brenthutch

Climategate II

Let's be honest here:
Whoever believes what probably doesn't matter.

Fact is: for the last 20 years, nobody has done anything to stop the mess.

IEA gives us about 5-7 years before "irreversible damage" and I highly doubt we'l change any of our habits within this timeframe.

Man made climate change arguments and running out of oil are good examples of bad conclusions

So you're claiming with a straight face that we aren't running out of oil?

I suppose it could be argued that the planet has been running out since the first day it was tapped.

So, if you want to take YOUR position literally, I probably cant.

But, I think I say with a straight face that you and I will not see that happen in our life time, our children's lifetime or our grandchildren or great grandchildren's life times ( as easily as you can from your high horse that I am wrong)

BTW

Let me ask you a question

Who were you on this site before you became Marinus?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Man made climate change arguments and running out of oil are good examples of bad conclusions

So you're claiming with a straight face that we aren't running out of oil?

I suppose it could be argued that the planet has been running out since the first day it was tapped.

So, if you want to take YOUR position literally, I probably cant.

But, I think I say with a straight face that you and I will not see that happen in our life time, our children's lifetime or our grandchildren or great grandchildren's life times ( as easily as you can from your high horse that I am wrong)

BTW

I don't think anyone can deny that we are trying to extract oil from more difficult places since the 70s. Cheap oil extraction à la Saudi Arabia is over.

There was a leaked memo saying that even Saudi`s reserve is approximately 30% exaggerated.

Canada has the 2nd largest reserve in the world, but producing that oil is a very very energy-intensive process.

Brazil agreed to have its oil drilled in the sea because it was so lucrative. After the Exxon spill from last week, politicians there are completely rethinking it.

Even if you think the quantity will stay for another century, the places where we extract them from are far from ideal.

Hugs and Cheers.

The science is settled.

Like I said

We will do our damnest to try and keep the next gereration from being fucked over by the alarmist wackos

Those who beleive this are among those wackos

Yes, protect your children from the 97% of climate expert wackos who believe this alarmist nonsense. Don't worry that most of the civilized world would laugh at you. Protect them with your american conservative backyard bible science and make sure we run out of petrol as fast as possible. Who gives a flying fuck about any of this "clean air" nonsense anyway? GO USA!!

Of course

I have previously stated that I am working for polluted enough air and water to doom my children and grandchildren to oozing open sores and cancer filled lungs.

Us deniers are such evil bastards aint we

(now, want to take your joke of a post to the next level?)

Sure... I would be happy to

From Wiki

Determining what causes cancer is complex, and it is often impossible to assign a specific cause for a specific cancer. Many things are known to increase the risk of cancer, including tobacco use, infection, radiation, lack of physical activity, poor diet and obesity, and environmental pollutants]

Since you forgot to read what I wrote: let's quote myself shall we:

Yeah we got decades, maybe even centuries left, that's a long time for some people. Others look at the big picture, and realize that 200 years is next to nothing.

So no I don't think oil will run out next week.

And then on to this:

BTW

You don't have proof for me having multiple accounts, and you won't provide proof, because I don't have or ever had, another account on this site.It might be the case that someone else has exactly the same writing style as I have, but it's far, far more likely that you try to undermine my credibility by telling lies about me. I don't take kindly to that, btw.

So if you suspect that I've another account, you can entertain me (and everyone else that might be interested) by providing a link to said account. If you can't provide a link, it's safe to assume that you're a pathetic liar.

I don't want to derail this thread, but since you openly made this accusation, I really like to openly see you fail to back up this accusation and (if you've got a spine) say sorry for accusing me. I would give you your own call out thread but it seems that that's frowned upon.

