stevebabin

For the atheists...

...and it was funny chit back then too!!:ph34r:

Hey Normiss...did you understand what steve meant by "chit?"

Hence my "Forgot who posted him before." in the post.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Hence my "Forgot who posted him before." in the post.

Hence why I was showing you...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

...and it was funny chit back then too!!:ph34r:

As max alluded to in the old thread...I found it both amusing and quite sad actually.

Any condescending tit can sound funny when talking with that ghastly offshoot of received pronunciation :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ63LRDADY&feature=related

Nah, you're just sore because this guy funny and his jokes hit too close to home for you. You'll eventually learn how to take a joke.(Maybe)
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Your silly rules not mine. Looking at someone with lust outside of marriage is human nature, desiring a thing that is someone elses is natural too, it is delusional to deny this and idiotic to call it sin. There is nothing immoral about either of these acts.

No doubt about it. I agree completely that it is human nature and everyone is guilty of doing it. That's not my point. The point is there is a price to pay every time you or I break the Law. Either paid by you when you die or paid in your place by someone else.

Your silly "law" not mine, your guilt not mine.

There's a heavy price paid for feeling guilty over things everyone does naturally which are neither illegal nor immoral.

his jokes hit too close to home for you.

See that's my beef, it doesn't...you just think it does.

You'll eventually learn how to take a joke.

He's amusing, really...great delivery. You just take the joke too far...If our knowledge came from standup comics, we'd soon be a bunch of blithering bunkum morons. I'm trying to do you a favor.

Your silly "law" not mine, your guilt not mine.

There's a heavy price paid for feeling guilty over things everyone does naturally which are neither illegal nor immoral.

So you're ok with being a liar or with people lying to you since it's all just "natural?"

Now there YOU just lied. I was quite clear about having a discussion where I specifically mentioned two elements; lust and desire. Why did you feel the need to misrepresent what I was talking about and redact that portion of the discussion just to make a vapid non-point?

Your religion does NOTHING to make you moral as you've just demonstrated.

Your God, your silly rules your sin and your guilt and you can't even live by the standards you hope to measure others by.

and you can't even live by the standards you hope to measure others by.

I don't think he's measuring anybody, those are God's standards set forth in scripture...and that's the point...that not even Jay can live up to them, nobody can. It reveals our weakness and depravity...very humiliating and extremely hard to accept, I know...but it's the truth and it will set you free once you come to the realization and seek God's grace through Christ....

That's all, that's christianity in a nutshell. You can either accept it or reject it.

My trouble comes in when people start rejecting christianity because they believe you have to drive a car without your hands or some other presumptuous, stereotypical ignorant strawman...it almost troubles me more than people who actually "accept" christianity based on those bogus concepts...

Well, there's the first misconception.

..and there's a second one.

And since you fail to provide arguments as to why those are misconceptions, I assume that's because you don't have any arguments.

They've all been made...repeatedly.
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The Christian God is supposed to be all good,

so that makes the existence of undeserved evil, (like a toddler dying of AIDS in some godforsaken desert while crows are picking his /her eyes out) a rather big problem.

...and there's a second one.

The primary misconception is that god exists.

You sure?
What makes you so sure?
You know something nobody else does?
Oh...you just have a "feeling" and an "opinion".
Nothing solid, just a nebulous cloud of wonder.

"So...first .we invent a god, ok? Then, we convince everyone that they've pissed him off. Then, we convince them that there is a price to pay...that they owe something....or the boogie man...I mean satan, is going to get them if they don't pay."

Sounds just like our goobermint to me.

That's all, that's christianity in a nutshell. You can either accept it or reject it.

My trouble comes in when people start rejecting christianity because they believe you have to drive a car without your hands or some other presumptuous, stereotypical ignorant strawman...it almost troubles me more than people who actually "accept" christianity based on those bogus concepts...

It's the zombie god part I don't buy into. I do not believe in it there is no evidence for it nor any other supernatural nonsense.

I don't need a book written by bronze age liars and madmen to tell me that lying is wrong or murder is wrong, and I'll scoff at your thought crimes of lust and desire.

As for stereotypes, that has a lot to do with your fellow travelers and they are a natural consequence of dogma and literalism applied to a confused ancient text.

..and there's a second one.

And since you fail to provide arguments as to why those are misconceptions, I assume that's because you don't have any arguments.

They've all been made...repeatedly.
:P

For instance? Can you provide a link or two, or reiterate what you think has already been said?

"I already told you!" is a non-answer.

It's the zombie god part I don't buy into. I do not believe in it there is no evidence for it nor any other supernatural nonsense.

But you will believe in evidence that you evolved from a pile of dung?

why is it so hard to believe in eternal life? Everything else seems to be eternal...why not life, at least in a different form? Why must sentinece cease to exist? No evidence? Perhaps we haven't gotten there yet...for over 4000 years there has been this idea of an invisible omnipresent God...now science believes that the universe doesn't really make any sense without an invisible omni present force...

The question that keeps ringing in my ear is why are we not perfect?

If you believe that life, sentince and intelligence can evolve from a pile of dung, what is so ridiculous about the concept of evolving from physical imperfection into physical perfection and from physical prefection into spiritual perfection that will finally complete the cycle of our existience?

Insane, crazy?

Who cares...

Science is great, but you do not have to limit yourself to it's rules and imprison your mind.

"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning."-Lewis

If your intent was to parade your ignorance and scientific illiteracy then you succeeded.

I am familiar with a vast array of evidence for evolution from multiple fields of scientific study. It is beyond compelling. It is an absolutely overwhelming and practically irrefutable interconnected tapestry of mutually supporting facts.

We are not perfect for many reasons. Evolution is undirected. We are here because our ancestors survived. We are shaped by pressures applied to an existing form with all of it's legacy and we are perpetually a work in progress.

Here is the best video on the cause of evolutionary imperfection. Watch it if you dare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1Ek-HD0

And a some details on existing animals showing the evolutionary progression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi7rUyaPT-c

It's the God squad that has the explaining to do as to why His handiwork is imperfect in their unsupported fairy tale.

If your intent was to parade your ignorance and scientific illiteracy then you succeeded.

No, it was to illustrate your ignorance by using the analogy of your belief in a pile of dung to that of your accusation of my belief in zombies...

Don't get so hyper and defensive...it's bad form.

I don't need to watch your videos...I understand perfectly.

Stop limiting your mind to the rules of science...it's rather disturbing...

LOL, You do not understand it, it answers a question you asked two posts ago in profound ignorance. Stop filling your mind with nonsense and shunning the facts.

Science and understanding reality is what gave you the ability to post your nonsense online today.

Believing an inaccurate fantasy instead of the reality supported by the evidence is not a virtue, and it's not opening your mind. It's denying your mind knowledge that is readily available.

>But you will believe in evidence that you evolved from a pile of dung?

No one claims that.

>now science believes that the universe doesn't really make any sense without
>an invisible omni present force...

Four of them, actually - electromagnetism, gravity, strong and weak nuclear forces.

>what is so ridiculous about the concept of evolving from physical imperfection into
>physical perfection and from physical prefection into spiritual perfection that will
>finally complete the cycle of our existience?

Nothing. But we have a long way to go to evolve into either one. (And, of course, evolution's idea of perfection is probably different than yours.)

LOL, You do not understand it, it answers a question you asked two posts ago in profound ignorance.

No, you simply do not understand the premise from which the question was asked though it was already explained to you...crystal clear.