sacex250

Oh God! Libya and Sharia Law?

Is there no end to the madness?

Here we go again!

Well the madness started when we decided that we would support terrorists in Libya[:/]. Unfortunately poking our noses into other peoples business tends to back-fire.

I am not surprised that this is happening.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Well the madness started when we decided that we would support terrorists in Libya. Unfortunately poking our noses into other peoples business tends to back-fire.

And how has Western involvement anything to do with the possible introduction of the Shariah in Libya? AFAIK Shariah is an Islamic law-system, and to me at least it seems a lot more plausible, that if the Shariah is introduced in Libya, it's because most Libyans are Muslims.

I think it's also time that people stop making excuses for Muslims/Islam whenever things don't go well in Islamia. Sure, there's loads of nice Muslims, I bet most Muslims are nice people, but overall Islam seems to lead the field in religious craziness at this day and age. I think it's time that we start blaming Islam, when something is obviously caused by Islam, like it is in this case.

So we sowed bombs and we reap shariah law....

So Shariah is da Bomb?

No, Shania (Twain) is da Bomb!

This feels like a political thriiler in which Chevy Chase is playing the President and Randy Quaid is the Secretary of State!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Really, as if we didn't see this coming!

Yes, and let me get on the record now so that in ten years when we invade Libya to overthrow the Taliban-like-government in the name of human rights I can say that I saw it coming!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Really, as if we didn't see this coming!

Yes, and let me get on the record now so that in ten years when we invade Libya to overthrow the Taliban-like-government in the name of human rights I can say that I saw it coming!

Join the queue

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

You sound surprised? As I've said right from the start the 'rebels' include a very large dose of Al Qaeda supporters and fighters. So now people are surprised? :S

Anyway Sharia law is about more than lopping off appendages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yes, and if you sift through all the medieval manure there's even some reasonable things in it too. Still ridicule is the only sensible reaction to the Shariah.

Still, Sharia, as practiced today, treats women well dont you think?

I mean, they (women) are seen as equals, arent they, under Sharia law?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Still, Sharia, as practiced today, treats women well dont you think?

I mean, they (women) are seen as equals, arent they, under Sharia law?

You are kidding me, right? This is a serious question.

Of course I am kidding

I was responding to your comment about the proper way to talk about Sharia

you know

this?

Still ridicule is the only sensible reaction to the Shariah.

Were you serious?

Or am I not understanding your point?
Abraham Lincoln

Ah, my bad, but sometimes sarcasm is a bit hard to get on the internet, and there are non-Muslims out there who actually swallow the BS about the shariah being the apotheosis of female emancipation.

Yes
I agree that sarcasm is hard to detect on the intenet

Yours and mine this time it appears

We are on the same page however

Marc
Abraham Lincoln

You sound surprised? As I've said right from the start the 'rebels' include a very large dose of Al Qaeda supporters and fighters. So now people are surprised? :S

The problem is that it depends on whom you ask. From your wiki link:

Muslims believe sharia is God's law, but they differ as to what exactly it entails.[2] Modernists, traditionalists and fundamentalists all hold different views of sharia, as do adherents to different schools of Islamic thought and scholarship. Different countries, societies and cultures have varying interpretations of sharia as well.

A recent example could be seen in Iraq a few years ago. The calls for implementation of sharia by the militants were not met with alarm by the populace, mostly because each person had a different definition in his mind about what that meant. As soon as the militants started enforcing their barbaric version, the populace quite decidedly turned on them in the uprising.

According to the varied comments in the OP article, it seems Libya will have to endure those same growing pains. [:/]
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

You're exactly right. There are dozens of Sharia courts throughout the UK where the interpretation is moderate and in concordance with the laws of the nations.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You're exactly right. There are dozens of Sharia courts throughout the UK where the interpretation is moderate and in concordance with the laws of the nations.

Yes, some Muslims want moderate shariah courts in the Netherlands too, but you know what, we already have a law in the Netherlands. If those Muslims have problems with our laws, they're free to fuck off to a country that better suits them. Yes, I know, it's a bit blunt, but I will not tolerate that medieval shit, not even the light version of it, in my country.

Shariah courts (along with Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Aztec, Babylonian, Wiccan etc. courts) should be razed the moment they're discovered on Dutch soil. We are a secular country and we don't need nor want Islamic Bullshit laws.

Yes, some Muslims want moderate shariah courts in the Netherlands too, but you know what, we already have a law in the Netherlands. If those Muslims have problems with our laws, they're free to fuck off to a country that better suits them. Yes, I know, it's a bit blunt, but I will not tolerate that medieval shit, not even the light version of it, in my country.

Shariah courts (along with Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Aztec, Babylonian, Wiccan etc. courts) should be razed the moment they're discovered on Dutch soil. We are a secular country and we don't need nor want Islamic Bullshit laws.

+1
Abraham Lincoln