brenthutch

Climategate II

http://joannenova.com.au/2011/11/breaking-more-emails-released-climategate-ii/

This is the sound of settled science!

"GKSS is just one model and it is a model, so there is no need for it to be
correct.

Wils:

What if climate change appears to be just mainly a multidecadal natural fluctuation? They’ll kill us probably [...]

<1485> Mann:

the important thing is to make sure they’re loosing the PR battle. That’s what
the site [Real Climate] is about.

Bradley:

I’m sure you agree–the Mann/Jones GRL paper was truly pathetic and should never have been published. I don’t want to be associated with that 2000 year “reconstruction”.

Cook:

I am afraid that Mike is defending something that increasingly cannot be defended. He is investing too much personal stuff in this and not letting the science move ahead.

Barnett:

[IPCC AR5 models] clearly, some tuning or very good luck involved. I doubt the modeling world will be able to get away with this much longer"

You sound suspiciously like a DENIER.

Think of the children.

Oh YEAH!!!! the kids are great.
We can indoctrinate them early and then blackmail the HELL of them when they get older and make a shit-ton of cash off of them.

definitely need to keep that on the radar

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Think of the children.

We are

and if we can help it, we will not allow the alarmist to fuck them over any more:|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Think of the children.

We are

and if we can help it, we will not allow the alarmist to fuck them over any more:|

Oh, sure - next thing you're gonna suggest the earth is not flat.

Ever been to Kansas, Bucko? It is topographically flatter than a pancake.

The science is settled.

The science is settled.

Like I said

We will do our damnest to try and keep the next gereration from being fucked over by the alarmist wackos

Those who beleive this are among those wackos
Abraham Lincoln

The science is settled.

Like I said

We will do our damnest to try and keep the next gereration from being fucked over by the alarmist wackos

I wouldn't worry about it - in particular.

The next generation is unavoidably fucked in so many ways that the comic-book science syncophants only add to the mix.

We have overspent enough to absorb a generation's output - if that generation was productive as hell - and we are increasing our debt burden at an exponential pace.

We are importing over 75% of the petroleum we require to get through the day (as well as everything else), and we are poised to improve our production very, very soon. Solyndra should pick up most of the slack.

We have been paying the indigent to breed for half a century (it's hard to measure by "generations" since, like tribbles, they appear to be born pregnant), and it is politically incorrect to suggest there is something wrong with that.

"You hate the poor!"

Uh, no, but think poverty would not be as much of an issue if poor people avoided having babies - starting with the "Great Society." Sam Kinneson pointed out the futility of "aid" to famine struck areas, and the principle of people without food expecting things to somehow spontaneously improve if they can only have enough children is a losing bet. As Rocket J. Squirrel said, "that trick never works!"

BSBD,

Winsor

For those who would say "old news, nothing to see hear" The new stuff is:

1) Actively subverting FOIA intent

2) Admitting a) Hockey stick flawed & Steve is right, b) hide decline was dishonest, c) climate models are pretty bad, and d) cherry picking results like Japan hurricanes to emphasize a pre-ordained message

3) Trying to manipulate (and probably succeeding) who gets to be IPCC author

4) Trying to manage the message (PR concern)

5) Viewing science results as helping or hurting “the cause” — Mann especially

Is this how the "gold standard" of "peer reviewed" science manifests itself? Bill, Kallend is this what you were referring to?

Humans are just intelligent lemmings. Even if the scientists got it all wrong with the global warming thingy, which is a long shot, there are other problems. We're running out of oil for instance. And out of phosphate. and out of room, and out of loads of other things.

I don't have kids and I don't intend to have them. I don't really care what happens to your kids and grand-kids, so go ahead, and ignore the fact that we as a species are fucked if we keep on going at it as we do right now.

The science is settled.

Like I said

Yes, protect your children from the 97% of climate expert wackos who believe this alarmist nonsense. Don't worry that most of the civilized world would laugh at you. Protect them with your american conservative backyard bible science and make sure we run out of petrol as fast as possible. Who gives a flying fuck about any of this "clean air" nonsense anyway? GO USA!!

They have been saying that for centuries.

Nope, they didn't

Malthus said the obvious, namely that we're running out of room 200 years ago or so. That we're running out of everything else is a rather new observation. But by all means, stick your head in the sand, I really don't care because I'll be dead when it happens. But maybe Jesus will save you kiddies.

Been hearing that one since the early 70s. With shale oil, tar sands and fracking just now coming on line, fossil fuel will be around for a long time to come.

Yeah we got decades, maybe even centuries left, that's a long time for some people. Others look at the big picture, and realize that 200 years is next to nothing.

The science is settled.

Like I said

Yes, protect your children from the 97% of climate expert wackos who believe this alarmist nonsense. Don't worry that most of the civilized world would laugh at you. Protect them with your american conservative backyard bible science and make sure we run out of petrol as fast as possible. Who gives a flying fuck about any of this "clean air" nonsense anyway? GO USA!!

Of course

I have previously stated that I am working for polluted enough air and water to doom my children and grandchildren to oozing open sores and cancer filled lungs.

Us deniers are such evil bastards aint we

(now, want to take your joke of a post to the next level?)
Abraham Lincoln

I wasn't around in the 50s, so I will take your word for it.
I don't recall saying anything about US production. Nice canard though.

www.indexmundi.com/energy.aspx?country=us&product=oil&graph=production
www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=A

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I wasn't around in the 50s, so I will take your word for it.

Actually, some of us have discovered we can learn about things by reading, rather than actually being at the event. For example, I learned a lot about the Civil War by reading about it, even though I wasn't there. I highly recommend such approaches, although I know many conservatives dislike them.

>I wasn't around in the 50s, so I will take your word for it.

Actually, some of us have discovered we can learn about things by reading, rather than actually being at the event. For example, I learned a lot about the Civil War by reading about it, even though I wasn't there. I highly recommend such approaches, although I know many conservatives dislike them.

Sure, you can read and learn

Does not mean the conclusions one draws are worth a damn.

Man made climate change arguments and running out of oil are good examples of bad conclusions
Abraham Lincoln

Lets get back to the original thread. Does anyone still think that the IPCC and its "peer reviewed" science, is the Gold Standard that some on this forum claimed it to be?

It is science every bit as sound as you can find in any Superman comic book.