ryoder

Oceanside CA/Open carry/Cop/Video

Good post
It is nice to see such professionalism

I got to wonder though.
If it is legal to open carry, for what reason would an officer say he is stopping you?

i know he said they had calls a guy was carrying but it is legal, right?

Now I don't know the details of this stop. And the officer was cool. So I am asking more from a genaric point of view, is stopping and questioning someone just because they are legally carrying wrong?

It is wrong to stop someone and ask if they are a citizen. What is the difference?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There must be some mistake. JR and others keep saying there's nothing but left wing liberal gun grabbers in California and others say all cops are on power trips and can't be trusted. Certainly this video was faked.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

There must be some mistake. JR and others keep saying there's nothing but left wing liberal gun grabbers in California and others say all cops are on power trips and can't be trusted. Certainly this video was faked.

the only thing fake here would be someone taking a point to an absolute
Abraham Lincoln

the only thing fake is taking a point to an absolute

Rush, you are a constant source of amusement and irony, but I doubt it's intentional.

Oh, I think it is

Stuff that is the funniest has truth in it
Abraham Lincoln

That guy is a moron. It may be his right to open carry, but he is open carrying a unloaded handgun which serves no purpose for self defense, and he is obviously trolling for trouble.

Personally I am not a big fan of open carry. I don't draw attention when I am carrying my handgun. I don't scare little old ladies, and I have the element of suprise if I even needed it. I also have way less risk of some one grabbing my gun.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

There must be some mistake. JR and others keep saying there's nothing but left wing liberal gun grabbers in California...

You really are losing it, quade. The quality of your posts and behavior has degraded significantly recently, and now you're telling outright lies about other posters who disagree with you. I'm beginning to question your fitness as a moderator. You representation of that role is poor, as exhibited by this, and other recent posts, from you.

From the sticky note at the top of the thread list:
"If you find yourself starting a thread specifically about another poster, I strongly urge you to reconsider. Personal threads are silly, usually pointless, and mostly devolve into flame fests. Such threads are viewed with the utmost skepticism by the moderators...

"When discussing in this (or any) forum, a good rule of thumb is the one we learned in 2nd grade soccer--play the ball, not the player. If you find yourself directing things at a person rather than at what they say, chances are you are out of line."
How is it that you figure it's okay to promote lies about someone else like this, while at the same time acting as the enforcer of this rule against others?

It's time for you take a step back, reflect upon what you're doing, and change your ways.

That guy is a moron. It may be his right to open carry, but he is open carrying a unloaded handgun which serves no purpose for self defense, and he is obviously trolling for trouble.

No, he's trolling to have the law accepted as normal, instead of having it seen as a sign of troublemakers.

And by carrying an empty gun, he proves to the cops that challenge him that he's not a troublemaker.

And even open carry of an unloaded handgun is very likely to make robbers and muggers go somewhere else to find a suitable victim.

If they don't like the open-carry law, they can start a movement in the legislature to change it. But as long as it's the law, then the police shouldn't make a big deal out of it when they see someone doing what the law says is legal.

Was Rosa Parks "trolling for trouble" when she refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man? Were the blacks who sat down at the white-only lunch counter in Greensboro "trolling for trouble"? Nope. They were just trying to have "what's right" become the accepted norm, and fortunately, because of actions like theirs, it did.

Was Rosa Parks "trolling for trouble" when she refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man?

Were the blacks who sat down at the white-only lunch counter in Greensboro "trolling for trouble"?

\

Absolutely - and it was right to do it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"Lighten up, Francis."

Ever hear the expression, "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke"? Well, you sir don't appear to be able to take a joke.

If you wish for me to lighten up, then don't tell lies about me. If you wish to make a light-hearted joke about gun supporters, then do so in a generic manner, and don't use my name or initials in it.

Readers: The last part of quade's message, above, appeared only when I used the "quote" button for a reply. quade has somehow hidden that in his public posting. But since it showed up in the reply process, I'm including it here.

quade: If you had wanted that to remain private, you should have sent it as a private message. Since it shows up in quoted replies, I'm considering it public info. Get some class.

Personally I am not a big fan of open carry. I don't draw attention when I am carrying my handgun. I don't scare little old ladies, and I have the element of suprise if I even needed it. I also have way less risk of some one grabbing my gun.

Here's a universal truth: The act of standing up for your rights by exercising your rights is inherently rude to those who don't respect your rights!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Readers: The last part of quade's message, above, appeared only when I used the "quote" button for a reply. quade has somehow hidden that in his public posting. But since it showed up in the reply process, I'm including it here.

Wooo Doggie! You got some kind of tin-foil hat thing going on today.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Maybe it was just a timing issue, where you added the insult after I first saw the post, and before I hit the "quote" button to reply. At any rate, that's the way it appeared to my eyes - the insult wasn't there at first, and it was a few moments later.

And instead of taking my advice to heart to change your ways, you choose to hurl yet another insult, which just goes to prove my point. You have become unfit to be a moderator.

Maybe it was just a timing issue, where you added the insult after I first saw the post, and before I hit the "quote" button to reply. At any rate, that's the way it appeared to my eyes - the insult wasn't there at first, and it was a few moments later.

And instead of taking my advice to heart to change your ways, you choose to hurl yet another insult, which just goes to prove my point. You have become unfit to be a moderator.

Why don't you go home and fight your personal battles in PMs?

What a laughing stock.

And why on earth should someone take *your advice to heart ...'? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

A nice cop, but I would like to see what would happen to the average brother in the same situation.

I think this cop in the vid would probably handle it the same, assumung the "average brother" handled himself well.

I watched the video again and I have to agree. That cop did an awesome job and seems like a cool guy with his head on straight.
=P

A nice cop, but I would like to see what would happen to the average brother in the same situation.

I think this cop in the vid would probably handle it the same, assumung the "average brother" handled himself well.

I watched the video again and I have to agree. That cop did an awesome job and seems like a cool guy with his head on straight.

Yep, *his head on straight*. Straight into the camera ....

Jesus Christ, how easy is it to fool someone :S

Man guys, no wonder actors ruled your world.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Thats an ironic statement, considering your nations less than stellar track record with leaders.

Egging for the camera was the perfect thing to do, instead of acting like he didn't want to be filmed. It turned the tables of the candid camera douche.
=P