Skyrad

Why not partition the USA?

Actually it has.

WTF? You feel that 90 years of strife was 'working well?' I take it you don't live in the north.

Your statement was:

Because that worked out so well at your place?

Its not about how we got here its about how its worked out. Actually I've lived in both the north and south of Ireland. The North is at peace and is one of the most prosperous parts of the UK, it also has per capita the highest GDP in the UK. Things down south are hard at the moment but we do well from having the cheap prices just up the road in the north where Sterling is used. Thanks to the difference in Euro/Sterling we get to pick and chose. Not bad at all.

Well, yeah but you stole that land from the Irish. F'king Cromwell and his ilk.

And its that kind of backward looking attitude that kept the people of Ireland mired in terror for forty years.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sounds good.

But why don't you worry about IRA bombings and murders that happened over there ?

History, been there done that.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Actually it has.

WTF? You feel that 90 years of strife was 'working well?' I take it you don't live in the north.

Your statement was:

Because that worked out so well at your place?

Its not about how we got here its about how its worked out. Actually I've lived in both the north and south of Ireland. The North is at peace and is one of the most prosperous parts of the UK, it also has per capita the highest GDP in the UK. Things down south are hard at the moment but we do well from having the cheap prices just up the road in the north where Sterling is used. Thanks to the difference in Euro/Sterling we get to pick and chose. Not bad at all.

Well, yeah but you stole that land from the Irish. F'king Cromwell and his ilk.

And its that kind of backward looking attitude that kept the people of Ireland mired in terror for forty years.

Great, just remember this the next time we start discussing the Palestinians and American Indians.

The Conservatives can hold the South and the Dems the North, or how about Dems west and Rep's east? Just have separate countries and call it a day, then you can go on hating each other while feeling totally good about the way your country is run.

A. Because that worked out so well in 1861-65.
B. There's a Russian sociologist who is predicting just that.
C. The blue would bankrupt the red in short order.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

+++111.

I am ready to divorce mn***tx, whatever his fucking handle is, and lawrocket. Get them out of my country!

The Conservatives can hold the South and the Dems the North, or how about Dems west and Rep's east? Just have separate countries and call it a day, then you can go on hating each other while feeling totally good about the way your country is run.

+++111.

I am ready to divorce mn***tx, whatever his fucking handle is, and lawrocket. Get them out of my country!

There's some more of that fine compassion....and out of your country? LR and I live in the States, or did you not leave like you said you would?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

+++111.

"Your Country?" Shut your mouth, immigrant. I was born here. This is My country. You're so boastful about the tenacity of your beloved Drittes Reich, why did you choose to come to MY country?

+++111.

"Your Country?" Shut your mouth, immigrant. I was born here. This is My country. You're so boastful about the tenacity of your beloved Drittes Reich, why did you choose to come to MY country?

I take it you're a Native American then?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

+++111.

I take it you're a Native American then?

What, you mean a red skin? A true indian, then? :o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

What, you mean a red skin? A true indian, then? :o

Native Americans are neither red skinned nor Indian.

Depends how long they sit in the sun.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sure. California will be able to stand on its own as the 8th largest economy in the world and the rest of you guys can figure out how to replace the $.22 out of each tax federal tax dollar ($290B in 2005) collected from us and not returned as federal spending.

Sure. California will be able to stand on its own as the 8th largest economy in the world and the rest of you guys can figure out how to replace the $.22 out of each tax federal tax dollar ($290B in 2005) collected from us and not returned as federal spending.

You're kidding, right? I mean, the downside is that, if California is removed from the equation the Federal Government might have to worry about maybe running a deficit?

What a scary concept.

The "us" vs "them" philosophy is shocking to this foreigner.

To use but one example from above in the thread: the description "native American"

Is a freshly accepted citizen less American than a born American? Is a born American less than a Native American?

So I ask, (after my second glass of scotch)...

Is California more important than Alabama?
Are whites more worthy than blacks?
Are Republican's more patriotic than Democrat's?
Are cops more heroic than search & rescue volunteers?
Are nurses worth more than teachers?
Does the 2nd Amendment take precedent over all others?
Is a Jewish synagogue more palatable than a Hindu temple?
Is obeisance more law-abiding than peaceful protest?

You are a Union. Start acting like it. Please, for your own sake.

Yeah. Flame away... :(