brenthutch

Why there can be no accord

I'll get to that book when I finish this one.

As conflicting as the article is, we'll read it anyway.

-NASA's Grace satellite show that Antarctica has been losing ...

-Radar and laser-based satellite data show a little mass loss at the edges of East Antarctica...

-NASA/German Aerospace Center's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (Grace) suggests that since 2006 there has been more ice loss from East Antarctica than previously thought...

-Overall, not much is going on in East Antarctica -- yet.

-Grace satellites confirm that Antarctica is losing mass

-And she points out that it isn’t just the Grace data that show accelerating loss; the radar data do, too.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The East Antarctic Ice Shelf losing mass and the Greenland Ice Shelf losing mass are contradictory to Greenhouse theory.

Warming the temperature a few degrees in pace that average negative temperatures should not cause ice ablation but should cause ice to accrete more quickly.

How is something that was the opposite of what was predicted something that is consistent?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The East Antarctic Ice Shelf losing mass and the Greenland Ice Shelf losing mass are contradictory to Greenhouse theory.

Warming the temperature a few degrees in pace that average negative temperatures should not cause ice ablation but should cause ice to accrete more quickly.

How is something that was the opposite of what was predicted something that is consistent?

Have you considered sticking to law?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I already posted that. Where do you think the warmth comes from?:P

The scam 'science' theory that hasn't been able to find that tropical hot spot yet, where Trenberth's 'missing heat' is, or why the temps have been flat for the last 12+ years while CO2 continues to climb?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In 2007:
This week, after reviewing his own new data, NASA climate scientist Jay Zwally said: "At this rate, the Arctic Ocean could be nearly ice-free at the end of summer by 2012, much faster than previous predictions."

Now the reality from the NSIDC is:

Arctic sea ice extent in March 2012 averaged 15.21 million square kilometers (5.87 million square miles)...... it was the highest March average ice extent since 2008 and one of the higher March extents in the past decade......
Ice cover remained extensive in the Bering Sea, where it has been above average all winter. Ice extent was also higher than average in Baffin Bay, between Greenland and Canada, and the Sea of Okhotsk, east of Russia. These conditions stemmed from a combination of wind patterns and low temperatures. Air temperatures were 6 to 8 degrees Celsius (11 to 14 degrees Fahrenheit) below average over the Bering Sea, Baffin Bay, and parts of the Sea of Okhotsk,

Boosh!

In 2007:
This week, after reviewing his own new data, NASA climate scientist Jay Zwally said: "At this rate, the Arctic Ocean could be nearly ice-free at the end of summer by 2012, much faster than previous predictions."

Arctic sea ice extent in March 2012 averaged 15.21 million square kilometers (5.87 million square miles)...... it was the highest March average ice extent since 2008 and one of the higher March extents in the past decade......
Ice cover remained extensive in the Bering Sea, where it has been above average all winter. Ice extent was also higher than average in Baffin Bay, between Greenland and Canada, and the Sea of Okhotsk, east of Russia. These conditions stemmed from a combination of wind patterns and low temperatures. Air temperatures were 6 to 8 degrees Celsius (11 to 14 degrees Fahrenheit) below average over the Bering Sea, Baffin Bay, and parts of the Sea of Okhotsk,

Boosh!

Whoosh.

And the US midwest had a winter of above average temperatures.

Why don't you look up what CLIMATE means, since apparently it escapes you.

Conservatives and science, lol.

They're always good for a chuckle, no concept of what anecdotal evidence is.

Now that's pretty funny ladies and gentlemen.

In a way they have proven his point

They also provide evidence that deniers are more intelligent that alarmists:P

I wonder what percentage of climate change deniers beleive in an 8000 year old earth ?

Now knowledge or intelligence is the direction you want to take this?

Or since you used the word believe, are we going the alarmists and faith direction?

According to my calendar, the year is 5772. An extra 7 days does not change much.

Are you suggesting the Earth is another 2228 years older? I'm not sure if that constitutes heresy, blasphemy or both.

In 2007:

Boosh!

Whoosh.

Hey Einstein, it is called global warming not regional warming. Look at global temps, Really is this all you have? I would have loved to have you as a prof, in college.

In 2007:

Boosh!

Whoosh.

