brenthutch

Why there can be no accord

I was listening to some left wing radio; (on-line because they can not support an, over air audience
(RIP Air America)) Their "proof of AGW was that this winter has had the least amount of snow EVER IN RECORDED HISTORY since 1972. The warmists look at that fact as irrefutable evidence of global warming, I look at it and think that it was worse in '72. Same thing with drought, "Worst drought in 500 years" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5239212/ns/weather-weather_news/t/west-drought-could-be-worst-years/#.Tv1jvvLfcjk I look at that as think "wow it was a lot worse 500 years ago" Warmest use that as a cudgel to push their AGW agenda.

Conservatives and science, lol.

They're always good for a chuckle, no concept of what anecdotal evidence is.

Now that's pretty funny ladies and gentlemen.

In a way they have proven his point

They also provide evidence that deniers are more intelligent that alarmists:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I wonder what percentage of climate change deniers beleive in an 8000 year old earth ?

I wonder what percentage of climate change deniers beleive in an 8000 year old earth ?

Now knowledge or intelligence is the direction you want to take this?

Or since you used the word believe, are we going the alarmists and faith direction?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Speaking of funny, no more bright ideas like the US diposing dictators for half of the countries wealth?

Speaking of funny, no more bright ideas like the US diposing dictators for half of the countries wealth?

What does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

Some more funny stuff......;)

The WMD didn't exist either?:)

Edit: In the mean time plants and trees in my garden are budding out and I even got some plants flowering. Well, that's of course just the local weather faking climate change resulting in spring-like weather in December.

The WMD didn't exist either?:)

Edit: In the mean time plants and trees in my garden are budding out and I even got some plants flowering. Well, that's of course just the local weather faking climate change resulting in spring-like weather in December.

And we had snow last year in November. Did you have a point or are you also basing your views on anecdotal evidence?

And we had snow last year in November. Did you have a point or are you also basing your views on anecdotal evidence?

You forgot to mention that Dutch weather tends to be liberally biased. As for my views: I'm no climatologist, but I know the basics of GW, and AFAICS the data points in the direction of GW. My anecdotal experiences that indeed don't prove a thing, happen to point in the same direction, that's all.

You forgot to mention that Dutch weather tends to be liberally biased. As for my views: I'm no climatologist, but I know the basics of GW, and AFAICS the data points in the direction of GW. My anecdotal experiences that indeed don't prove a thing, happen to point in the same direction, that's all.

Then hopefully you understand the differences between Global Warming and Climate Change.

>You forgot to mention that Dutch weather tends to be liberally biased.

Yep. Like the man said, reality has a well-known liberal bias. Only by getting a wide variety of information, from CNN, FOX News _and_ denier sites, can right wingers avoid the insidious influence of reality on their opinions.

Then hopefully you understand the differences between Global Warming and Climate Change.

I do, I also see the connection between the two. Shall we exchange more rather meaningless phrases, or shall we call it a day?

If you have something more meaningful to contribute, please do so. Or you could just continue to try and hijack the thread and turn it into another off topic folly about deposing dictators bladda.... bladda....

Yep. Like the man said, reality has a well-known liberal bias. Only by getting a wide variety of information, from CNN, FOX News _and_ denier sites, can right wingers avoid the insidious influence of reality on their opinions.

And Richard Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT.

But what does he know? He's probably just a racist redneck like the rest of the climate change skeptics.

And Richard Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT.

But what does he know? He's probably just a racist redneck like the rest of the climate change skeptics.

No, no...he's under the pay of "Big Oil", remember? That whopping 300 million that *COMPLETELY* overshadows the 80 billion that's been spent on climate "research".

Isn't it amazing how the "logic" works, though? Conservatives are stupid politically because they (supposedly) get all their info from a single source, and skeptics are stupid regarding climate because they get their info from several sources.

Of course, the lie in the statement is that the 'multiple sources' that are so touted on the political side are all spouting the exact same message, just as the single source on the climate side is.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That is what I am trying to figure out. It would seem that scientific knowledge on the left is a mile wide and an inch deep. They will say "the head of NASA's space studies department and the science advisor to the White House says: ................. Which sounds impressive until one peels back a layer or two and finds out that this same guy (James Hanson) was warning about global COOLING and the next ICE AGE back in the 70s. And that he has been arrested several times and has been widely criticized, even by those who support his goals. "New Yorker journalist Elizabeth Kolbert believes Hansen is "increasingly isolated among climate activists." [95] Eileen Claussen, president of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, said that "I view Jim Hansen as heroic as a scientist.... But I wish he would stick to what he really knows. Because I don't think he has a realistic idea of what is politically possible..."[95]

New York Times climate columnist Christa Marshall asks if Hansen still matters in the ongoing climate debate, noting that he "has irked many longtime supporters with his scathing attacks against President Obama's plan for a cap-and-trade system."[96] "The right wing loves what he's doing," said Joseph Romm, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, a think tank.[96]
Yet you still have warmists site his words as gospel!??!?

Which is exactly the problem. Politics has become the adjunct for science on both sides. Climate change would NOT be the issue it is without the political ramifications measured in where people want trillions of dollars sent.

The sooner we start differentiating between science and politics the better.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Which sounds impressive until one peels back a layer or two and finds out that this same guy (James Hanson) was warning about global COOLING and the next ICE AGE back in the 70s.

Do you have an original source for this? Or are you just relying on what you've heard? Hansen has a different take on the subject:

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/distro_Grandfather_70924.pdf