conversations with O’Keefe and Giles.
===============

Meanwhile he's been charged on a felony count of trying to wiretap a senator's phone and he's being investigated for vote tampering in New Hampshire:
==========================================
NH AG Investigating Group After Undercover Vid Shows Them Posing as Dead Voters to Get Ballots

Posted on January 12, 2012 at 8:02pm

The New Hampshire attorney general‘s office is investigating after a video surfaced that appears to show people using the names of deceased individuals to obtain ballots on the day of the state’s presidential primary, the New Hampshire Union Leader reported.

The 10-minute video is from activist filmmaker James O‘Keefe’s Project Veritas, and is meant to expose flaws in New Hampshire’s lax voting regulations by showing poll workers readily handing over ballots in the names of dead individuals still on voter rolls. New Hampshire doesn’t require photo ID to vote as long as the person is registered.

In the hidden camera footage, O‘Keefe’s phony voters approach workers at multiple polling places and receive a total of nine ballots using the names of recently deceased individuals. No fraudulent votes appear to have actually been cast, with the person leaving after receiving each ballot.

New Hampshire state law makes it illegal to use a false name to obtain a ballot. It’s also a crime to make an audio recording of someone without their consent or to “record an election official without permission.”
=========================================

Looks like your hero may be making his next undercover video from jail.

No, the ass handing happens in the next paragraph.

===============
- Although highly inappropriate, the evidence does not show that the ACORN employees in California violated state criminal laws in connection with their conversations with O’Keefe and Giles.
===============

And here I thought we were discussing voting fraud...so *why* is a Cali issue with the pimp/prostitute thing relevant, again?

Meanwhile he's been charged on a felony count of trying to wiretap a senator's phone

Um, no. Misdeameanor charge that he pleaded guilty to.

Nice try, and *again* not relevant to discussion of vote fraud.

and he's being investigated for vote tampering in New Hampshire:
==========================================
NH AG Investigating Group After Undercover Vid Shows Them Posing as Dead Voters to Get Ballots

Lemme know when he gets charged - let's see how it compares to ACORN.

Looks like your hero may be making his next undercover video from jail.

My hero? Don't recall ever claiming him as a hero. Must be another one of those things you have to spin, bill.

But surely he won't and up in jail...after all, funjumper told us *how* many times that the registration fraud really doesn't count if the person doesn't vote?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

According to Rush Limbaugh this afternoon, there is nothing new here. Marianne Gingrich supposedly released most of this expose' to Esquire Magazine in 2010.

Well, that makes it OK then.

It is less of an issue than the discrepancies in BHO's background. I refer you to Andy9o8 post #23 this thread.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

his private life is none of our business.

True, unless his private life is somehow of importance in regard of his politic views, which is the case here. If you preach family values, you better make damn sure that your private life is in, uhm, family value condition.. A typical case of "Judge and be judged".

True, unless his private life is somehow of importance in regard of his politic views, which is the case here. If you preach family values, you better make damn sure that your private life is pristine. A typical case of "Judge and be judged".

I agree with you in principle. But unless somebody's a closet axe murderer or serial wife beater, I really don't give a shit anymore. I see ex- and soon-to-be-ex- spouses/SOs act like fucking assholes almost every time I'm in Family Court. We've all known for 20 years that Newt's a prick, and a philanderer, in that order. So now, 15 years after the marriage ended, his 2nd ex is getting in one last lashing-out of her rage against her ex-husband, for no other reason than because she hopes it hurts him. Frankly, I think it's long past time for her to have gotten on with her life, including emotionally. After all these years, all she's really managed to do is make herself look like an embittered fool in public.

This should be a lesson to all the divorcees out there who are still very, very, very angry at their ex-spouses: Let it go.

True, unless his private life is somehow of importance in regard of his politic views, which is the case here. If you preach family values, you better make damn sure that your private life is pristine. A typical case of "Judge and be judged".

I agree with you in principle. But unless somebody's a closet axe murderer or serial wife beater, I really don't give a shit anymore.

...and just because they are an axe murderer or wife beater doesn't mean they should make it legal for their own benefit, nor should it make them a hypocrite if they don't.

A person's private life should not get in the way of running a country by the people, for the people.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I agree with you in principle. But unless somebody's a closet axe murderer or serial wife beater, I really don't give a shit anymore. I see ex- and soon-to-be-ex- spouses/SOs act like fucking assholes almost every time I'm in Family Court. We've all known for 20 years that Newt's a prick, and a philanderer, in that order. So now, 15 years after the marriage ended, his 2nd ex is getting in one last lashing-out of her rage against her ex-husband, for no other reason than because she hopes it hurts him. Frankly, I think it's long past time for her to have gotten on with her life, including emotionally. After all these years, all she's really managed to do is make herself look like an embittered fool in public.

This should be a lesson to all the divorcees out there who are still very, very, very angry at their ex-spouses: Let it go.

I mostly agree with you. However, I do expect someone to conduct themselves in a professional manner once they are in office.

Personally, I think it's bullshit. The rumor is that he left her months after she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and didn't want to deal with it.

Rumor continues that he divorced his first wife months after she found out she had cancer.

If true, makes him a shallow douche bag. Now that he has a beautiful trophy wife, what do you think will happen if she gets hit with a medical crisis? :|

ETA: ah, already mentioned and discussed. Never mind...

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The wife looks like an idiot too, nothing as pathetic as throwing your own private life in the open like that, to get your revenge. Normally I wouldn't bother myself with the private lives of others, btw, but if the "other" is a meddling twat himself, he or she is fair game as far as I'm considered. And I always love to see hypocrites go down, of course.:)

However, I do expect someone to conduct themselves in a professional manner once they are in office.

So you want the guy to have a professional sex life? Well a gigolo for president would be refreshing......

Personally I think whatever someone does in his bed room is no one's business as long as it doesn't reflect on his or her job.

"I mostly agree with you. However, I do expect someone to conduct themselves in a professional manner once they are in office."

+1..... Gingrich has declared that the story is false.
In the same manner as the story about John McCain's illegitimate daughter was spun, and which has since been repudiated by no less than the Democratic National Committee. Gingrich gets my vote as the winner in SC in both debates.
I thought it was masterful how Gingrich handed moderator King his own ass at the opening.