JohnRich

Iran plotted to assassinate Saudi ambassador in D.C.

News:
Iran behind alleged terrorist plot, U.S. says

"U.S. officials on Tuesday said that they had foiled an elaborate terrorist plot backed by factions of the Iranian government aimed at assassinating the Saudi ambassador to Washington..."
Full story: Washington Post

And if they blow up a couple of embassies along with it, all the better!

It's our open and proud policy to assassinate foreign and American citizens in different countries.
We have waived our right to object to this sort of activity.

This is quite easily the most intelligent thing I've heard lately. I just wonder why some "other" people don't get it. You're bang on!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Meh. It's our open and proud policy to assassinate foreign and American citizens in different countries.

Ah, but we're openly do that against those we're at war with. At this time (and for sake of argument, presuming the allegations are true), Iran and Saudi Arabia are rivals, but not in any state of war.

We also do not target diplomats. Baghdad Bob surrendered to the coalition troops, was interviewed, and then released and now lives in the UAE. We did not kill or try him for his propaganda efforts during the war.

--
Now reading the details, this doesn't seem like a crack squad of hitmen. Can we take the Obama Administration at face value on their allegations against Iranian leadership? Certainly seems like our friend plausible deniability comes into play. We'll have to see the reactions from the Saudis.

Meh. It's our open and proud policy to assassinate foreign and American citizens in different countries.

Where's the poll?
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Ah, but we're openly do that against those we're at war with.

I'd argue against "openly"....because we Americans only find out about these things either after the fact or when an honorable in-the-know citizen lets the cat out of the bag early.

And I'd argue "at war with"....because we'd have to nail down just what "at war with" really means in the U.S.

We also do not target diplomats.

Maybe just heads-of-state? Omar X 2?

Certainly seems like our friend plausible deniability comes into play.

The U.S. has that down pat. Get somebody else to do the dirty work for you.

Ah, but we're openly do that against those we're at war with.

I'd argue against "openly"....because we Americans only find out about these things either after the fact or when an honorable in-the-know citizen lets the cat out of the bag early.

And I'd argue "at war with"....because we'd have to nail down just what "at war with" really means in the U.S.

We also do not target diplomats.

Maybe just heads-of-state? Omar X 2?

Certainly seems like our friend plausible deniability comes into play.

The U.S. has that down pat. Get somebody else to do the dirty work for you.

Hey that is what lawyers are good for... they have that whole variable sence of morality while paying lip service to "ethics" at work for them.

Just find your own lawyer willing to find some obscurity in "THE LAW" and you are good to go to break any convention you wish to break.... whats a little murder and torture in defense of your position right??

This stinks of shit. It is hard to believe the Iranians would use a mexican drug cartel proxy to facilitate an assassination. They have proven capable of doing this type of thing on their own. There are a lot of dead americans that demonstrate just how efficient they are at both organizing, and following thru with things of this nature. Not saying they have done it in america or it didn't happen. Just reeks of weapons of mass distraction, nanothermite, etc.

It makes a change from it being the CIA or Mossad (presuming that its true and actually isn't an op by the aforementioned).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Who are the US to condemn the Iranian culture of assassination as being wrong?

We ARE the high and mighty!
Do as I say, not as I do?

Your statement, taken at face value, and coming from another country, is a good indicator of how America is often viewed by the outside world. It's sad.

OTOH, rightly or wrongly, America has earned its reputation.

Who are the US to condemn the Iranian culture of assassination as being wrong?

We ARE the high and mighty!
Do as I say, not as I do?

Your statement, taken at face value, and coming from another country, is a good indicator of how America is often viewed by the outside world. It's sad.

OTOH, rightly or wrongly, America has earned its reputation.

Yeah? Well at least we do our own assasinations and don't subcontract it to drug dealers.

Historically, neither has Iran.
I don't believe this story.

I think they are trying to divert attention away from the Fast and Furious gun-running scam. But that's just me.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't believe this story.

Iran's president Achmed Jibberjabber is claiming it's a lie too. But then, he also claims the holocaust is a lie. So he's like the little boy sheepherder in the Aesop's fable that cried "wolf!" so many times, that no one believed him any more.

Yeah? Well at least we do our own assasinations and don't subcontract it to drug dealers.

Well, there was the pesky question about the mafia and Kennedy getting popped.

This stinks of shit. It is hard to believe the Iranians would use a mexican drug cartel proxy to facilitate an assassination. They have proven capable of doing this type of thing on their own. There are a lot of dead americans that demonstrate just how efficient they are at both organizing, and following thru with things of this nature. Not saying they have done it in america or it didn't happen. Just reeks of weapons of mass distraction, nanothermite, etc.

You are on the right track "yourmama",
The now daily propaganda assault against Iran shows their hand!
The prize has been Iran all along.

They lost it in the late '70s and have been wanting it back ever since.
Note the illogical war against Iraq and Afganistan. Each was to surround Iran with our war machine.

Really????... Hikers in Iraq accidently crossed the Iranian border??
Who the fuck goes hikin' in a war zone?????