brenthutch

Why there can be no accord

Right, blame the reader when the issue is your admitted inability to communicate properly is the real issue. More left-wing self victimization. Who would have expected anything less.

You are in desperate need of a blow job.

- Dan G

Right, blame the reader when the issue is your admitted inability to communicate properly is the real issue.

What part of "humour is hard to pull off in a foreign language" don't you understand, I start with blaming my own short-comings as far as the English language is concerned. And your lack of humour is rather obvious.

Right, blame the reader when the issue is your admitted inability to communicate properly is the real issue.

What part of "humour is hard to pull off in a foreign language" don't you understand, I start with blaming my own short-comings as far as the English language is concerned. And your lack of humour is rather obvious.

I do understand it's difficult to communicate in another language and I noted that. My only issue was that after you made that statement, you went on to blame me and my sense of humor for not understanding. So you are wrong on both counts. Care to try again?

Let me ask the question in a more straight forward way:

Why do folks who believe in man made global warming site as proof, things like "It has been the (Hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, etc etc.) SINCE ____fill in your date.

To me that means that it was colder, warmer, drier, and wetter in the past. Hardly a logical way to present a case for AGW.

Let me ask the question in a more straight forward way:

Why do folks who believe in man made global warming site as proof, things like "It has been the (Hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, etc etc.) SINCE ____fill in your date.

To me that means that it was colder, warmer, drier, and wetter in the past. Hardly a logical way to present a case for AGW.

Imagine you have two dice. You roll them and record the sum of the rolls. Every once in a while you roll a 12. after each roll I take the dice from you and hold them below the table for a while, then give them back to you. After a while you roll a 12. Looking back at you record you see that recently you have rolled only 8's, 9's 10's and 11's for the last 20 rolls. Would the fact that you have rolled a 12 in the past make you confident that I haven't changed the dice on you?

Based on the global temperature data from the National Climate Date Center, 17 of the hottest twenty years on record have occured within the last 20 years (1991-2010). All of them have occured within the last 30 years.

If you go back to the paleoclimate record, there are warmer times in the Earth's past, but other forces were operating on the climate then. As far as we can tell, those forces do not explain the current warming. CO2 produces warming of the atmosphere through well understood, basic physics. If you think that CO2 isn't the cause of the current warming, you have to come up with two unknown factors in climate: one that cancels out the CO2 based warming, and another that is responsible for the current warming trend.

I wonder what percentage of climate change deniers beleive (believe) in an 8000 year old earth ?

It is also 4.5B years old. But if it is 4.5B, it is also 8,000 :P

But there is more than:
1. Alarmists
2. Deniers

There are also:
1. Those that think global warming is real, but not influenced by man
2. Those that think it is real and influenced by man but not willing to destroy society to live in grass huts and cook by fire.

Until the second set of groups is acknowledged, then any discussion is pointless. I do appreciate the irony of skydivers who use fossil fuels for pure recreation being alarmists.

>Why do folks who believe in man made global warming site as proof, things like "It has
>been the (Hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, etc etc.) SINCE ____fill in your date.

The data that demonstrates that it has been getting warmer are the AVERAGE worldwide temperatures. There is really no disagreement (outside denier circles) that average worldwide temperatures are increasing, and have been (on average) since 1850.

The second bit of important data is that CO2 levels are increasing and have been since 1850. This is easy to verify in a lab. No one but the most desperate and ignorant deniers deny this; it can be done with a basic chemistry set and we have good instrumental data going back to 1958 and proxy records that match them going back about 800,000 years.

The third bit is that increased CO2 levels result in more heat retention by our atmosphere. Again provable in the lab and demonstrated by atmospheric temperature data.

That's where the proof comes from. "It's really hot today" is no more proof of global warming than "it's really cold today" is a valid rebuttal.

Based on the global temperature data from the National Climate Date Center, 17 of the hottest twenty years on record have occured within the last 20 years (1991-2010). All of them have occured within the last 30 years.

That would be significant, *IF* the data hadn't been 'adjusted' over and over and over again.

If you go back to the paleoclimate record, there are warmer times in the Earth's past, but other forces were operating on the climate then.

Like what?

CO2 produces warming of the atmosphere through well understood, basic physics.

CO2 was in the *thousands* during the historical record.

If you think that CO2 isn't the cause of the current warming, you have to come up with two unknown factors in climate: one that cancels out the CO2 based warming, and another that is responsible for the current warming trend.

If you think that CO2 *IS* the cause of the current warming, you have to show WHY we didn't have that 'tipping point runaway' during the historical record.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Why do folks who believe in man made global warming site as proof, things like "It has
>been the (Hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, etc etc.) SINCE ____fill in your date.

The data that demonstrates that it has been getting warmer are the AVERAGE worldwide temperatures. There is really no disagreement (outside denier circles) that average worldwide temperatures are increasing, and have been (on average) since 1850.

That seems a logical result from coming out of a *Little Ice Age*, yes.

The second bit of important data is that CO2 levels are increasing and have been since 1850. This is easy to verify in a lab. No one but the most desperate and ignorant deniers deny this;

Nobody has claimed CO2 hasn't risen - this sounds like a desperate and ignorant warmist tactic to demonize skeptics.

it can be done with a basic chemistry set and we have good instrumental data going back to 1958 and proxy records that match them going back about 800,000 years.

And it STILL doesn't prove that CO2 was the cause of the increase.

The third bit is that increased CO2 levels result in more heat retention by our atmosphere. Again provable in the lab and demonstrated by atmospheric temperature data.

Except for the last dozen or so years, evidently.

That's where the proof comes from. "It's really hot today" is no more proof of global warming than "it's really cold today" is a valid rebuttal.

For certain values of "proof", evidently.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The focus of the campaign is on 15 Questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer. The 15 questions can be found HERE.
==================

Where are the 15 questions? I'm curious to see if it is rehash of the same bunch of questions which have been answered quite exhaustively (but for which fundies don't like and/or don't understand the answers), or if there is some new ignorance floating around.

Not to mention that is a miniscule number compared to the questions which can not be answered by the fundies other than with the standard "God works in mysterious ways."
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>Where are the 15 questions?

Here they are:

How could mutations create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things?

Why is natural selection taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?

How did new biochemical pathways originate?

Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?

How did multi-cellular life originate?

How did sex originate?

Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?

How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame?

How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?

Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated?

Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?

Why is evolution taught as if it is the same as this operational science?

Why is a fundamentally religious idea taught in science classes?

>So whats wrong with the accord? Its surely better than a prius.

That's mighty civic of you

You guys think you're so smart

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>So whats wrong with the accord? Its surely better than a prius.

That's mighty civic of you

You guys think you're so smart

Wendy P.

It's due to their Insight

C'mon, people...Focus!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706