JohnRich

Rob Reiner applauded for comparing Tea Party to Nazis

>I support the military.

Great! Apparently some Tea Partiers do not. And when they booed a soldier during the Republican debates, not a single Tea Party candidate spoke out against it. Even here people tried to downplay it.

>I believe the poor have programs in place to provide assistance.

The Tea Party position is apparently in part, "let them die." (That answer was shouted out by a Tea Partyer at a debate and cheered by the rest.)

>I fear BHO

No shame there. Will you go to counseling to deal with that fear and anger, so you can make better rational decisions? Or will you express it often to others, hoping to anger and frighten them as well? If so, the Tea Party will welcome you with open arms.

I am amused by the way you take isolated incidents and try spread them to everyone you do not agree with. That's OK, it is typical liberal strategy.

Will I go to counseling? I might but, right now I do not need to rent a friend, basically what counseling is. I have friends who share my values and we move around the country sharing with other like minded patriots. I don't have to sell my view. I just team up.

BTW, from a mental health point of view, rational decisions are universal and unique to the thinker. Rational means I need to justify my position to myself.

Mentally healthy people think rationally and decide emotionally. It takes both factors.

Your difficulty is that your rationality does not fit my reality.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I don't think the majority of tea baggers are racist, but to claim they are not practically 100% white is a joke. Just for fun, go to youtube and look at teabagger rally's and try and find any of the brothers or the sisters in the crowd, not speakers, but teabagger members.

Give yourself plenty of time.

Damn, another one...So you don't want to cry UNCLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CLPhz0DHM

I said practically 100%, I counted hundreds and hundreds of non-whites before your guy shows up. freeze every new shot and scan the crowd, they are 99.9% white,

I don't think the majority of tea baggers are racist, but to claim they are not practically 100% white is a joke. Just for fun, go to youtube and look at teabagger rally's and try and find any of the brothers or the sisters in the crowd, not speakers, but teabagger members.

Give yourself plenty of time.

Damn, another one...So you don't want to cry UNCLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CLPhz0DHM

I said practically 100%, I counted hundreds and hundreds of non-whites before your guy shows up. freeze every new shot and scan the crowd, they are 99.9% white,

And 95% of blacks voted for Obama. But that's alright right?
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Well, considering 94% of blacks voted for Gore in 2004, it's hard to argue that the Obama vote was due to black racism. Unless Gore is black, in which case your point is valid.

I think the interesting thing about Tea Party people being mostly white, and let's stop the silliness and admit they are, is that the Tea Party is really best described as an offshoot of the Republican Party and not the bipartisan big tent that Tea Party people claim it is.

- Dan G

Well, considering 94% of blacks voted for Gore in 2004, it's hard to argue that the Obama vote was due to black racism. Unless Gore is black, in which case your point is valid.

I think the interesting thing about Tea Party people being mostly white, and let's stop the silliness and admit they are, is that the Tea Party is really best described as an offshoot of the Republican Party and not the bipartisan big tent that Tea Party people claim it is.

According to liberals, anyway.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well then, if it's alright for 94% of blacks to vote liberal every time without batting an eyelid, why isn't it okay for 90% of tea party supporters (a subset within a group) to be white?

Or as with every thing else is it only racist when non-liberal groups happen to have a predominant race?

*for the record I'm a half Asian, agnostic, libertarian/conservative who finds the hypocrisy sad and amusing.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Well then, if it's alright for 94% of blacks to vote liberal every time without batting an eyelid, why isn't it okay for 90% of tea party supporters (a subset within a group) to be white?

Or as with every thing else is it only racist when non-liberal groups happen to have a predominant race?

*for the record I"m a half Asian, agnostic, libertarian/conservative who finds the hypocrisy sad and amusing.

"No more callers, folks...we have a winner!"
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It is "ok." But he pointed out its silly to claim it's something it's not.

And the difference you're missing is that the Democratic Party consists of more than just extremely loyal black voters.

But to continue down this vein of racism, let's see if 94% of black registered Republicans vote for Cain.

Or it could do us a favor and send up Romney, so we won't have to vote for least worst in November.

The fact that Romney is even running for the GOP ticket is amazing. His positions (other than big business) are all liberal.... Or they were before he changed them to try an appear conservative.

Abortion:
'I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose.'
'I never really called myself pro-choice.'

Taxes:
'I believe the tax on capital gains should be zero.'
'It's a tax cut for fat cats.'

Health care:
'I like mandates. The mandates work.'
'I think it's unconstitutional on the 10th Amendment front.'

Gun ownership:
Claims to support, but signed a ban and said the Clinton ban should have been reimplemented.

Social Security:
'I'm not in favor of privatizing Social Security or making cuts.'
'Social Security's the easiest and that's because you can give people a personal account.'

BTW, from a mental health point of view, rational decisions are universal and unique to the thinker. Rational means I need to justify my position to myself.

Mentally healthy people think rationally and decide emotionally. It takes both factors.

This is incoherent nonsense. A "decision" cannot be both "universal and unique to the thinker" at the same time. The definition of rationality is most certainly not being able to justify one's position to one's self. Your third statement is simply bizzare and makes you sound mentally unbalanced.

This is incoherent nonsense. A "decision" cannot be both "universal and unique to the thinker" at the same time. The definition of rationality is most certainly not being able to justify one's position to one's self. Your third statement is simply bizzare and makes you sound mentally unbalanced.

Let me see if I can clarify my hastily jotted note.

1. Decisions are universally rational to the individual. They are unique to the individual. Crazy people believe they making the right decisions. We have to try to teach them to think through to the consequence of their decision.

2. Rational thought is the process of the mind regardless of the outcome. That is to say, an individual perceives event A, thinks plan B and performs action C.

Example, Joe hears baby cry, he plans to quiet baby, he picks baby up and 1) comforts baby in his arms or, 2) throws baby to the ground. Both outcomes are rational in Joe's mind.

3. There are many realities. Each human being has a unique reality because it is impossible for everyone to be in the same space at the same time with the same level of intellect, education and consciousness.

See also: Decision Making Isn't Always As Rational As You Think (or Hope)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070215144329.htm

I hope this helps with your understanding.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Sigh. Ok. I'm not going to get into an argument over the internet about such a complex concept as rationality with someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about, and with someone who is so sure he knows everything about the concept.

If you or anyone else wants to take a look at what some of the top thinkers have to say about the concept, check out this link, especially #5.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/practical-reason/#MaxRat

Sigh. Ok. I'm not going to get into an argument over the internet about such a complex concept as rationality with someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about, and with someone who is so sure he knows everything about the concept.

If you or anyone else wants to take a look at what some of the top thinkers have to say about the concept, check out this link, especially #5.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/practical-reason/#MaxRat

It is a difference in training and professional acumen. You are an attorney and I am a mental health/substance use disorder counselor.

The emotionally disturbed drug dependent person does not make rational decisions regarding the law. They make rational decisions regarding their disease.

Thus proving my point, there are many realities with many systems of rationality. You live in one world and I live in another.

I don't know your specialty but, I would guess that we share a common value. Namely, help people live a socially acceptable lifestyle.