stevebabin

For the atheists...

So you are saying that Atheists are stronger in spirit, have fewer defects in character are not as spiritually blind and are more free than the religious.

Jesus came to save sinners. The righteous don't need saving. Guess you're good to go. But if you've ever lied, stolen, looked with lust outside of marriage, desired something that belonged to someone else, disrespected your parents, etc., you might want to reevaluate your character.

Knowledge of God allows us to know and love ourselves as well as those around us.

No "knowledge" of god is required for that.

True (God's Common Grace) but it does help to do it rightly (as God intended).

Nonsense.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No sir.

Humans make mistakes.

I've learned from mine. Not from something that doesn't exist.

A mistake might be something accidental that you did to someone else. With regard to God, however, it's much more serious (e.g. Sin). Time doesn't forgive sin neither does good intentions (learning from and not doing again). That doesn't even work in our court system. A price has to be paid eventually either by you or by Jesus (in your place).

"So...first .we invent a god, ok? Then, we convince everyone that they've pissed him off. Then, we convince them that there is a price to pay...that they owe something....or the boogie man...I mean satan, is going to get them if they don't pay."
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

So you are saying that Atheists are stronger in spirit, have fewer defects in character are not as spiritually blind and are more free than the religious.

Jesus came to save sinners. The righteous don't need saving. Guess you're good to go. But if you've ever lied, stolen, looked with lust outside of marriage, desired something that belonged to someone else, disrespected your parents, etc., you might want to reevaluate your character.

Your silly rules not mine. Looking at someone with lust outside of marriage is human nature, desiring a thing that is someone elses is natural too, it is delusional to deny this and idiotic to call it sin. There is nothing immoral about either of these acts. I will continue to do both and have absolutely no compunction about it.

As for reevaluating my character, I'll take better counsel than that of a bronze age mythology peddler.

But if you've ever lied, stolen, looked with lust outside of marriage, desired something that belonged to someone else, disrespected your parents, etc., you might want to reevaluate your character.

These just aren't very big sins in a world were the Holocaust happened. But then again, your God doesn't have problems with the concept of genocide.

Your silly rules not mine. Looking at someone with lust outside of marriage is human nature, desiring a thing that is someone elses is natural too, it is delusional to deny this and idiotic to call it sin. There is nothing immoral about either of these acts.

No doubt about it. I agree completely that it is human nature and everyone is guilty of doing it. That's not my point. The point is there is a price to pay every time you or I break the Law. Either paid by you when you die or paid in your place by someone else.

These just aren't very big sins in a world were the Holocaust happened. But then again, your God doesn't have problems with the concept of genocide.

If you lift your hand to strike your dog, there probably won't be any repercussions. Try and hit a police officer and you may go to jail. Try and hit a judge, and you will go to prison. But if you lift your hand to strike the President of the United States, and you will probably be shot before you even get a hand to him. It's the same crime, but each one has a different punishment, depending on the status of the one whom the crime is against. Every time you sin, in thought, word, or in deed, you are sinning against a morally prefect and holy God, and at the same time you are "storing up wrath" that will be revealed on Judgment Day. If God gives you justice, you will be damned. You have fair warning, and you may repent and be forgiven because of what Jesus did on the cross.

- Ray Comfort

So now you're going to scare us into belief????
:D:D:D:D:D:D
:S:S:S

No. Not really but you should know what you're up against. You will die someday. You're not guaranteed tomorrow. You should be terrified of the prospect of hell but that's not why you "should" tirn to Jesus. You should turn to Him because He had been so kind to provide the way for you to escape it. There is no love greater than that.

Is there some religious or almighty meaning behind "morally prefect"?
That line makes no sense to me.
But come to think about it ......

Holy, without flaw, blameless in character.... Not sure how else to define morally perfect.

You sure focus on a ton of them in your book of magical powers. Seems they DO make a difference.

Seriously? My apologies for reading what was written.
wow that sounds weird.

:D:D

Your words of "kind", "loving", etc clearly do NOT have the meanings we on earth have been taught - no???

...and it was funny chit back then too!!:ph34r:
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

...and it was funny chit back then too!!:ph34r:

As max alluded to in the old thread...I found it both amusing and quite sad actually.

Any condescending tit can sound funny when talking with that ghastly offshoot of received pronunciation :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ63LRDADY&feature=related
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...