2775> Jones:
I too don’t see why the schemes should be symmetrical. The temperature ones certainly will not as we’re choosing the periods to show warming

0953> Jones:

This will reduce the 1940-1970 cooling in NH temps. Explaining the cooling with sulphates won’t be quite as necessary

Hide the decline....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You seem to be a pretty tuned in guy. I don't believe in the "Day after tomorrow" shit. I do believe that we have no solid ability to predict the outcome of our use of natural resources. The one thing I can say with certainty is we can and do affect our environment on both the microscopic and macroscopic level. A bit of foresight and what if's, is in my estimation, far better than pushing thru with an" it'll be fine" attitude. The fact is when the Saudi oil fields are bled dry. We have no idea what happens to the space it occupied or the consequences of changing the state of that matter. I agree there is no need to scream fire in the theater, but a bit of ciphering could go a along way in mitigating the consequences.

Since you forgot to read what I wrote: let's quote myself shall we:

Yeah we got decades, maybe even centuries left, that's a long time for some people. Others look at the big picture, and realize that 200 years is next to nothing.

So no I don't think oil will run out next week.

And then on to this:

BTW

You don't have proof for me having multiple accounts, and you won't provide proof, because I don't have or ever had, another account on this site.It might be the case that someone else has exactly the same writing style as I have, but it's far, far more likely that you try to undermine my credibility by telling lies about me. I don't take kindly to that, btw.

So if you suspect that I've another account, you can entertain me (and everyone else that might be interested) by providing a link to said account. If you can't provide a link, it's safe to assume that you're a pathetic liar.

I don't want to derail this thread, but since you openly made this accusation, I really like to openly see you fail to back up this accusation and (if you've got a spine) say sorry for accusing me. I would give you your own call out thread but it seems that that's frowned upon.

I have apologized here before and I will most likely do it again

And you are correct as you style has a resemblance that caught my eye

But, if you say you never have had a duplicate account here I will take your word for that

and please accept my apology here

Now, since we agree we will not run out of oil anytime soon, let us continue.

This being the case then we need to let the technologies do their thing

Artificially running up energy prices today and subsidizing poor alternatives serves only

to empower those in the chosen trades and government officials.

The solution will be found

Government intervention will only slow it down

There are expamples I know when the gov did not slow things down

But todays gov is just bent on power and money

Hence, some of them support the alarmist POV
Abraham Lincoln

OK folks, let get back to the topic at hand. What do you think about the veracity of the science and the scientists pushing their "cause"? I did not know that crusading for a cause was part of science. I know that some will not be able to get their brains around this one, but I would hope that most of you will.

Discuss.

It's

funny

that

you

double

space.

Most children do.

Sorry

It

bothers

You

this

better?

WAFJ[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

It's

funny

that

you

double

space.

Most children do.

Going to make the same lame comment to nigel99 i

in the thread he started too?

Or is this just a childest attack on a person with

whom you do not agree with politically?

Never mind

I know the answers

:)
BTW

You do understand that this style is taught for a reason?
Abraham Lincoln

You're argument is equivalent to...I have a total; do i cut away or just dump my reserve. A whoffo will rightfully say these guys have no idea what they are doing. The people that know look at your skepticism the same way.

What is the argument that you claim I am making?

Another goodie:

Haimberger:

It is interesting to see the lower tropospheric warming minimum in the tropics in all three plots, which I cannot explain. I believe it is spurious but it is remarkably robust against my adjustment efforts.”

Gotta love 'scientists' that ignore the scientific method.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sam Kinneson pointed out the futility of "aid" to famine struck areas, and the principle of people without food expecting things to somehow spontaneously improve if they can only have enough children is a losing bet.

Sounds like a new fallacy...ad comoedus ridiculum.

But ya, it was a funny comedic routine, one of my favorites despite it's lack of factual integrity, as is with most stand up. I was always amazed at how many people actually consider comedians reliable sources of information and appeal to them when making a "legitimate" argument.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

That you are a whoffo, looking from the outside and claiming we are full of shit when we say skydiving is safe. Neither of us know the consequences of these actions but as sure as we type they exist. As i type this I think it far more prudent to ask"what if" before we have to ask "why".

Only teens, or people whom cannot effectively communicate use emoteicons.

:D:D

You are going to be fun to deal with as the upcoming Obama loss gets closer along with alarmist loosing ground daily

:D
Abraham Lincoln