tbrown

Sarah Palin Announces She's NOT Running for President

Thank fuck for that. :)

So this clears the way for... Michelle Bachmann?:S:P

Who are the likely Republican primary candidates who are genuinely serious politicians? Is this the year Ron Paul finally gets the nod as the only possible nominee who is both well known and not a circus clown?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Thank fuck for that. :)

So this clears the way for... Michelle Bachmann?:S:P

Who are the likely Republican primary candidates who are genuinely serious politicians? Is this the year Ron Paul finally gets the nod as the only possible nominee who is both well known and not a circus clown?

I think we can practically count on Bachman alienating enough mainstream citizens with her foot-in-mouth dialog that she should not be a major factor (though still embarassing that even 5% of people think she should hold the office).

Paul appears to be more lion tamer than clown - could be the man for the times. From just about everybody else, we are likely to get the same old-same old; special interest driven favor trading.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

She's not as dumb as many think.

Right. Some people think she's a drooling retard, when in fact she's simply average.

Me? I don't want average sitting in the Oval Office. We ought to be aiming quite a bit higher.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>She's not as dumb as many think.

I don't think she's dumb at all. She has parlayed her personality into multi-million-dollar reality shows, book deals and talk feed. That takes some serious savvy.

There are a lot of people out there who may not have book smarts but are very good at something. Lady Gaga may not have a high IQ but she knows how to make money singing. Paris Hilton can definitely make decisions that make her money. It doesn't really matter that they don't know any Supreme Court decisions other than Roe v Wade, or don't read any newspapers; they are competent in other ways.

Average would be an improvement over the current occupant.

Regardless of what you think about Obama, his educational level is well above average.

To say Palin is somehow superior to him in that area is laughable.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Average would be an improvement over the current occupant.

Regardless of what you think about Obama, his educational level is well above average.

To say Palin is somehow superior to him in that area is laughable.

no, that makes sense. He's "book smart" but has no ability to link actions to consequences. Or policy to total economic meltdown.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

She's not as dumb as many think.

Right. Some people think she's a drooling retard, when in fact she's simply average.

Me? I don't want average sitting in the Oval Office. We ought to be aiming quite a bit higher.

I beg to disagree. If she's average, then I'm a rocket scientist and you're about to win an NPP