Funny how you had absolutely NO problem using those same numbers as proof of warming when they were in your favor.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Mnealtx claims that have been debunked:

In the historic record, CO2 lags warming. WRONG

Missed the quote from the paper that I provided? Here, I'll re-post it for you:

Substantial temperature change at all latitudes
(Fig. 5b), as well as a net global warming of about 0.3 uC (Fig. 2a),
precedes the initial increase in CO2 concentration at 17.5 kyr ago,
suggesting that CO2 did not initiate deglacial warming.

The Antarctic is gaining ice. WRONG

Positive trend overall...lemme know when shrinking glaciers start accelerating toward the sea, perfesser.

Your desperation is showing.

Desperation? Hardly - I'm not the one that has to explain away a dozen years of increasing CO2 with no additional warming, the lack of the tropical hotspot, Trenberth's 'missing heat', etc etc etc.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In 2007:

Boosh!

Whoosh.

From NASA: "

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for January 2012 was the 19th warmest on record

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for February 2012 was the 22nd warmest on record and the coolest since 2008

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for March 2012 was the 16th warmest on record

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2012/2

A 19 years with warmer first quarters No chicken little I dont think the sky is falling It looks as if the temperatures are.

An extra 7 days does not change much.

Are you suggesting the Earth is another 2228 years older?

For our Lord one day is like thousand years, and thousand years is like one day, I'm sure He did his mysterious way voodoo to turn 2.228 days into 2228 years. During both 500 year long nights the Lord used growing lamps to sustain photosynthesis in plants, btw.

In 2007:

Boosh!

Whoosh.

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for January 2012 was the 19th warmest on record

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for February 2012 was the 22nd warmest on record and the coolest since 2008

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for March 2012 was the 16th warmest on record

A 19 years with warmer first quarters No chicken little I dont think the sky is falling It looks as if the temperatures are.

Read mnealtx's rebuttal of your argument.:P

www.skepticalscience.com/graphics.php?g=47

In 2007:

Boosh!

Whoosh.

Read mnealtx's rebuttal of your argument.:P

www.skepticalscience.com/graphics.php?g=47

Its is not an argument, it is a set of facts from NASA, and is to help you understand, warm March in Spring in the MidWestdoes not equate to global warming.

still focused on area instead of volume.

So just how thick do you think *sea ice* is supposed to be, pray tell?

Funny how that never matters when it's kallend bringing up the chart in a low-ice year.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

still focused on area instead of volume.

So just how thick do you think *sea ice* is supposed to be, pray tell?

Funny how that never matters when it's kallend bringing up the chart in a low-ice year.

so that's your problem then. In this thread, in this year, he raised volume, you replied with area charts, and now this guy is doing the same. I don't give a flying fuck what happened in 200x. (though I have to ask, are you saying that in these low ice years, it was really really thick?)

VOLUME MATTERS. Every year. If you don't know why, ask a grade schooler. The amount of ice (or water) in a body cannot be calculated based on surface area.

so that's your problem then.

The hypocrisy in kallend's argument? Yup, that's what I have a problem with.

In this thread, in this year, he raised volume, you replied with area charts, and now this guy is doing the same. I don't give a flying fuck what happened in 200x. (though I have to ask, are you saying that in these low ice years, it was really really thick?)

And here's where your point breaks down - the accelerated melting being discussed *IS* sea ice. It's also funny how a decade of flat temps weren't sufficient to show a lack of warming, but 5 years of measurements from a satellite is apparently a long enough record....so long as the data supports warming, that is.

I note neither you nor kallend care to take up the point of the 'accelerated movement toward the sea' of those supposedly shrinking ice masses.

VOLUME MATTERS. Every year. If you don't know why, ask a grade schooler. The amount of ice (or water) in a body cannot be calculated based on surface area.

Have kallend ask the grade schooler, then, since he uses the same charts in low-ice years.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

from a recent paper in Geophysical Research Letters:

We find that the available observations are sufficient to virtually exclude internal variability and self-acceleration as an explanation for the observed long-term trend, clustering, and magnitude of recent sea-ice minima. Instead, the recent retreat is well described by the superposition of an externally forced linear trend and internal variability. For the externally forced trend, we find a physically plausible strong correlation only with increasing atmospheric CO2 concentration. Our results hence show that the observed evolution of Arctic sea-ice extent is consistent with the claim that virtually certainly the impact of an anthropogenic climate change is observable in Arctic sea ice already today.

Notz & Marotzke, GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, VOL. 39, L08502, 6 PP., 2012

The attached graphic is worth a thousand words.